SAFE SPACE for all the Zach believers

JTJet

On 11/21/2022 at 10:02 AM, JTJet said:

I figured the 7 of you that are still out there need a thread dedicated to your delusion. Come on in and talk amongst your echo chamber. 

Talk about the offensive line, coordinator, field turf, wind, receivers, or hard defenses. Pick your poison this week. 

I promise you wont be picked on....

I swear. Really. I do. 

Big win today, team looked great, but some fans still need to be divisive.

Pathetic!

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

On 11/21/2022 at 10:48 AM, SuicidalSince98 said:

I believe that he needs to sit and not come back until he fixes his accuracy issue. Golf analogy: he is a great ball striker that can’t chip or putt. 

Might be sitting forever he had those same issues at BYU but no one on this board or Douglas paid attention  to it.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Zach has played 20 career games, has ridiculous arm talent, above average mobility/elusiveness, and is supposedly a very hard worker. He still has a non-negligible chance to become a good QB, IMO. 

He doesn't have what it takes above the neck. He can have all the arm strength in the world but if you can't process the game quickly enough it's not good enough. His elusiveness comes from panicking at the very hint of pressure, running 20 yards behind the line and then throwing the ball of of bounds. It's almost comical. Mike White stood in the pocket today and delivered the ball quickly and decisively. He threw to 10 different receivers today. ZW hasn't thrown to 10 different receivers in a year and a half. IMO ZW will never be a viable starting QB in this league. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He doesn't have what it takes above the neck. He can have all the arm strength in the world but if you can't process the game quickly enough it's not good enough. His elusiveness comes from panicking at the very hint of pressure, running 20 yards behind the line and then throwing the ball of of bounds. It's almost comical. Mike White stood in the pocket today and delivered the ball quickly and decisively. He threw to 10 different receivers today. ZW hasn't thrown to 10 different receivers in a year and a half. IMO ZW will never be a viable starting QB in this league. 

20 games in at 23 years old and the book is written.  It is impossible for this kid to improve.  Just a great take here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

20 games in at 23 years old and the book is written.  It is impossible for this kid to improve.  Just a great take here.

I never said he couldn't improve but even that's not a given. He's the same lousy QB making the same mistakes that he was last year. He's the worst starting QB in the league for 2 years so the only way to go is up I guess. He still won't be a viable starting QB in this league. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

please tell me a QB not named Josh Allen who was this bad at this stage and turned it around. there isnt any. not in this ERA. and were not keeping Zach for 10 years like Geno to get better.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Zach has played 20 career games, has ridiculous arm talent, above average mobility/elusiveness, and is supposedly a very hard worker. He still has a non-negligible chance to become a good QB, IMO. 

It's actually stunning that this is the case. He's gone full Knoblauch and is so far in his head, but on paper there's no reason why he can't be good. The fact that we're here is wild.

Sadly I think he's too far gone, but the guy has some gifts.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

It's actually stunning that this is the case. He's gone full Knoblauch and is so far in his head, but on paper there's no reason why he can't be good. The fact that we're here is wild.

Sadly I think he's too far gone, but the guy has some gifts.

Gifts? Santa ain’t given him sh*t this year! 

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I liked Zach Wilson better 15 years ago when he was called Kellen Clemens and rated a 2nd round pick because the media wasn’t hacked by the Chris Simms and Dan Orlovskys of the world 

10 hours ago, doitny said:

please tell me a QB not named Josh Allen who was this bad at this stage and turned it around. there isnt any. not in this ERA. and were not keeping Zach for 10 years like Geno to get better.

There is a long list of guys who had bad starts to their careers and ended up being good as well as guys who got off to hot starts and fell apart. It’s strange to me that NFL fans haven’t learned to take a wait and see approach with these things. 

I’m also not sure why you have so much invested in proving to the world that Zach Wilson will never be good. He’s going to get another shot at some point and we are probably a MW injury from seeing him again. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

There is a long list of guys who had bad starts to their careers and ended up being good as well as guys who got off to hot starts and fell apart. It’s strange to me that NFL fans haven’t learned to take a wait and see approach with these things. 

I’m also not sure why you have so much invested in proving to the world that Zach Wilson will never be good. He’s going to get another shot at some point and we are probably a MW injury from seeing him again. 

Nope 

You cant bring zach in hes lost the locker room. The quotes after the game from our core players says it all.

Besides hes the third string QB who wont even be dressed for Sundays.

Is Zach wilsons career over? No but he will never take another snap for the NYJ 

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Nope 

You cant bring zach in hes lost the locker room. The quotes after the game from our core players says it all.

Besides hes the third string QB who wont even be dressed for Sundays.

Is Zach wilsons career over? No but he will never take another snap for the NYJ 

I hate to break it to you, but I don’t think you’ll see him inactive more than a few more weeks. Based on Saleh’s comments, he’s going to be QB2 before the end of the year, and that always makes you one hit away from having to play. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I hate to break it to you, but I don’t think you’ll see him inactive more than a few more weeks. Based on Saleh’s comments, he’s going to be QB2 before the end of the year, and that always makes you one hit away from having to play. 

You will see, in the nfl once a player has lost the locker its game over. Saleh is doing nothing but giving coach speak, you think he would tell the world zach will be buried on the practice squad for the foreseeable future ?

Why would saleh fan the flames? 

Thats why i said listen to sauce and moores comments, the team dont believe in zach Wilson period 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

please name one? last 10 years 22 QBs drafted in rd 1 and Zach Wilson is having the worst 2nd year. by year 2 they all started putting up stats. even Allen put up better numbers.

invested? no. just telling you history shows us the odds of him being a FQB are astronomically against him. 

you know what gets HCs and GMs fired? not drafting a 1st rd QB bust, its staying with him too long and letting him drag your team down cause you think he needs a 3rd and 4th year. 

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You will see, in the nfl once a player has lost the locker its game over. Saleh is doing nothing but giving coach speak, you think he would tell the world zach will be buried on the practice squad for the foreseeable future ?

Why would saleh fan the flames? 

Thats why i said listen to sauce and moores comments, the team dont believe in zach Wilson period 

We can agree to disagree. I think the locker room stuff is largely overblown/misconstrued and I don’t think Saleh would have said what he said if they didn’t plan on reincorporating Wilson into the mix. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We can agree to disagree. I think the locker room stuff is largely overblown/misconstrued and I don’t think Saleh would have said what he said if they didn’t plan on reincorporating Wilson into the mix. 

I think more than anything these guys want to win, and the offensive guys in particular want to score and want stats.  If ZW gets them there, great, if it’s flacco, great, if it’s white, great.  Kinda like where i am now.  When i turn on the f****** game at Sunday 1pm i want to watch a guy who can complete a pass on 3rd and 5.

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

please name one? last 10 years 22 QBs drafted in rd 1 and Zach Wilson is having the worst 2nd year. by year 2 they all started putting up stats. even Allen put up better numbers.

invested? no. just telling you history shows us the odds of him being a FQB are astronomically against him. 

you know what gets HCs and GMs fired? not drafting a 1st rd QB bust, its staying with him too long and letting him drag your team down cause you think he needs a 3rd and 4th year. 

We’ve had this conversation 5 or 6 times already - I’m not doing this again - enjoy your “I need to sh*t on Zach Wilson” compulsion. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think more than anything these guys want to win, and the offensive guys in particular want to score and want stats.  If ZW gets them there, great, if it’s flacco, great, if it’s white, great.  Kinda like where i am now.  When i turn on the f****** game at Sunday 1pm i want to watch a guy who can complete a pass on 3rd and 5.

Of course - no one is going back to Zach Wilson. If Mike white can be durable, this is his team now

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Overblown?

-2 key players on defense "mistakenly" like tweets criticizing zach 

- Garrett wilson comments after last game

- the Moor. Trade stuff 

-All the reports of angry players

-saleh demoting zach to practice squad and not 2 string

- the engery the team plays with white vs Wilson (night and day diffence)

-post game comments from players

Nothing is being overblown zach Wilson has lost the team and done here 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Of course - no one is going back to Zach Wilson. If Mike white can be durable, this is his team now

And maybe this time MW can actually get through to ZW regarding what he needs to do to be successful here.  I still think for ZW there’s a denial that he needs to adjust his playing style to this ‘boring’ system.  

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Overblown?

-2 key players on defense "mistakenly" like tweets criticizing zach 

- Garrett wilson comments after last game

- the Moor. Trade stuff 

-All the reports of angry players

-saleh demoting zach to practice squad and not 2 string

- the engery the team plays with white vs Wilson (night and day diffence)

-post game comments from players

Nothing is being overblown zach Wilson has lost the team and done here 

I actually don’t think it’s personal, i think the team has seen these guys play for over a year now and they all know white is better.  They want to win and the wrs want stats.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We’ve had this conversation 5 or 6 times already - I’m not doing this again - enjoy your “I need to sh*t on Zach Wilson” compulsion. 

if you didnt want to do this again why even answer my post? were you the Troy Aikman guy? whatever.