Wilson Through 20 Career Games

Brutal game from him. Against the Patriots at least  he looks lost and incapable.  Very Frustrating coming off the Buffalo game where he didn’t have flashy stats but managed a very good game against a tough defense.  His comments after the game has also left a sour taste in my mouth.  Although I’m not ready to write him off and move on he has definitely put more doubt in my mind.  I’m not saying he hasn’t had issues against other teams but it seems against the Patriots he looks like a high school QB out there and we can’t have that against division rival.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

13 TD's in 20 games is astonishingly bad.  I mean, we're talking Bryce Petty level.  

I'm being serious with this question because I honestly cant think of an example.  Has there ever been a less productive starter maintain his starting position for this long while playing so badly?  Like 20 games is not a small sample size.  He sucks lemons. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Worst QB I've ever seen play 5+ games for the Jets.

Forget about Darnold - He's worse than Brooks Bollinger and Kellen Clemens. 

Observably worse than those 2, I went w/ Bryce Petty and posed a serious question because straight up, I dont think I've seen a franchise stick with QB play this bad for this long who actually has had viable options at back up.

• Upvote 3

While i think the problems the O had vs the Pats went beyond terrible QB play, the fact is that was some terrible QB play. The wind was clearly in his head because he used it as a sorry excuse. The other QB found a way to succeed in the wind. I think that combined with the mantra that Zach’s job is to do no harm absolutely killed any chance Wilson had yesterday. IMO he has a “head” problem. He can’t play “on time” because he is thinking too much and afraid to make mistakes. The only way for the jets to figure out what they have is to take the reigns off and let him sling it for the rest of the season. He may still be terrible but at least they’d know for sure. That way they can try to trade him, or even cut him ($7.8 million cap hit) if his presence is a distraction. Gardner Minshew is only 26 and the Jets would have no serious competition for him if he believed they were signing him to start.

• Post of the Week 2

30 minutes ago, JiFields said:

13 TD's in 20 games is astonishingly bad.  I mean, we're talking Bryce Petty level.  

I'm being serious with this question because I honestly cant think of an example.  Has there ever been a less productive starter maintain his starting position for this long while playing so badly?  Like 20 games is not a small sample size.  He sucks lemons. 

I think Brad Smith at the very least matches that 5-2 record if we just ran him 90% of the time. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

This is eye opening. He is seriously bad. These numbers wouldn't  even be acceptable  for a backup and when you link this to his comments in the presser, we have an unmitigated disaster at QB. 13 TDs in 20 games is horrible. Daniel Jones is better than this and Giant fans are jist about done with him. The only thing Zach hasn't  done is ask to be traded as Moore and Mims has done. If I was Saleh, I would have to seriously start to think this guy might not work out. There is actually a lot of evidence this season he isn't  the guy.  He has only had 1 good qrt this season against the Steelers. All season the Jets have won with weak QB play. All he has done is not turn it over and this last game, he was just lucky not to get picked off. JD has a good team but if he doesn't  do something about the QB, it is going down the drain and he is going to go down with it. 

If the Jets were a college team, he would be benched already and the school would have revoked his scholarship.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

this is what im have been saying for weeks. and its not just Jets he is this bad vs its every QB drafted in rd 1 in the last 10 years at least, could be longer.  nobody has ever made it being this bad except Josh Allen. but because he did it some think Zach could be the 2nd one instead of the dozens who busted. and he will have much worst numbers than Allen.

you got a better chance to hit lotto than Zach being a FQB. history dont lie.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JiFields said:

I have made this comparison before, Jake Locker. Even Locker had more touchdowns but their failings are similar and they both held onto their jobs for way too long

David Carr is another good comparison but at least you could say he was playing with an expansion team.

If Wilson ever lasted a whole 16 game season he might break Carr's sack record (he wouldnt though)