SAFE SPACE for all the Zach believers

JTJet

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I believe in Zach.  I think he is going to be a heck of a qb in this league.  But he needs to sit for awhile and figure this out.  He is not playing well and it is getting worse by the game.

Let white finish the year out and zach can get another shot next year.

I dont think this is that difficult.  Not everyone is great their 1st 20 games.  He will get there.

I think that’s the worst plan. They should let Zach finish out the season as the starter and see if he puts anything on tape that they are comfortable going into next year with him as their QB. But if these last 7 games are bad then you just need to move on all together 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I believe that he needs to sit and not come back until he fixes his accuracy issue. Golf analogy: he is a great ball striker that can’t chip or putt. 

Good analogy. Except it’s not only about accuracy. It’s about recognition and decision making…so, he doesn’t even know which clubs to use?

• Haha 4

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

I think that’s the worst plan. They should let Zach finish out the season as the starter and see if he puts anything on tape that they are comfortable going into next year with him as their QB. But if these last 7 games are bad then you just need to move on all together 

Hes not going to put anything together on tape.  Hes in a rut he cannot get out of.  This is mental.  When its mental, you need time off to re-calibrate.  When you try to play through mental, it gets worse.

If they want to bring in competition in the offseason and make him earn the job in camp next year, I am fine with that.

Zach has a ton of talent and this staff loves him.  Thye need to help him figure out the mental side of things and unfrotunately, that cant be done during the season.  They tried but you can see its not working.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I believe in Zach.  I think he is going to be a heck of a qb in this league.  But he needs to sit for awhile and figure this out.  He is not playing well and it is getting worse by the game.

I dont think this is that difficult.  Not everyone is great their 1st 20 games.  He will get there.

Brave post. ;-)  

im afraid he might have a form of the “yips”..that baseball players and golfers can be infected with.  Some of his wild throws to receivers just yards away from him are scary bad.  You see one or two from elite QBs every now and then.  However ZW throws bushels of them in a span of 1 game.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I agree with this.  Give ZW the 7 games to show us something.  If he doesn't then he can't just be handed the job next year.  Bring in TB12.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree with this.  Give ZW the 7 games to show us something.  If he doesn't then he can't just be handed the job next year.  Bring in TB12.

Hes not going to show you anything.  You cant play out of a mental funk.  You need time off, re-calibrate, work on the mental side of things and come back fresh. 

Hes not going to show you anything.  You cant play out of a mental funk.  You need time off, re-calibrate, work on the mental side of things and come back fresh. 
You may be right ... I've experienced this myself ... Luckily I figured my sh*t out.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

This actually is a good idea. Zach getting benched for the remaining season will show him he isn't  above it all and needs to play or sit the ef down
Can't bench him for the season .. but you can pull him from games.ifnhe continues to suck.

• Upvote 1

I'd prefer Streveler by a mile

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I'm not just going to hand the the job to him next season.  Our defense feels like it's already championship caliber.  Whether fair or not, he needs to show us something this year.  If he can't produce then JD needs to figure something out for next year.  Zach only needed to be below average for us to win yesterday but he couldn't even pull that off.

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I figured the 7 of you that are still out there need a thread dedicated to your delusion. Come on in and talk amongst your echo chamber. 

Talk about the offensive line, coordinator, field turf, wind, receivers, or hard defenses. Pick your poison this week. 

I promise you wont be picked on....

I swear. Really. I do. 

080.jpg&ehk=g583NPbt5g%2BsDM3HCw1ESf%2B3

• Haha 4

Not a Zach 'believer' any more than I am any other player on this team. I have judged him and his future on the team based on his performance and potential. 

But the Jets have committed to him for this season as their starting QB. Saleh has said so himself. They have zero legitimate starting QB options on the team. Flacco and White aint it -Streveler is a mystery man, so who knows, I actually love the way he plays. But he is a third stringer. 

It will take a complete implosion by Zach (or the team in the W-L column) for the Jets CS to bench him. He did not implode in the Pats game. He played poorly and was ineffective. You could argue they lost because of him because he could not execute and could not produce- whatever. Thats one way to look at it. Coaches don't view things that way. They don't point the finger at one guy. It was a 3-3 with under a minute left in the game until the Pats returned a punt for a TD. And for a coach to say they lost that game because of Zach would be absurd. But fans can definitely view it that way. I completely understand. 

Bottom line, Saleh will not bench him based on his performance in this game. 

So Zach has the rest of this season barring a complete team collapse and/or barring a complete in-game implosion. 

I expect him to have a decent game against the Bears with no turnovers, some rush yards and at min. 1 TD and I expect the Jets to win on the back of their defense and run game.  

Having lost the Pats game, this is a big game for them. Really, just as big as the Pats game and I expect the Jets D to show up and shut down Fields. Pats have a tough game in Minn. and this is a great opportunity to jump them in the standings while staying in the playoff hunt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Good analogy. Except it’s not only about accuracy. It’s about recognition and decision making…so, he doesn’t even know which clubs to use?

I think the accuracy thing is the core issue. He doesn’t trust himself to make a tight window throw so he holds it. It hurts his confidence. It kills drives early, etc 

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not just going to hand the the job to him next season.  Our defense feels like it's already championship caliber.  Whether fair or not, he needs to show us something this year.  If he can't produce then JD needs to figure something out for next year.  Zach only needed to be below average for us to win yesterday but he couldn't even pull that off.

Then have him compete in camp next year, thats fine.

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

So Zach has the rest of this season barring a complete team collapse and/or barring a complete in-game implosion. 

Zach is basically the worst producing QB in the NFL today.  Pickett may be the only one worse.

He couldn't lead the O to more than 3 points yesterday.  The second half had (if I recall) -22 yards passing.

So with that in mind, what exactly does a "collapse" look like going forward for Zach Wilson at this point?

• Upvote 1