Cimini: Jets defense has “raw” feelings towards Zach

Rhg1084

Sad thing is he’ll probably be adequate vs the Bears and they get the win, he’s already proved he’ll never beat the Pats bc they’re in his head.

They don’t need outstanding qb play with this defense but whoever plays the position can’t have a limitation of not being able to beat one particular team.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If he can be had for that (and there's not a chance in heck I believe that) then sign me up!

His salary will hurt his trade value. Don’t think the packers can get a huge return for a declining qb making 50m a year. Maybe a first at most, but I have no idea what cap implications that may cause for the packers. Packers could be stuck with him.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

1. You don’t know that. 

2. Brady is looking to get paid before he’s forced to retire.  He will play anywhere that pays him

3. It’s his opportunity for ultimate revenge on Belichick 

Yes I do. Brady hates the Jets as much as BB does, if you have watched his disdain for this team for the last 20 years you too would see that. There isnt a snowballs chance in hell, give that nonsense a break. 

Not happening, he hates the Jets

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If TB12 wants to keep playing, he's going to have limited options.  The Jets have a very good situation for him. 

In any case, JD absolutely better check in on this situation.

JD should check, I think TB will have other options than the Jets and will take them over playing for a team he has hated for 20 years and having to bend over for his taxes.

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

Yes I do. Brady hates the Jets as much as BB does, if you have watched his disdain for this team for the last 20 years you too would see that. There isnt a snowballs chance in hell, give that nonsense a break. 

Again, if TB12 wants to keep playing he's not going to have that many teams that even want him.  And of those that do, he's going to want the best "win now" situation.  The Jets can offer a terrific defense and some talented play makers on offense.  Plus it would be a chance to stick it to BB. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Brady is very savvy regarding media. He knows if he won a super bowl in NY he’d be up to his eyeballs in endorsements money next 40 years and he just lost a ton of money in that crypto nonsense and his ex wife will clean him out in the divorce 

SIGN BRADY!!!!!!!!!

Gisele makes a lot more money than Brady does.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Actually, Rodgers would be the easiest plug and play guy bc he already knows the system and will be on the trade block. 

This I agree on, Rodgers will be 39 in December, It comes down to does he still loves the game, but I would be on board for this, if he still wants to play into his 40's.

11 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Brady is very savvy regarding media. He knows if he won a super bowl in NY he’d be up to his eyeballs in endorsements money next 40 years and he just lost a ton of money in that crypto nonsense and his ex wife will clean him out in the divorce 

SIGN BRADY!!!!!!!!!

Let's make a friendly wager to the other's charity shall we? 

I wager that they can give any amount of momey they want and throw in half ownership and he would still never play for this god forsaken franchise, revenge aside. That is a nice angle but not enough. 

Let's say $50 to the charity of the other's choice?

6 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I mentioned it another thread, I just dont think you can bench him this week vs. the worst team in Football and 3 straight division games  vs. 2 of the best D's in Football but if he sh*ts the bed vs. the Bears, then it becomes a no brainer.  JMO

I can see that scenario now that you mention it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Again, if TB12 wants to keep playing he's not going to have that many teams that even want him.  And of those that do, he's going to want the best "win now" situation.  The Jets can offer a terrific defense and some talented play makers on offense.  Plus it would be a chance to stick it to BB. 

He will never play in a cold weather locale again.....not happening, he already proved he was the reason the Pats won. He has nothing else to prove, that is just a dream some of yall are entertaining. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

He clearly wanted back in the division with the reports that his dolphins deal fell apart. I don’t know how I’d feel about it but the current version of this team is better than almost any version he played against. Question is does he hate the jets more than his willingness to compete against belicheck?

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Carr just signed an extension with the Raiders.  (I don't care if he has an out clause after this year).

TB12 is the easiest plug-and-play fix if we're going for a veteran.

My buddy who is an avid Raiders fan thinks there is a really good shot they blow it up after this year. Carr's contract had virtually no signing bonus so Raiders don't have to be tied to him if they don't want.

TB12 and Jimmy G are the most plug and play for sure. Tannehill is probably going to be cut as well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, extmenace said:

He clearly wanted back in the division with the reports that his dolphins deal fell apart. I don’t know how I’d feel about it but the current version of this team is better than almost any version he played against. Question is does he hate the jets more than his willingness to compete against belicheck?

Miami- nice weather (like he has now) good team around him, good tax situation

Jets- has hated the team for years, bad weather, sh*tty fans, good team but he gets bent over on taxes.

Not apples to apples.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Miami- nice weather (like he has now) good team around him, good tax situation

Jets- has hated the team for years, bad weather, sh*tty fans, good team but he gets bent over on taxes.

Not apples to apples.

I agree on the money side. I posted an article in the “jets tax” thread. NJ / NY is one of the worst places to play as far as taxes go. With that being said, he basically spent his whole career in NE, another not so great state. A couple more million could cancel out the tax expenses.

not saying I want the guy either. I don’t think I could root for him personally. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, JiFields said:

The lack of awareness in this situation is alarming and I'd be offended too, G. Wilson said it wasnt good enough, Saleh called it dog sh*t and Zach was like nah, it was the wind.  He's the leader of the team and he took no accountability.  He just made Saleh's job that much harder, not sure how he smooths this over to be honest.  

Its Time Vegas GIF by BPONGofficial

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

My buddy who is an avid Raiders fan thinks there is a really good shot they blow it up after this year. Carr's contract had virtually no signing bonus so Raiders don't have to be tied to him if they don't want.

TB12 and Jimmy G are the most plug and play for sure. Tannehill is probably going to be cut as well.

Jimmy G is a horrible quarterback and Tom Brady is Hitler to this fanbase. Get a grip 

The only rational option is Gardner Minshew who is 27 years old and has a 4-1 career TD INT ratio 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JiFields said:

lol, no.  Sign a veteran, I'm done with this team drafting QB's and the last few times I've participated in this type of debate, I was verbally abused and nobody has apologized after I was proven right yet again.

My bruises are hidden by my scars. 

Bro, you and I have the best track record here with QBs. Just let us go find one. JD can cover the rest of it.

• Upvote 1

I mean forget about the Jets’ situation for a second.

This is professional sports.

Not some little league with participation medals or weekend warrior setup for 50-year old dudes with arthritis and gout.

If any player on any team sport looked as pathetic as ZW did yesterday, he would have been benched immediately without question.

That was downright embarrassing.

It’s one thing to lose the game. You can’t be drowning like that and then have your head coach make the ridiculous statement that sitting you is “the furthest thing from my mind.”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The “only”. ?

I just wanted to tell you I-28 I copied and pasted a quote from your excellent thread yesterday that got like 20 "likes" when you wrote: "you have an entire organization on the verge of taking the division lead and you settle for preserving the QBs development OVER getting the win"

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

SIGN BRADY!!!!!!!!!

He's up to his eyeballs in endorsements anyway, not to mention the FQB-paying seat they're keeping warm for him in the booth whenever he feels like it, and the state income tax thing is a bigger chunk of change - well into the millions - comparing FL to NY/NJ.

He doesn't need to sign here to have more money than he could possibly use, unless his goal was something like self-bankrolling building jumbo jets without a loan.

29 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Honestly the reaction from the fan base to do this would be much worse than Jason Taylor.  Especially when TB demands Woody unretire Namath's number...

• Post of the Week 1