Cimini: Jets defense has “raw” feelings towards Zach

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Is this your first year following the NFL ? 

what happens is the teams don’t want their good players to get hurt in the preseason, so the first few games are really like the preseason games of 5 years ago. 

Still seems odd that the turnaround fit so neatly into that box.  Also, the offense did not seem to be struggling back then.  O line injuries?  Breece Hall?  Sure, but still.  

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd argue, Zach has looked bad for weeks and the Patriots just said, let's live and die by Zach's arm. And it worked. They were able to sell out vs the run and Zach couldn't hit a 5 yard pass.

I agree--that's what NE did yesterday. It's the offensive coordinator and the head coach to come up with a different plan than the one that didn't work a few weeks ago and adjust in-game. This isn't going to be the only defense that can contain the same handful of run plays. There are other plays LaFleur could call to force the defense to account for more than a run up the middle or off the tackle. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The first 1-2 weeks of the season are basically preseason.  Takes time to know what you have.  Especially since the Jets D was very young and coming off such an awful 2021 season.

It's not surprising that the D took a few weeks to get into gear.  This wasn't the 2009 defense where you had a bunch of quality veteran guys ready to go.  

Edited to say that this response seems nasty.  Sorry, but I get that way responding to 80 sometimes.  I think he is good people.  I just think it is odd that the defense becoming legit coinincided with Wilson coming back

Oh yeah.  The new narrative is set.  I was here in 2021 and I think that is what I said then.  I like how I am being educated for the same sh*t I pointed out after the 1st quarter of 2021.  They were horrible in 2021.  The worst D in football.  They pretty much sucked through 3 this year.  Before we anoint them, maybe consider that other than Allen and Rodgers they have basically beaten XFL level QBs.  I like what we have been doing, but they have more to prove before I start spouting "championship level" defense around.  

27 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

considering that there was a deal in place for miami ownership to give him partial ownership this year to play for them and he is building a house in miami as well, I would say it is miami.  Thats not even taking into account the weather and state taxes.

The only reason he did not is because the bucs wouldnt let him out of his contract.  Hence BA not coaching the team.  That was their comprimise.

It would be illegal and against the CBA to include ownership in a team as part of payment

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm going to try and put a little nuance into this without this coming across as me making excuses for Zach....But I think it's more than just - Zach you sucked so it's your fault.

Saleh has be preaching and Zach repeating - over and over again that Zach was just a small piece of the puzzle.  The "What we're trying to do"....

Zach was asked to play safe, Zach was asked to not take chances, Zach was asked to not lose the game...

I'm sure Saleh's been in his ear all season - you don't let the team down - let the team carry you (we'll pick you up, you don't have to pick us up)

So when Zach buys into this - and does what he's asked....you can't just turn around and now say - It's all your F-ing fault.

The running game was supposed to be what carries this team...the running game was as bad as the passing game.

With that said - of course Zach should step up and say - Yes, I take responsibility - it's on me - I need to be better.  No sure why he didn't.  Not saying Zach wasn't bad he was.  Not saying Zach doesn't deserve the blame - he does.

Just saying their more nuance here than we're recognizing.

Zach couldn't make simple throws yesterday. dudes were wide open, some even stationary targets, and he still couldn't connect. You could see it in his eyes, be was dumbfounded as well. He's not doing what is being asked of him, otherwise he would have made 5-6 of those throws and this game would have ended in a 6-3 win. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

It would be illegal and against the CBA to include ownership in a team as part of payment

Yeah but those are just like boring facts and stuff 

btw, why does everyone assume Brady wants to stay in Florida?  His wife and the proximity to her family in Brazil was part of why he went to the bucs.  Clearly that’s no longer a factor. 

Just now, GangGreen Machine said:

Zach couldn't make simple throws yesterday. dudes were wide open, some even stationary targets, and he still couldn't connect. You could see it in his eyes, be was dumbfounded as well. He's not doing what is being asked of him, otherwise he would have made 5-6 of those throws and this game would have ended in a 6-3 win. 

What else do 40% of jets fans still need?  We get it, you guys drank Chris Simms kool aid 2 years ago

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Edited to say that this response seems nasty.  Sorry, but I get that way responding to 80 sometimes.  I think he is good people.  I just think it is odd that the defense becoming legit coinincided with Wilson coming back

Oh yeah.  The new narrative is set.  I was here in 2021 and I think that is what I said then.  I like how I am being educated for the same sh*t I pointed out after the 1st quarter of 2021.  They were horrible in 2021.  The worst D in football.  They pretty much sucked through 3 this year.  Before we anoint them, maybe consider that other than Allen and Rodgers they have basically beaten XFL level QBs.  I like what we have been doing, but they have more to prove before I start spouting "championship level" defense around.  

So how did Wilson impact the D becoming good

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Honestly I have no clue why you thought it was important enough to point out so vociferously.  

Because people who did not complain when everybody was yelling to fire the DC answered me with "Duh, it takes time for teams to gel.  Don't you watch football."   I think this D is horribly overrated right now.  I also think the offense outside of Wilson is probably overrated.  They have taken the exact step that we had hoped they would take from 2021 to 2022.  They are competitive.  Somehow that has morphed into allegedly being super bowl ready except for the QB.

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Because people who did not complain when everybody was yelling to fire the DC answered me with "Duh, it takes time for teams to gel.  Don't you watch football."   I think this D is horribly overrated right now.  I also think the offense outside of Wilson is probably overrated.  They have taken the exact step that we had hoped they would take from 2021 to 2022.  They are competitive.  Somehow that has morphed into allegedly being super bowl ready except for the QB.

Super Bowl ready?  Perhaps not, though crazier things have happened.  Capable of a playoff win or 2, when the whole league seems to be pretty sh*tty at the moment? Absolutely.  

On 11/21/2022 at 9:00 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Carr just signed an extension with the Raiders.  (I don't care if he has an out clause after this year).

TB12 is the easiest plug-and-play fix if we're going for a veteran.

Hah. Brady is cooked. And even if he weren't there's no chance in hell we would sign him 

On 11/21/2022 at 9:00 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Carr just signed an extension with the Raiders.  (I don't care if he has an out clause after this year).

TB12 is the easiest plug-and-play fix if we're going for a veteran.

Raiders fans hate Carr at a level that make me want to pass.

TB12 would be hysterical. Jets would be Super Bowl favorites and Patriots fans \ Belichick would melt down.

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Hah. Brady is cooked. And even if he weren't there's no chance in hell we would sign him 

Disagree that he's "cooked".  And while I agree it feels far-fetched that we'd sign him, you never know.  He's the perfect fit for us (UFA QB with championship pedigree), and we're the perfect fit for him (a team that feels like it's only a quality QB away from a Super Bowl).