What should the Jets do with Zach Wilson next week?

Maxman

What should the Jets do with Zach Wilson next week?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Jets do with Zach Wilson next week?

• Bench him
    • Start him but he gets a short rope
    • Nothing, he gets the full year no matter what

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

The hard part of the schedule when it comes to defenses is over. Going by ppg against ranking 

Bears - 28

Vikings - 20

Bills - 4

Lions - 32

Jags - 14

Seahawks - 23

Dolphins - 22

Zach SHOULD start to get into a groove in the coming games. If he plays like sh*t these next 2 weeks then bench his ass. 

Lol this theory is ridiculous. Can’t blame his overthrown missed dinks n dunks on the opposing team. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BurntDice said:

The hard part of the schedule when it comes to defenses is over. Going by ppg against ranking 

Bears - 28

Vikings - 20

Bills - 4

Lions - 32

Jags - 14

Seahawks - 23

Dolphins - 22

Zach SHOULD start to get into a groove in the coming games. If he plays like sh*t these next 2 weeks then bench his ass. 

I know this will be an unpopular addition, but NE happen to be better than all of these defenses in ppg against. 

I'd sit him, for both his good and that of the team.  The players know they have a good team that is being held back by inferior QB play. With even solid QB play, the Jets win at least one of the Pats' games - quite possibly both - rather than being swept by the evil empire.

The players can smell the playoffs, but they know the smell is getting more faint. The D is playing well enough to make the playoffs, and you can understand why they are getting frustrated.  It appears that, increasingly, the WRs are getting frustrated too.

If they go on like this, the team will splinter and that won't be good for anyone.

Sit Zach for a week at least, and let Mike White show what he's capable of.  There's too much to lose by not making a change.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

This is my thinking as well. You play Zach to give him the chance to rebound against the easy part of the schedule. White and Flacco are not QBs of the future. 

He needs to look good against the Bears. His play has been bad. The snobby locker room/post game comments are the part that really erk me though.

So he goes out and balls out against the basement of the nfl he is the franchise qb again?

Just now, oatmeal said:

So he goes out and balls out against the basement of the nfl he is the franchise qb again?

Nobody is saying that.  Look I am disgusted by his performance against the Pats but what do you propose they do say “Zach you’re done with the Jets and we’re going with Mike White even though he isn’t here past next year”?  We have to at least give him more games and if he sucks like he did today then at least we know definitively that we need a QB next year 

• Upvote 1

The poll options are pretty poor.  Why can't the Jets keep starting him for now and re-evaulate after a couple of games against non-BB defenses?  Saleh isn't going to start a QB controversy unless he seriously prepared to move on from ZW.   I can't see that happening this year unless ZW continues like this (which I don't expect he will).

I don't think the team takes MW seriously.  JiFlacco is washed.  And "The Strev" is a glorified CFL QB (my comment yesterday that "I owe an apology to Strev" was meant as a shot at Zach's play yesterday, NOT as a compliment to Strev, who svcks).

We all know that good QBs "find a way", even when the chips are down.  This team has had plenty of "the chips are down" moments (injuries, OL, tough defenses, etc) and ZW has mostly failed those tests (despite the team winning).  He's mostly been a passenger on this ride and yesterday's performance was downright pathetic.

But finally we're getting to the portion of the schedule where things will be a little easier for him.  Now we get to see if he can succeed when conditions are more favorable.  I fully expect him to play a little better against the lower ranked defenses.  MLF needs to stop neutering him though.  Let him throw the ball around like a real NFL QB would.   If he throws INTs and we lose games then we're just going to have to live with that.

The "neuter the QB" approach is going to cause a revolt in the locker room.  Eli Moore lost it a few weeks ago, even when we were winning.  But after yesterday's game, it feels like major fractures are starting to show (JFM liking a tweet criticizing ZW, GW expressing frustration, etc).

The NFL is a "big boy league".  ZW has started 20 games now.  The coddling needs to stop.  Sink or swim.

ZW has talent but at the trajectory he's on, things don't look good.  And with the defense we have right now that's a true shame.  Our best hope is that Zach can "get right" against the "easier" (I put in quotes because you never know) portion of our schedule and gain some confidence for the stretch run.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

As much as I would like to put Zach Wilson on the next rocket ship to the moon, you have to start him this week on a short leash.   You cant ask him to go, GB, NE x2 and Buffalo 4 games straight and then stick Mike White in vs. a team that is tanking.  If there was ever a game for Zach Wilson to shut the haters up and prove he belongs, it's this game.  I wouldnt put a penny on it happening but if you're the Jets, this has to be the decision.  The Bears are the worst team in Football, if Zach cant put up a competent stat line and show he belongs, then it's time to bench him but I dont think you do it going into this game.  I think you let him start and if he continues to be atrocious, you tell him at half, we're giving Mike the 2nd half to see if he can give us a spark.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lith said:

I said bench him.  But I am guessing he will start and have a short leash.  Unless it is really bad in the locker room (which it might be), I expect we will hear that Zach is the QB all week, and then he gets pulled if he struggles early.

the sad part is that i don't think he will have a short leash at all. he will play the whole game whether he sucks or not. saleh has shown to be a huge pussy in this regard

8 hours ago, Bronx said:

Zach has already lost the locker room and respect.  There is no additional experiment needed.

maybe so but how does any fan know?  i'm pretty sure a lot of people do not like wilson and blame him for directly for a couple of losses but how does one know without seeing the actual game tape and the plays called?  if wilson isn't seeing the open guys then the jets need to think seriously about benching him.

20 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

the sad part is that i don't think he will have a short leash at all. he will play the whole game whether he sucks or not. saleh has shown to be a huge pussy in this regard

Saleh just doesn't want to open up that can of worms unless he's seriously starting to question ZW's chances of making it.

As much as I would like to put Zach Wilson on the next rocket ship to the moon, you have to start him this week on a short leash.   You cant ask him to go, GB, NE x2 and Buffalo 4 games straight and then stick Mike White in vs. a team that is tanking.  If there was ever a game for Zach Wilson to shut the haters up and prove he belongs, it's this game.  I wouldnt put a penny on it happening but if you're the Jets, this has to be the decision.  The Bears are the worst team in Football, if Zach cant put up a competent stat line and show he belongs, then it's time to bench him but I dont think you do it going into this game.  I think you let him start and if he continues to be atrocious, you tell him at half, we're giving Mike the 2nd half to see if he can give us a spark.  

Agree here... but if it's halftime and we're down 10-3 and have about 60 yards of offense and Zach has missed 2 or 3 easy throws....benching him is a no brainer... not to say that the alternative is any better but we need a spark... would love for once to see some tempo or hurry up

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, GangGreen Machine said:

After watching the past year and a half, Zach has zero touch on anything up the middle. He is overthrowing, throwing behind on crossers, or one hopping almost every pass between the hashes. There should have been another pic at the end of the first half by, again overthrowing Conklin. Same terrible flat footed mechanics that got him intercepted in the first matchup when going to Conklin. 

Any completions today were all to the sideline. He does not step up into throws in the pocket whatsoever. Zach didn’t even look towards the middle in the second half. Moore was wide open on a crosser on the final pass to MC.

My optimism for Zach is at an all time low today. turnovers over the middle have broke this young man and he has lost all confidence. Time to hold the clipboard I’m afraid. 

Great take...I was furious with both MLF and Zach.  But after seeing some images, Zach just isn't seeing open receivers, or, he's too afraid to throw it and make the mistake. Like you said, Moore was wide open, right in front of his face and he didn't throw it.  I think at this point, Zach is hearing, "Don't make the big mistake", so he isn't throwing the ball to guys that are "NFL Open", and he fears throwing it over the middle due to throwing a pick.  Zach couldn't hit screen passes, thats not on MLF, what can you draw up when your qb is throwing for 40% and too afraid to use the whole field to make throws? The game is too big for him, too fast, and he's playing scared.

His presser was terrible, he said it was windy.  Well, you have a howitzer for an arm and the wind was your issue, but Mac Pennington threw for 250 and 80%, whats the answer for that?  Is it not going to be windy in the Meadowlands in November and December? Come on man.

His play and his complete lack of accountability and how to handle the media make him not long for here.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

You're probably right, but the crowd in attendance wont have a short leash.  His first over throw or three and out, the crowd is going to show their frustrations. This home game will feel like a road game really fast.