Garrett Wilson: "This sh*t is Not Ok."

Vader

Just now, More Cowbell said:

GW, it's  not the reciever room, it's  that other room that is the other part of the passing game

It was clearly implied. No one is going to throw their own teammates under the bus in public, i'm pretty sure they will make him know during the week.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Claymation said:

He was calling the coaches that don’t have a plan.
That being said, Zach was awful today.

Sounds like to me that the coaching staff has Zach Wilson handcuffed. They are babying him. They won’t let him throw those 50/50 balls, they won’t let the WRers go and try to make the tough plays. With that being said, I don’t blame the staff, Zach can’t even hit screen passes. Hard to trust a qb that has a hard time hitting easy high percentage pass plays.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Sounds like to me that the coaching staff has Zach Wilson handcuffed. They won’t let him throw those 50/50 balls. With that being said, I don’t blame the staff, Zach can’t even hit screen passes. 

I don't blame them to a certain degree because Wilson can't be trusted to throw downfield but what about short passes, screens, slants? We had 2 yards of offense in the 2nd half. That's almost impossible to do. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I don't blame them to a certain degree because Wilson can't be trusted to throw downfield but what about short passes, screens, slants? We had 2 yards of offense in the 2nd half. That's almost impossible to do. 

It's almost impossible. And this is with a #2 overall pick behind center.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Correct, how can you let Zach be a gunslinger when he can’t hit the elementary throws? WRers want to go out and ball and make the highlight plays . They have talent to do that, the problem is that our defense is so good and our QB is so far behind in his development that allowing Wilson to play like that likely results in a multiple turnover game that results in a loss. Zach Wilson isn’t Brett Favre, he isn’t going to cancel out a bone headed play with a game winning drive. Zach Wilson is holding this team back, the coaching staff doesn’t have an answer for ZW. Damned if they do and they are damned if they don’t. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I don't blame them to a certain degree because Wilson can't be trusted to throw downfield

Then you gotta sit him.  

It's become on the organization at this point.  If they don't trust him,  an 2nd year NFL QB, to throw the ball downfield...then you gotta trying something else.

• Upvote 2

Just now, extmenace said:

Correct, how can you let Zach be a gunslinger when he can’t hit the elementary throws? WRers want to go out and ball and make the highlight plays . They have talent to do that, the problem is that our defense is so good and our QB is so far behind in his development that allowing Wilson to play like that likely results in a multiple turnover game that results in a loss. Zach Wilson isn’t Brett Favre, he isn’t going to cancel out a bone headed play with a game winning drive. Zach Wilson is holding this team back, the coaching staff doesn’t have an answer for ZW. Damned if they do and they are damned if they don’t. 

A few games ago wasn’t lafleur seen on camera throwing his hands up saying how do you call plays for this guy?

kind of sums it up and that is not absolving lafleur of accountability

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Put a C on that man’s chest. The only one calling it like it is. Direct shots at Zach and LaFleur. Saleh better wake up fast because this team is losing it.

Look, Z Wilson looks like dogsh*t.  I don’t get it - he was so accurate in college.  But straight up MLF is skating on thin ice.  He needed to scheme our way to some offense, and against good coaching he looks like an imposter.  

With that said, you also need to sit Zach and see how MLF does with Mike White.  Because honestly, we might need to replace the QB and the OC.  

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

A few games ago wasn’t lafleur seen on camera throwing his hands up saying how do you call plays for this guy?

kind of sums it up and that is not absolving lafleur of accountability

Exactly. I was more open minded towards Zach until today. Two weeks to slay the dragon and you ruin that defensive performance and all that work for the organization single-handedly? People blaming the play calling are insane. Zach couldn’t even execute screen passes today. If they weren’t talking about it already, it’s about time they start talking about throwing him on the bench. Flacco is average at best, but that’s all this team needs right now. Average qb play. If Zach can’t provide that, you can’t throw away all the hard work this team has put in to develop a qb that hasn’t shown any signs of growth.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Biggs said:

Sounds like he thinks players and coaches dogged it through the bye.   It’s probably not great that he took this public but I get the frustration.   

Saleh looked absolutely demoralized at the end of this game.   Lots of work to do this week.   

that's a best case scenario if the Jets just partied the last two weeks and they just played hungover

Just now, extmenace said:

Exactly. I was more open minded towards Zach until today. Two weeks to slay the dragon and you ruin that defensive performance and all that work for the organization single-handedly? People blaming the play calling are insane. Zach couldn’t even execute screen passes today. If they weren’t talking about it already, it’s about time they start talking about throwing him on the bench. Flacco is average at best, but that’s all this team needs right now. Average qb play. If Zach can’t provide that, you can’t throw away all the hard work this team has put in to develop a qb that hasn’t shown any signs of growth.

Threw high to both Braxton and Mims on that same little WR screen.

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

A lot more calm then I was reading it lol. 

He’s calling out Lefluer. Pretty clear. Can’t score points on WR screens and playing timid. 

Yeah but if ZW is hamstringing MLF, it's an indictment of ZW -- he's saying basically do what it takes to get the ball in his hands.  get the feeling he's also criticizing the other WRs.

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I mean he’s calling everyone out in saying everyone needs to step tf up

The problem for me with what Garrett Wilson said is this. He's saying that if we all just work a little harder in the WR room, problem solved, and we just need to commit to that POV.

The bottomline here though is that just working harder when you don't have the talent or game-plan to succeed is just going to be more frustration.

The Jets got punched in the mouth today and no amount of hard work is going to straighten out those game day ducks from ZW.