SAFE SPACE for all the Zach believers

JTJet

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That was the plan going into the season.  But that was before we realized how good our defense was.  Now it stinks that we might end up having to punt on this season.  Would love for this team to just sneak into postseason as the last wildcard and see if we can make noise.

Finish the play, finish the season. Wilson,as bad as he was yesterday, is not the only problem. I refer primarily to the run blocking. It cannot be overlooked in analyzing this season, the fact that we do not have "real starters". The Jets have won 6 games with or in spite of Wilson. Complete the season, and hopefully, as you say, we can sneak into the playoffs unexpectedly, and still have a complete evaluation of Wilson and make a final decision.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Is it too hard to ask Wilson in his 2nd season to not perform like the worst QB in the league? The dude can't even complete a screen pass and Flacco still has passing touchdowns on the season than Wilson does. 

We lose our minds because it's clear the QB doesn't have it. 

Patience.

Two weeks ago, everyone loved him. Now everyone hates him.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think that’s the worst plan. They should let Zach finish out the season as the starter and see if he puts anything on tape that they are comfortable going into next year with him as their QB. But if these last 7 games are bad then you just need to move on all together 

So he can go to New England and be the new Brady! 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, JTJet said:

A point by point breakdown in bold of the most false statements I have ever read in a single long winded paragraph. 

Its fine that you feel this way. But I assure you, the coaches and Jet brass don't. And Zach will not be benched against the Bears. 

You cannot bench Zach now.

(Yes..you can) Clearly you CAN. But what I obviously meant is that if you commit to a QB and your team is playing their way into playoff contention with him, you don't bail on him in week 12. Coaches don't do that. Certainly not when you have great options behind him. 

Say what you will about the team winning despite him- but he got you here.

(No. He didnt on his own shoulders) I'm not saying he put the team on his shoulders. When did I say that? I just said he won those games. Again. They may have won DESPITE him as so many have said. But he was the starting QB. He won those games. You can't take that away from him. Thats BS. In the Pitt game he made critical throws down the stretch to win it. In a number of the other games he played controlled, turnover free football to allow his defense and run game to take over. As the starter he gets those wins. There's no asterisk. And there is no guarantee AT ALL Flacco or White would be 5-2 at this point- even with the stellar Jet defense. There just isn't. You simply can't say that for sure. These are not guys that exemplify great QB play where you can even make an educated guess on the matter. In fact, these guys are turnover machines. You cannot convince me that had we had Flacco or White starting these games, either one of them would have gone 5-2. They are both garbage. So spare me. I'm not a huge supporter of Zach but this nonsense to bench him RIGHT now to start White or Flacco is just that- nonsense. And the coaches know this. They will ride it out with Zach the rest of the season.   

White has not put anything on tape or on his resume that justifies trotting him out there.

(Bengals game) That is not enough. It really isn't. He threw for multiple INTs in that game even though the Jets won and he had 3 TDs. It was the greatest achievement of his career and we haven't seen anything like that prior or since. Good for him but its really not enough. Its just not enough to pull Zach at this point. He followed that game up be getting shellacked by the Colts and being knocked out of the game. Then getting shellacked by the Bills and throwing 4INTs. I'm sorry if I'm not convinced. 

If Zach had a true melt-down against the Pats, sure, I could understand that. But he didn't.

(Yes, he did. Twice now. Your definition of meltdown is just lacking) Not really. He played poorly, yes. But it was a really tight game where one play getting the Jets into FG range could win it and he was clearly being conservative. The winds were bad and they affected him. Maybe they did not affect Mac Jones (good for him) but they seemed to affect Zach- it caused him all kinds of problems that it probably should not have. But he did not turn the ball over, he did not take stupid sacks where he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. This was FAR from a 'melt-down'.  

You say its mental and he needs to sit to re-calibrate but I don't buy that.

(You're wrong, it is mental AND he cant do) See point below. 

He just had a great, controlled, smart, efficient game where he showed good decision making against a stellar defense and one of the best teams in the NFL (Bills).

(That was the previous game, and they won because the D put the clamps on a top 2 offense/top 2 QB) Yes. Thats my whole point. Just the previous game he played solid, controlled football and allowed his defense and run game to control the game. This is how this team is built. This is how he's been winning games. Or have you not been watching? Yes they won because of the defense. That does not mean he did not play a good, smart game. If he had this major mental block that required the coach to bench him, there is no way he could play that kind of football and beat the Bills in a high pressure game like that. He made big throws at critical moments. I don't buy that suddenly (after a bad game against the Pats) he fell into some mental vortex that forces him to the bench. Its nonsense.  

How quickly we forget. How could it be this mental block that forces him to the bench for White of all people- a guy who has thrown multiple INTs in every game he has started for the Jets

(White also throws multiple TDs in a game, something Zach cant do) And? He does not have a huge sample size but his ratio is not great. Out of the 4 games he played last year he threw for more than 1 TD ONCE last year- THE BENGALS GAME. He threw more than one INT THREE TIMES. The one time he DID NOT throw for more than one INT was the Colts game where he got injured and knocked out early so he only had 11 pass attempts. STOP IT. Mike White stinks! 

when Zach just in his last game had no mental block and played great to beat a great team.

(Again, didnt play great, he played OK in that game, and that's being generous) He played a controlled, efficient, smart game where he executed well. He played well. This was a HUGE game. Stop taking that away from him. Its so petty. He showed up for that game and played well. This was one of the best teams in the NFL with a great defense. He went 18 for 25, 154yrds, a TD, no INTs, 24 rush yards a 72% completion percentage with a 101.1 passer rating. Like, he played well in a HUGE game and for Zach Wilson he played great. We haven't seen him play this well against one of the top teams in the league before. It was a big test for him. 

Bottom line, he had a bad game,

(Bad career)

Sarcastic John Oliver GIF

the conditions were tough

(Not for Mac Jones who was in the EXACT same conditions, with worse talent around him) That does not mean that conditions were tough. Jones also struggled with it. This was a 3-3 game and it was not just because of our defense. Again, Zach had a particularly bad game and made some piss poor throws. I'm not denying it. This is why you shoudln't be pulling out snippets from my comment and analyzing them. The conditions were, in fact tough for a QB. It was windy. No QB likes it when its windy and they have to adjust and their throws sail, etc. etc.  

BB outcoached us- AGAIN. But Zach is the best we got right now (which yes, is bad),

(No. He is not, this is false by every statistical metric) How so? Because to me, Mike White and Flacco do not represent a significantly better option (which is not how these decisions are made). 

he needs to pick himself up, brush himself off, move on to the Bears and get a W. The Jets CS are committed to him for the rest of this season.

(That's their doom) No. Benching him and trotting out Mike White is the Jets waving the white (pardon the pun) flag and giving up on the season. But obviously we disagree on that, and thats fine. 

The only thing that will land Zach on the bench is him completely melting down or the team completely melting down.

(The gauge for this is at critical mass as we speak) Well. I'll preface this by saying 'any given Sunday' anything can happen' all that noise. But with 7 games remaining, the Jets are one game behind the #2, 3, 4, and 5 seeds. They are TIED with the #6 and 7 seeds. Of those 7 games they face three teams that are 3-8, 3-7, and 4-6 respectively (Bears, Lions, Jags- oh my!). All of these are home games.

Of those 7 games 2 more teams are division rivals. While these are good teams (Fins and Bills), the Jets will have an opportunity to jump them in the standing/win the division depending on record. These will be HUGE games. It also helps that the Jets have already won the first matchup against both teams- giving them the tiebreaker. The remaining two games are tough road matchups against Minn and Sea. It is what it is. The Jets have been solid on the road. I'm guessing they drop the Minn game and win the Hawks game, but who knows. 

So I'm not sure how that's 'critical mass'. Please explain. There are still plenty of games, the Jets are very much in the hunt and despite having a lot of road games have a schedule that favors them in a lot of ways. Their playoff destiny is very much in their own hands and that's all you can ask for. 

*Sidenote: the one division team the Jets lost BOTH games to- the Pats, have a BRUTAL schedule. Vikings, Bills, Cards, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins, Bills. And next week they face the 8-2 Viking on the road, while we face the 3-8 Bears at home. One WIN against a substantially worse Bears team at home and a Pats loss to a substantially better Vikings team on the road puts us back in the 7th spot. Literally, after Sunday we could be looking at a playoff spot. How is this critical mass? 

20 hours ago, Coquito said:

Since I think the Jets mathematically made it implausible they are going to make the playoffs, even if they win 10 games, then I'm good to go with this. 

Lets see, Bears, Lions, Vikings all have plenty of video to analyze. They know they don't have to beat Zach, they just have to figure out a way to beat our defense. What was it that Green Bay did wrong? 

Seattle should be interesting. So will Jacksonville. 

Then of course the second match up with the Bills and Dolphins. 

Plenty of intrigue in all of those games.

WTF does this even mean. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to pick a fight. Sincerely. Just confused. 

How are we mathematically implausible to make the playoffs? Wait. Let me rephrase that. What does mathematically implausible even mean. I'm not a mathematician but this is pretty simple. Its either mathematically possible or impossible.  

The Jets are 'in the hunt' at 6-4. Of the 7 remaining games they face 3 opponents with records of 3-7, 3-8 and 4-6 (Lions, Bears, Jags). All of these are home games. They play 2 more HUGE division games against the Bills and Fins. Both on the road, but both teams they beat in the first matchup (which gives them an advantage if they do end up pulling out a win). The remining 2 games will be tough road games against Minn and Sea. The Jets have been good on the road. But these will be tough.

Currently, the Jets are just on the outside looking in. However, this week they play the 3-8 Bears at home while the Pats play the 8-2 Vikings on the road. You can never count the Pats out but if the Jets beat the Bears and the Pats lose to the Vikings, the Jets will slide right into the 7th spot. How the f**k can you sit there and say their playoff chances are 'mathematically implausible'?? 

The Jets control their own destiny. Right now they just have to bear the Bears and move on to the next game. 

And everyone has video of everyone to analyze- wtf are you talking about?? Green Bay??? You think teams haven't been looking at the Jets defense trying to figure out how to beat them? You think BB wasn't wracking his brain trying to come with a perfect gameplan for the Jets defense, making in game adjustments - and ended up with 3 points? 

This hysteria about the Jets playoff chances being dashed and it falling completely on the head of Zach is getting to the point of complete absurdity. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, PepPep said:

WTF does this even mean. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to pick a fight. Sincerely. Just confused. 

How are we mathematically implausible to make the playoffs? Wait. Let me rephrase that. What does mathematically implausible even mean. I'm not a mathematician but this is pretty simple. Its either mathematically possible or impossible.  

The Jets are 'in the hunt' at 6-4. Of the 7 remaining games they face 3 opponents with records of 3-7, 3-8 and 4-6 (Lions, Bears, Jags). All of these are home games. They play 2 more HUGE division games against the Bills and Fins. Both on the road, but both teams they beat in the first matchup (which gives them an advantage if they do end up pulling out a win). The remining 2 games will be tough road games against Minn and Sea. The Jets have been good on the road. But these will be tough.

Currently, the Jets are just on the outside looking in. However, this week they play the 3-8 Bears at home while the Pats play the 8-2 Vikings on the road. You can never count the Pats out but if the Jets beat the Bears and the Pats lose to the Vikings, the Jets will slide right into the 7th spot. How the f**k can you sit there and say their playoff chances are 'mathematically implausible'?? 

The Jets control their own destiny. Right now they just have to bear the Bears and move on to the next game. 

And everyone has video of everyone to analyze- wtf are you talking about?? Green Bay??? You think teams haven't been looking at the Jets defense trying to figure out how to beat them? You think BB wasn't wracking his brain trying to come with a perfect gameplan for the Jets defense, making in game adjustments - and ended up with 3 points? 

This hysteria about the Jets playoff chances being dashed and it falling completely on the head of Zach is getting to the point of complete absurdity. 

Did you watch the Kurt Warner video? I doubt it, but rest assured, the next seven opponents watched it.

I don't think the Jets are going to sweep the Bills or the Dolphins. That's why I don't think they make the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong. We'll revisit this after the Bears game.

12 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Did you watch the Kurt Warner video? I doubt it, but rest assured, the next seven opponents watched it.

I don't think the Jets are going to sweep the Bills or the Dolphins. That's why I don't think they make the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong. We'll revisit this after the Bears game.

I did not watch the Warner breakdown but I do love what he does. This does not mean its now unlikely the Jets will make the playoffs lmfao. 

And yes, the Bears game is a big game. Its amplified by the loss in NE. Every game is a 'big' game moving forward, until the Jets clinch a spot. This is a very winnable game, facing a bad (3-8) team at home, with either a banged up starting QB or their backup. The Jets need to take care of business and get a W.     

Again, anything can happen but even if the Jets lose to the Bills and Dolphins, it depends on how the rest of the games shake out. Once the division winners are settled (assuming one of whom will be the Bills/Dolphins- probably not the Pats), there will be 3 spots available. Like I said, the Pats have a brutal schedule the rest of the way. The Jets are very much in the hunt. Its not crazy to think they can get to 10 wins by beating the Bears, Lions, Jags and Hawks...while losing to the Vikings, Fins and Bills. Again, I'm completely prognosticating but this is just an example of how things COULD go to get them in. 

I believe 10 wins gets them in. Maybe even 9. Depends on how things shake out. The Bengals ALSO have a brutal schedule the rest of the way: Titans, Chiefs, Browns, Bucs, Pats, Bills, Ravens

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I did not watch the Warner breakdown but I do love what he does. This does not mean its now unlikely the Jets will make the playoffs lmfao. 

And yes, the Bears game is a big game. Its amplified by the loss in NE. Every game is a 'big' game moving forward, until the Jets clinch a spot. This is a very winnable game, facing a bad (3-8) team at home, with either a banged up starting QB or their backup. The Jets need to take care of business and get a W.     

Again, anything can happen but even if the Jets lose to the Bills and Dolphins, it depends on how the rest of the games shake out. Once the division winners are settled (assuming one of whom will be the Bills/Dolphins- probably not the Pats), there will be 3 spots available. Like I said, the Pats have a brutal schedule the rest of the way. The Jets are very much in the hunt. Its not crazy to think they can get to 10 wins by beating the Bears, Lions, Jags and Hawks...while losing to the Vikings, Fins and Bills. Again, I'm completely prognosticating but this is just an example of how things COULD go to get them in. 

I believe 10 wins gets them in. Maybe even 9. Depends on how things shake out. The Bengals ALSO have a brutal schedule the rest of the way: Titans, Chiefs, Browns, Bucs, Pats, Bills, Ravens

Fair enough. I just don't put the same emphasis on the win loss record of our final 7 opponents. There are always those "spoiler" games, and teams will be trying to knock us out of the playoffs, particularly the Jags. We shall see.

20 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Fair enough. I just don't put the same emphasis on the win loss record of our final 7 opponents. There are always those "spoiler" games, and teams will be trying to knock us out of the playoffs, particularly the Jags. We shall see.

Of course! But how else can you judge. Can't really look at much else. As much as those 'bad' teams will want to play spoilers, the Jets will want to make sure they win these games with their playoff lives on the line. As much as we want to assume the Jets will lose to Buffalo and Miami, we have seen them beat both teams. This year. WITH Zach. This Jets defense will keep them in every game and they just need to play over .500 ball the rest of the way. Again, 4 wins the rest of the way gets them in- JMHO. 

I'm less concerned about the missed throws than I am about the apparent crawling into a shell and just not being a credible threat from the QB position. He may have thought that the lesson from the first Patriots game was “if I don't throw picks, we win." Thus his primary goal last Sunday was to not throw any picks. And so once he almost threw a couple, he totally went into a shell.

I think at this point it is mental, and that's where good coaching comes in…helping him to find & maintain that middle spot between the two extremes of taking too many risks, and taking none at all.

On 11/21/2022 at 10:18 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree with this.  Give ZW the 7 games to show us something.  If he doesn't then he can't just be handed the job next year.  Bring in TB12.

I respect the ability to compartmentalize, I don't have the same issues with Brady that 95% of our fanbase does.

I do hate BB

I do hate the Pats 

I really dislike Mac

My wife is a Pats fan we've managed to coexist NFL wise for our 13+ years together ...this 14 game 7 year streak has given me no room to argue anyway... at least she doesn't like Mac and thinks the Pats are lost identitywise.

Question, if Zach continues to look like he did last week do you think we should give him all 7? I don't personally.

I think he has a 1.5 game leash. At least thats what I would like.