What should the Jets do with Zach Wilson next week?

Maxman

What should the Jets do with Zach Wilson next week?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Jets do with Zach Wilson next week?

• Bench him
    • Start him but he gets a short rope
    • Nothing, he gets the full year no matter what

I feel like Wilson needed 2 years on the bench to hammer down proper mechanics before playing. The physical attributes are undeniable but he is obviously very inconsistent with footwork and throwing motion which causes major problems on top of his inability to quickly process.

The combination gives us the erratic bs results. I have a hard time watching this guy when he's flailing around out there and it's hard to imagine him suddenly turning around into consistent good results.

No one wants to watch Joe Flacco suck at football and I question whether Mike white has the physical attributes to be an NFL QB.

Basically it seems like we're screwed at QB and the only way we progress on that this year is if Wilson magically puts it all together all the sudden. I would start him but you absolutely have to be willing to bring in the backup if he's playing this turd sandwich brand of football.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

14 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

A chick that can dance and has bunch of kids knows how to f#*k. So I should f#*k Zach's mother. Just saying. 

I know this is a joke, but don't do this year.  These are real people. No need for that.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I feel like Wilson needed 2 years on the bench to hammer down proper mechanics before playing. The physical attributes are undeniable but he is obviously very inconsistent with footwork and throwing motion which causes major problems on top of his inability to quickly process.

The combination gives us the erratic bs results. I have a hard time watching this guy when he's flailing around out there and it's hard to imagine him suddenly turning around into consistent good results.

No one wants to watch Joe Flacco suck at football and I question whether Mike white has the physical attributes to be an NFL QB.

Basically it seems like we're screwed at QB and the only way we progress on that this year is if Wilson magically puts it all together all the sudden. I would start him but you absolutely have to be willing to bring in the backup if he's playing this turd sandwich brand of football.

Sucks but that isn't a thing anymore. He would have benefited so much from sitting. He comes unglued so many times each game.

The scariest part for me is I question his toughness. Love his athleticism and he started the game by making things happen. He has gotten over the interception thing great.

But hell it would be nice if he would keep his feet set and complete a short pass a few times a game.

• Upvote 3

Just now, jNYC1 said:

If Zach starts, short leash.

He is not executing the offense… and everyone knows it on the team.

No one on the team is perfect, but no one is playing as poorly individually.

It reminds me of Geno Smith after the Chargers game (time zone). Probably the last QB I can recall taking this much heat. 

Geno came in the next week and immediately threw 3 picks. He was benched for a few games. 

After watching the past year and a half, Zach has zero touch on anything up the middle. He is overthrowing, throwing behind on crossers, or one hopping almost every pass between the hashes. There should have been another pic at the end of the first half by, again overthrowing Conklin. Same terrible flat footed mechanics that got him intercepted in the first matchup when going to Conklin. 

Any completions today were all to the sideline. He does not step up into throws in the pocket whatsoever. Zach didn’t even look towards the middle in the second half. Moore was wide open on a crosser on the final pass to MC.

My optimism for Zach is at an all time low today. turnovers over the middle have broke this young man and he has lost all confidence. Time to hold the clipboard I’m afraid. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I bench him.

I start White, with ~5-10 plays designed for Streveler (mostly runs) to keep the D on their toes.  

Too bad Saleh has (I believe) already made it very clear he's not making any changes.  Probably won't the rest of this year, tbqh.

I voted for start him with a short leash. But your suggestion sounds better. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

The hard part of the schedule when it comes to defenses is over. Going by ppg against ranking 

Bears - 28

Vikings - 20

Bills - 4

Lions - 32

Jags - 14

Seahawks - 23

Dolphins - 22

Zach SHOULD start to get into a groove in the coming games. If he plays like sh*t these next 2 weeks then bench his ass. 

This is my thinking as well. You play Zach to give him the chance to rebound against the easy part of the schedule. White and Flacco are not QBs of the future. 

He needs to look good against the Bears. His play has been bad. The snobby locker room/post game comments are the part that really erk me though.

• Upvote 2

The injuries to the O-Line and the injury to Breece Hall have really exposed Zach Wilson. Seemed like the team with Breece and AVT was going to be able to run the ball well enough this year to put Zach in a position where he could kind of hide and not have to do a ton. That's obviously not the goal with the #2 pick in the draft but it might have bought him some time to continue to learn and grow at the position. 

I think against the Bears, Zach is in desperate need of a strong game. If he's struggling again I think you have to pull him. The Jets are 6-4. It's no longer just about Zach Wilson and his development anymore.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

This is my thinking as well. You play Zach to give him the chance to rebound against the easy part of the schedule. White and Flacco are not QBs of the future. 

He needs to look good against the Bears. His play has been bad. The snobby locker room/post game comments are the part that really erk me though.

I feel the same. He acts like a know it all condescending type which is very concerning. 

The physical talent is there without question, but it’s infuriating watching him. If he just owned up to his mistakes instead of being cocky I’d feel a lot better about it. 

When the reporters ask him questions he comes back saying that they should be a coach and other things similar are just bad. Reminiscent of baker mayfield, but less aggressive and more childish 

The time to bench him was after the 3rd quarter of this horrific game.  They could have easily gone back to him next week.  Showing him that he isn't immune from a benching might have been good for him.

Now that they let him F this game up you have to give him a chance to bounce back but hopefully they'll have a short leash.