Holy fork ZW

PorP

21 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Regarding point 1 I think the reasoning to promote white was to analyze if they want him to be the long term backup. Give him practice reps and have the coaches get a better look at him. 

Based on Flacco starting earlier in the season they may believe he is the better starter right now. 

it’s hard to tell what they will do 

I just can’t see them going back to Flacco

You don’t demote a 38 year old veteran, seven months away from collecting his NFL pension, and make a 27 year old the primary backup just to reverse course a few weeks later.

Especially after during the announcement Saleh praised Flacco but let it be known that White was still a young QB that they needed to get a read on if the situation ever happened to arise.

Which it clearly has…

I’ve firmly joined the camp of our franchise QB not currently being on the roster.

Zach ain’t it.

Flacco ain’t it.

White ain’t it.

And Streveler sure as sh*t ain’t it.

But I would honestly still rather see White over Wilson right now.

Then go get a legitimate veteran in the offseason. To hell with holding out some false, misguided hope that this organization is going to suddenly develop a Mahomes or Allen out of the blue.

I spit in the mouth of anyone who tells me that a dominant defense and running game coupled with a solid, efficient QB with young weapons out wide isn’t a recipe for sustained success.

Someone like Garoppolo or Carr behind center would instantly make this team a consistent playoff, if not, Super Bowl contender for the time being.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

He'll start on Sunday but if he can't get it going expect them to put White in at some point.

That's not really fair to White. Give him reps, give him a gameplan. Give him the full game. Or don't. Nothing half-ass.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I spit in the mouth of anyone who tells me that a dominant defense and running game coupled with a solid, efficient QB with young weapons out wide isn’t a recipe for sustained success.

The NFL has been changing (for the better, imo).  Defense and physical play is making a comeback.  It's starting to seem like you can win with defense and a running game again.  It's no surprise since that's the direction BB has taken with the Patriots.  But a couple of years ago, I'd have thought it would've been a crazy statement to say that. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Oooh, that's hot.

I agree, though. Plenty of examples in the past 5 years of teams who have this blueprint.  

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Some interesting theories on here as to who made this call.  T0m mentioned W0ody.  Could be him and/or Chris.  But it could also be JD or even MLF.  And some other people have mentioned the captains of the defense might have went up to Saleh.  Or maybe they asked Ulbrich to speak on their behalf.  Honestly, I hope it wasn't his teammates because that would have to be brutal for Zach's confidence.  But we'll see how he responds from here.  My guess is he'll be professional about it and work hard and keep quiet.  My hunch is that the comments about him being "entitled" or whatever are just people disliking him.  I think he's a good kid at heart (though not a good QB so far).

If any of these things actually happened, it is over for Wilson. with the Jets. 

2 hours ago, PorP said:

Saleh is not commited to starting ZW...

Won't commit to white either. 

He's sitting against the Bears

Perfect game to bring in a backup and get Zachs head on straight. I honestly think the kid might be ruined but to trot him back out there after this abysmal  performance will send the wrong message and probably start Mike White chants as soon as he makes a mistake. 

I expect by the end of the week Zach will still be the starter. Not making the case that he should be or deserves it, I just don't see Saleh making that decision.

My hope is that GW yelling at Saleh was the same kind of wake up call about the offense that the defensive players openly yelling at the defensive coaches had. That certainly seemed to help the defense afterwards.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The NFL has been changing (for the better, imo).  Defense and physical play is making a comeback.  It's starting to seem like you can win with defense and a running game again.  It's no surprise since that's the direction BB has taken with the Patriots.  But a couple of years ago, I'd have thought it would've been a crazy statement to say that. 

Yeah, it has nothing to do with losing Tom Brady. Bill Belichick is such a genius.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Release the Streveler!!!!

welcome to the jungle plays every time he trots on to the field

make

it

happen

I want Strev to start. IMHO, with the OL in such rough shape, a legit dual threat QB might do better than White or Flacco - who both can throw but can't move - and better than Zach, who does both too inconsistently to merit more starts at this point in his career.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

He's sitting against the Bears

Perfect game to bring in a backup and get Zachs head on straight. I honestly think the kid might be ruined but to trot him back out there after this abysmal  performance will send the wrong message and probably start Mike White chants as soon as he makes a mistake. 

Which will be at 14:57 Q1

• Haha 1