Garrett Wilson Fake News Debunked

Dunnie

I just watched the full interview ... he was calling out the coaching staff for exactly what I said. ... "Neutering the Offense". He said the coaches have to have more faith in the receivers being able to contribute and perform.

He did not once call out the QB play.  He said the passing game .. and noted the lack of preparation by the coaching staff ... not having a plan for practice.

This stinks of Defensive chicken sh*t mandates on the offense note to lose the game.

That is all. suck it.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Truth...  I'd bet if he didnt underthrow 2 receivers earlier in the game they would have allowed him to throw the ball more down the field.   Oh, and the fact that he had receivers wide open for short passes and threw it 10 feet over their heads...  NO MORE EXCUSES For Z-Milf.  

I'm down with that.. just don't post any sh*te about GW turning on ZW .. that sh*te is fake news.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

It's like when Q freaked out on the DC and told him to put the game on the D line and stop sending blitzers. Garrett Wilson is just saying to open up the passing game and stop playing like you are afraid the O will lose the game if you put too much on them. I think he's right. Let's open things up and see what we've got. I'd rather lose a 3 Int game where my QB passes for 355 yards than a game like yesterday.  

B I N G O

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

looks like we had plenty of open WR's yesterday on pass plays but #2 didn't see them or launched it into the dirt/5 yards over their head. I don't understand how this had anything to do with play calling. The QB has to play QB.

IMO, he is reluctant to throw because they have drilled into him that he cannot make mistakes. Tell him it is OK to make mistakes and start slinging it. He may still suck, but at least we'll know for sure. A decision has to be made on him this season because 26 year old Gardner Minshew is a free agent.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I just watched the full interview ... he was calling out the coaching staff for exactly what I said. ... "Neutering the Offense". He said the coaches have to have more faith in the receivers being able to contribute and perform.

He did not once call out the QB play.  He said the passing game .. and noted the lack of preparation by the coaching staff ... not having a plan for practice.

This stinks of Defensive chicken sh*t mandates on the offense note to lose the game.

That is all. suck it.

It's obvious. The Jets literally had NO gameplan other than to hope that someone broke a long run. 

• Upvote 3

IMO, he is reluctant to throw because they have drilled into him that he cannot make mistakes. Tell him it is OK to make mistakes and start slinging it. He may still suck, but at least we'll know for sure. A decision has to be made on him this season because 26 year old Gardner Minshew is a free agent.

Most of us already know for sure.

• Upvote 1

This is 100% true. I think Saleh has done well with the defense, but a super conservative defensive minded head coach is not the guy to develop Zach.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Maybe take it as face value, but Keyshawn, a WR, said he "speaks receiver" and those comments were calling out the QB.

Keyshawn has had an issue with Zach Wilson from day 1.  I don’t know what it is, he’s been semi-called out on it on his own show a few times but he just talked around it.  Yes I used to listen to that show, tried to give it a chance….but it’s just awful.

36 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

That is all. suck it.

He never once said "coaching staff" and ex nfl WR Keyshawn Johnson said his comments were directed at the QB. I'll take his interpretation of it over Dunnie

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

That is all. suck it.

And why did the CS limit the passing game ???  could it be because they know they have a QB that cant hit his plate with his fork ??? 

The CS is not the problem.  Wilson is awful despite the work they put in with him.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

looks like we had plenty of open WR's yesterday on pass plays but #2 didn't see them or launched it into the dirt/5 yards over their head. I don't understand how this had anything to do with play calling. The QB has to play QB.

Exactly. Zach missed wide open receivers especially Mims 8 yards behind the defense and Moore on the third and 1 where the drag route was wide open and Zach throws 20 yards to the sideline behind the line of scrimmage where 2 defenders were waiting for Carter.......Add to that the fact that air mailed at least 3 throws, 2 on WR screens had another almost picked and his usual compliment of dirt balls just how the hell are you supposed to open up the playbook when he cannot even complete simple throws and can't see the field for sh*t.......

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

This is 100% true. I think Saleh has done well with the defense, but a super conservative defensive minded head coach is not the guy to develop Zach.

I think the record shows the Jets drafted QB's that just couldn't cut it in the NFL as opposed to the Jets lack of ability to develop a QB. None of these draft picks went on to greener pastures, with maybe the near negligible example of Geno Smith.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Keyshawn has had an issue with Zach Wilson from day 1.  I don’t know what it is, he’s been semi-called out on it on his own show a few times but he just talked around it.  Yes I used to listen to that show, tried to give it a chance….but it’s just awful.

Likely because the Jets gave up on his USC alumni member in Darnold for him.

• More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

Exactly. Zach missed wide open receivers especially Mims 8 yards behind the defense and Moore on the third and 1 where the drag route was wide open and Zach throws 20 yards to the sideline behind the line of scrimmage where 2 defenders were waiting for Carter.......Add to that the fact that air mailed at least 3 throws, 2 on WR screens had another almost picked and his usual compliment of dirt balls just how the hell are you supposed to open up the playbook when he cannot even complete simple throws and can't see the field for sh*t.......

The guys making excuses for him are ridiculous. For some reason Josh Johnson, Mike White and Joe Flacco weren't asked to be conservative. I wonder why....hmmmm

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Calling out the QB is essentially what got Elijah Moore benched.  These guys are smart enough to know how to skate the question so that they're not directly blaming/criticizing the QB.

The "passing game" is the problem but Wilson isn't?  Come on.  

I can't wait for Garrett Wilson to demand a trade then the Jets can make history as the only team in nfl history to have 3 wide outs demanding a trade all at once 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

That is all. suck it.

I just saw the interview too.  If you don’t believe he was taking indirect swipes at Zach I really don’t know what to say. Maybe your Chris simms

• Upvote 1