There Was Blame to Go Around For This Loss Besides the Wilson Train Wreck

Braden Mann, JD draft pick, out kicked his coverage 

Mekhi Becton, AVT, JD draft picks, no where to be seen 

Breece hall, JD draft pick, injured 

Corey Davis jd free agent, injured again 

Yes there are alot of reasons for this loss besides Zach and it all traces back to the decisions made by the general manager 

Zach wilson is the only one who can fix all these problems just by playing at a competent level, which is why he gets the focus 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You can't blame a GM for injuries. He has put together a very good young roster. Except for QB that is. 

If drafting 400 pound offensive line men was smart nfl teams would sign sumo wrestlers 

You can blame him for injuries he's taking big risks on boom bust prospects 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bitonti said:

If drafting 400 pound offensive line men was smart nfl teams would sign sumo wrestlers 

This thread was not about JD, who did a great job building this team.  This thread is about the Jets inability to run the ball at all today - a yard a carry?  It is about the awful punt coverage with 20 seconds left in the game and the decision to kick in the middle of the field. It is about not trying to win the game with 30 seconds left when the risk was small at that point.  I am not defending Wilson.  

Just now, bitonti said:

No GM is perfect in case you weren't aware. He missed on ZW for sure. The guy just had an amazing draft and off season. Sauce will likely be DROY and if Hall doesn't get hurt he is likely OROY. This team is 6-4 with the worst QB play in football. It's a strong roster minus ZW. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Bryce Huff, sack, JD UDFA.

JFM, sack, JD waiver wire

Clemons, sack, JD pick

Lawson, sack, JD pick up

Quincy Williams, sack, JD waiver wire

I could go on

Yeah he's built a great defense in a league that is all about the scoring of easy points 

Lawson was kind of a bust in year 1 btw another example of taking chances on injury prone athletes 

• Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This thread was not about JD, who did a great job building this team.  This thread is about the Jets inability to run the ball at all today - a yard a carry?  It is about the awful punt coverage with 20 seconds left in the game and the decision to kick in the middle of the field. It is about not trying to win the game with 30 seconds left when the risk was small at that point.  I am not defending Wilson.  

If the qb can't pass its simple enough for most teams to shut down the run 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Yeah he's built a great defense in a league that is all about the scoring of easy points 

Lawson was kind of a bust in year 1 btw another example of taking chances on injury prone athletes 

Yeah, JD should have known that the guy was going to tear his achilles. What a dope. 

• Haha 2

I blame the fans for some of the very mean stats they’ve been posting about Zach. 

How can any QB be expected to play like a competent QB when they are constantly being reminded they are one of the worse QBs in the league, and in the recent history of highly drafted QBs.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

No GM is perfect in case you weren't aware. He missed on ZW for sure. The guy just had an amazing draft and off season. Sauce will likely be DROY and if Hall doesn't get hurt he is likely OROY. This team is 6-4 with the worst QB play in football. It's a strong roster minus ZW. 

Breece hall is a stud but the common thinking is that you don't spend 2nd Rd picks on rb because that position does not last 

Breece hall lasted 7 glorious games 

You don't spent top 5 picks on CBs because they are easy to game plan around 

JD thinks he smarter than everyone else his decisions are almost universally overrated 

None of it matters if Zach is a bust. That's the highest draft pick since Keyshawn Johnson, missing that one is grounds for dismissal it does not matter how many great corners he drafted. Zach wilson is going to get everyone fired. We're at least 2 years away from another QB and it will only happen if woody cleans house 

• Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1

9 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah, JD should have known that the guy was going to tear his achilles. What a dope. 

Carl Lawson tore his acl at auburn another acl at cinci and then the Achilles here. The guy is talented but he's prone to major lower body injuries. 

Lets not pretend like it's all about bad luck 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Breece hall is a stud but the common thinking is that you don't spend 2nd Rd picks on rb because that position does not last 

Breece hall lasted 7 glorious games 

You don't spent top 5 picks on CBs because they are easy to game plan around 

JD thinks he smarter than everyone else his decisions are almost universally overrated 

None of it matters if Zach is a bust. That's the highest draft pick since Keyshawn Johnson, missing that one is grounds for dismissal it does not matter how many great corners he drafted. Zach wilson is going to get everyone fired. We're at least 2 years away from another QB and it will only happen if woody cleans house 

Breece Hall is a stud and will be back next year and moving up to pick him in the second round was genius. Cornerback is a premium position and we have the best defensive rookie in the league. Another great pick. You are a hater. You will never admit that JD put together a great roster. Have you not seen the improvement in this team? Hell, you wouldn't even admit if they won the super bowl. You would just have another excuse as to why JD wasn't the reason for it. 

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Breece Hall is a stud and will be back next year and moving up to pick him in the second round was genius. Cornerback is a premium position and we have the best defensive rookie in the league. Another great pick. You are a hater. You will never admit that JD put together a great roster. Hell, you wouldn't even admit if they won the super bowl. You would just have another excuse as to why JD wasn't the reason for it. 

By the time breece hall is back to cutting like his normal self (year 2 after acl rehab) jd will be in year 6 and need a new contract 

I like the sauce pick but as today showed having shutdown corners are a luxury on a team that has no offense 

It's not a great roster it's a 6 win team on the way to 6-11

I got thumbs down emojis for 2 years for hating Zach it doesn't make me feel happy to be right about the Jets I'd rather be wrong 

They are SOJ until they find a real qb or even an average one 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'd argue this is the best collective group of offensive talent as I've seen in a very long time. Zach is the glaring weakness, if you swap him out for even average QB play, I believe we are a SB contender.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

By the time breece hall is back to cutting like his normal self (year 2 after acl rehab) jd will be in year 6 and need a new contract 

I like the sauce pick but as today showed having shutdown corners are a luxury on a team that has no offense 

It's not a great roster it's a 6 win team on the way to 6-11

I got thumbs down emojis for 2 years for hating Zach it doesn't make me feel happy to be right about the Jets I'd rather be wrong 

They are SOJ until they find a real qb or even an average one 

Yeah it's a real luxury going from the worst defense in the league to a top 5 defense with 2 top corners that has been responsible for a 6-4 record. This team does need a QB but 6-11 is just silly. 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I'd argue this is the best collective group of offensive talent as I've seen in a very long time. Zach is the glaring weakness, if you swap him out for even average QB play, I believe we are a SB contender.

The offensive line is well below average but yes the wr and te are best in years. 

It's all hypothetical whether or not they'd be contenders because we're stuck with Zach wilson for a while 

It's a fun mental experiment but we'll never know for sure what could have been if Zach was decent or breece hall did not get hurt 

That's alternate timeline stuff 

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah it's a real luxury going from the worst defense in the league to a top 5 defense with 2 top corners that has been responsible for a 6-4 record. This team does need a QB but 6-11 is just silly. 

The only way this team wins another game this year is if Zach gets hurt or benched. That's where this offense is at, realistically. Offense can't function at even a basic level right now 

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

The only way this team wins another game this year is if Zach gets hurt or benched. That's where this offense is at, realistically. Offense can't function at even a basic level right now 

I can safely bet that they won't finish 6-11 lol. They're not playing the Patriots every single week. 

That said, Zach Wilson was abysmal today. He just has no answer for BB and the Pats defense. 

Just now, bitonti said:

Zach sucks but they just beat Buffalo and won 5 of their last 7. Why would they lose every single game even with Wilson starting. They will win at least 3 or 4 the rest of the way. 

49 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

OK. So Wilson gave up the punt return TD? As terrible as he was today, how do you ignore an 84 yard punt return TD - the only punt return TD in the NFL this season - with 5 freaking seconds left in the game??????  

The Jets could still be playing right now and not have gotten in field goal range the return spared us of overtime. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

OK. So Wilson gave up the punt return TD? As terrible as he was today, how do you ignore an 84 yard punt return TD - the only punt return TD in the NFL this season - with 5 freaking seconds left in the game??????  

because the offense should not have scored 3 points in 59 and a half minutes. it should have never came down to that punt. 

he completed 40% of his passes. overthrew 2 screen passes, bounce a pass to a wide open Moore. underthrew GW on the sideline, had a pass blocked at the LOS. how can you blame play calling when you QB cant be trusted to complete a pass.

Mac got sacked 6 times and still had a really good game so lets not blame the OL cause Zach cant handle any pressure.

and your defense grip? they beat us in TOP 35-24. the defense cant be on the field that long and yet we still held them to 3 points.

i dont get this Zach defense. you do realize whether its this week or at the end of the year he will never be a FQB. nobody who has played this bad in 2 years has ever done it. he will even be worst than Josh Allen 2nd year. he has a 1- 1000 chance to succeed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Zach sucks but they just beat Buffalo and won 5 of their last 7. Why would they lose every single game even with Wilson starting. They will win at least 3 or 4 the rest of the way. 

The Jets had more punts than pass completions today the offense is historically bad and there's no bottom to how many games this team can lose 

• Upvote 1