Do you disagree with either of these 2 points?

WhartonJet

Comes down to

A. Develop a young QB that was picked #2 overall in spite of winning in his 2nd year  

B. Put the guy out there that will give you the best chance of winning and making playoffs

I don't care about a SB, I just wanna make the dang playoffs.

Jets should handle the Bears, Lions, Jags and hopefully squeeze out one more win with the rest of the schedule. 10 wins needs to be the water mark heading into next year with a better QB competition. 

• Upvote 1

I actually disagree with both.

1.  No, I don't think they are a super bowl contender this year, but stranger things have happened.  Stranger things have happened this year.  Stranger things have happened this year to the Jets.  I do not believe they should tank the season to continue to see "what they have in Zach."  He looks like sh*t.  Put a fire under his ass.

2.  I don't think they need to bring in a legit starting NFL QB.  If they can do that they would do it.  If they get one, Wilson is gone.  They can bring in guys that might be worthy starters but guys that flat out deserve it are tough to come by.  If you can get one, you do it and hang on like grim death, but I don't see it as being easy.  If you have one Wilson is not likely to be any competition whatsoever.

Video of all of Zach's throws.   I count 1 bad drop, and 8 throws that were airmailed, short, long, or just poor.

Say it's only 7.   7 throws in 22 attempts, 31.8% of his throws were garbage.  WTF.   Easy, he should have had 5 more completions, 50+ more yards, actual first downs gained by the offense.  

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I do believe they should tank the season to continue to see "what they have in Zach."

I agree with the rest of your post, but I’m not sure about this. The Jets have a legit shot at the playoffs, and I think they should take it. Not sure if that’s the best thing from a long-term franchise-building perspective, and maybe I’m just being greedy as a fan who hasn’t seen the postseason in more than a decade, but still.

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Mike White probably isn't the guy of the future, but that's no reason to throw the season away by stubbornly playing Zach Wilson, because the latter empathically isn't.

If the CS and FO need to see more of Zach Wilson airmailing screen passes, and completely missing wide open receivers, then they have no business evaluating QBs. Hell, even if they think he can be salvaged, I don't see how you can't at least sit him and let him reset. Dude is f*cking drowning out there. Throw him a mercy life-raft benching ffs.

This whole "the only thing that matters is evaluating Zach Wilson" thing went out the window as soon as the rest of the team showed they are a playoff contender. Who cares if we don't have a Super Bowl caliber QB on the team right now? It's not about him. It's about the rest of the team, and they deserve the best chance to compete in the playoffs, and that is not Zach Wilson.

If this was an aging team filled with vets that was a stone's throw away from a rebuild, I'd understand the futility of playing for playoffs without a proper QB, but this team is filled with young talent on both sides of the ball that are going to be the core of this team. Any playoff experience will be good for them, whether we have the QB of the future on the team right now or not.

I gotta agree Spoot, can't let all the other guys down for one guy.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I agree with the rest of your post, but I’m not sure about this. The Jets have a legit shot at the playoffs, and I think they should take it. Not sure if that’s the best thing from a long-term franchise-building perspective, and maybe I’m just being greedy as a fan who hasn’t seen the postseason in more than a decade, but still.

Don't be not sure.  Apparently I forgot to type the NOT!  I do not even slightly agree with the point you quoted!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

EAR with any QB currently on the roster.  So, benching Zach Wilson for Mike White or Flacco won't have a big impact on how we fare this year.  I was all for putting Mike White in the game in the 2nd half yesterday just to spark the team, but I don't believe

I would be happy with these numbers at QB, they would have been good enough to win both Pats games. Draft a 4th rounder to be QB 3 and keep White as QB 2 on the cheap. Trade Zach to whomever will give you a 4th or 5th round draft pick for him.

Zach gets 7 more games to show he could possibly be the guy, I just feel he may show glimpses in the last 7 and we will be discussing the same thing next year.

Sign Jimmy G to 3 years 22 per, they will be in the playoffs all 3 years.

image.png.625f8456a56505735ac8b583f3c61ac3.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

But that’s not the jet way. They have never wanted a capable backup so the young qb’s feelings wouldn’t feel the pressure, or have media and fans calling for replacement when young qb does back. Just look at all the backups jets have had since, at least sanchez..

Jets are not alone in this the whole NFL is like that other than a few smart teams, jets are worst than most though that is for sure.