Axim X50

Jetman_67

Im bored with my x3i. I am thinking about the possibilities with the X50 for connectivity etc.

My cell phone is bluetooth, so with the wifi and blue tooth, I could actually use my cell as a modem when needed. Plus its much faster than the older models.

Anyone here have the X50 Yet.

Bro in my opinion it is not worth it. If Bluetooth is the reason for the upgrade I assume you didn't get the optional intergrated bluetooth with the x3.

How about just getting a bluetooth card? Something like this would do the trick: http://www.pocketpccentral.net/dellwrless.htm

The X5 is not going to be much faster. It has more RAM so if you run a ton of apps at once, that will help. Otherwise the CPU speeds are very similar so there won't be much difference either way.

Hope that helps. (I don't have one. But a few people at work do btw so I have seen it first hand).

Im bored with my x3i. I am thinking about the possibilities with the X50 for connectivity etc.

My cell phone is bluetooth, so with the wifi and blue tooth, I could actually use my cell as a modem when needed. Plus its much faster than the older models.

Anyone here have the X50 Yet.

I have a X3i and i have a program called Pocket Hack that allows my x3I to run at 590mhz. That is faster than the x5. Also, you can get an SDIO card that allows Bluetooth if you want. no big deal. I love my Dell X3i, the wifi connectivity is killer!!!!

LL

I have a X3i and i have a program called Pocket Hack that allows my x3I to run at 590mhz. That is faster than the x5. Also, you can get an SDIO card that allows Bluetooth if you want. no big deal. I love my Dell X3i, the wifi connectivity is killer!!!!

LL

Agreed LL, I just don't see any reason to switch.

Agreed LL, I just don't see any reason to switch.

if the PDA's go to 1 gig speed, then maybe you switch, but for right now, you can do a lot on the x3i. You can condense a whole DVD onto an SD card and watch it on your pda!!! Its amazing..its good for those business trips!

LL

if the PDA's go to 1 gig speed, then maybe you switch, but for right now, you can do a lot on the x3i. You can condense a whole DVD onto an SD card and watch it on your pda!!! Its amazing..its good for those business trips!

LL

That is a good option, but I keep all data on a 1 Gig SD Card. Switching cards is a pain. Although, it is a cheaper option.

I wisch someone would develop an adapter, to have multiple SD cards shared with 1 slot.

That is a good option, but I keep all data on a 1 Gig SD Card. Switching cards is a pain. Although, it is a cheaper option.

I wisch someone would develop an adapter, to have multiple SD cards shared with 1 slot.

Originally, the X3i was supposed to have wifi and bluetooth but dell thought better of it due to size constraints. if you look on the blue light cover that house the wifi transmitter on the x3i you will see the symbol for bluetooth. It was supposed to be included.

LL

maybe someone can develop a bluetooth attachment you can attach at the bottom interface...

what happened to the "u", soothie, i mean , maxie? :lol:

What happened to the U? I found a new word to add to the Censors list.

Please don't try to find out what else is on there. I don't have the time to keep up with you. You win. I am not worthy.

This has been requested though because people read this stuff at work. I think the feel more comfortable with it this way.

FYI...just read a PC World (Decemeber Issue). The X3i was the top rated PDA on the market.

I stick by my original thought. Not time to switch.

The X3i can pretty much handle any task thrown at it. Maybe someone will make a sleeve where you can use multiple SD cards at once. Who knows? Dell has already moved on to the X5 series. I personally love my X3i because its light and does everything.

LL

• 3 weeks later...

Archived