Justin Fields day to day til he’s out for the season.

johnnyjet

If fans are obsessed with making the playoffs this year - even with Wilson as QB - then you want to be able to stack wins to qualify; facing backup QBs materially helps that possibility. 

This team won’t go anywhere without better QB play. IF, IF! The Jets qualify for the postseason, you’ll have a repeat of a Nationally televised routing of the Jets in the wildcard round like you did in 2006 when Mangini got WAXED by NE. 

1 minute ago, usanyj said:

That’s some range

500653F4-9672-4F6C-9058-BE23CB5FEE0D.png

Depends on the amount of painkillers and Fields’ pain threshold. 

If the Bears’ CS trots him out, I’d read that as they don’t see him as “their guy” and willing to sacrifice him and tank to draft their own QB in ‘23

I think JD was correct in avoiding the running QB.  Yes, Josh Allen is a tank, but guys like Trey Lance, Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson last year and others all get hurt too much when they run much.  RBs get hurt too much because they run too much.  

The chance we took on Zach Wilson is looking like a mixed bag.   Let's see how he plays the rest of the season.  I am expecting a similar range of good (not very good), ok and horrible games for the next seven outings.  

1 hour ago, pointman said:

F that. Give me Fields and if Zach is playing, make him play a big boy QB game. Open the playbook for him and our talented wide receivers. I want Zach to grow or fall completely on his face while playing a full playbook, and I want G Wilson the chance to go up and get the ball and show how talented he is. Let it all hang out, for better or worse. Give me Fields vs Zach heads up. I need this.

Wilson is done here, he makes Darnold look like Payton Manning.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I keep saying the same thing. The coaches are limiting Zach so much so they are taking away his best qualities. Open up the offense and stop handcuffing him. He's shown he can make plays down the field - let him do it and learn where and how to rip it. Screw this conservative bs. You can't win a Super Bowl with just one side of the ball. Let him wing it.

He can't read an NFL defense, he's garbage. 

1 hour ago, pointman said:

He might be garbage like everyone is saying now, but he also might be having a lot of doubt being treated like he is made of glass and too stupid to be allowed to throw the ball. Lets find out. You can't find out until you let the young man play, really play.

They let him play and he threw 3 ints against the Patriots

2 hours ago, varjet said:

I think JD was correct in avoiding the running QB.  Yes, Josh Allen is a tank, but guys like Trey Lance, Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson last year and others all get hurt too much when they run much.  RBs get hurt too much because they run too much.  

The chance we took on Zach Wilson is looking like a mixed bag.   Let's see how he plays the rest of the season.  I am expecting a similar range of good (not very good), ok and horrible games for the next seven outings.  

Zach and Sam missed more games than Jackson, Allen and Fields, so no.

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I love Fields, and I was on record saying I wanted to draft him over Wilson, but this is the risk of QB's who run the ball as a weapon, they are always one hit or injury away from being done for the season, they put their body in harms way, way too often

Explain why Zach missed as much time as he has the last two seasons?

21 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

what the Fk does Zach have to do with what I posted????

You made a statement about running QBs like Fields being more prone to injury than conventional ones.
Zach isn’t a running QB, and was drafted the same year as Fields.
You root for the team Zach plays for, so I figured you could explain why a pocket passer can miss as much if not more time as a running QB?

TLDR I was trying to be nice. I thought your original post was dumb.

4 hours ago, pointman said:

F that. Give me Fields and if Zach is playing, make him play a big boy QB game. Open the playbook for him and our talented wide receivers. I want Zach to grow or fall completely on his face while playing a full playbook, and I want G Wilson the chance to go up and get the ball and show how talented he is. Let it all hang out, for better or worse. Give me Fields vs Zach heads up. I need this.

I personally wants the Jets to win. No one in Chicago is upset that we are playing without Breece and AVT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

Anyone remember the Clemson hit he took? He will play.  

Pretty sure he played through that to win a National Championship and not a meaningless game against the Jets. The kid is definitely tough so he will want to play but I bet the Bears play it safe. Especially since he initiates so much contact running the ball. 

• Upvote 1