Jump to content

If you think Saleh isn't the HC of our future


PorP
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The Jets May have hit on A LOT between GM/coach/players over the last 2 years. Franchise changing. There’s one key decision left and it will be very telling about JD/Saleh. Let’s see what happens this week. 

Ya,  agreed on all you said. 

Maybe just add 2 key decisions.  I'm not sold on MiLF yet.  I need to see what the O looks like with another QB before I come to a final opinion of him. 

And it shocked the poop out of me Saleh's response when asked about the OC.... I thought we'd hear the ZW news... MiLF response was surprising. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Meh I am not convinced. He is responsible for the offense too. And the defense is helped by a CB that could actually be a HOF electee some day

That's quite a take. 

I don't rate the coach, because the players on the championship defence are *too* good. 

Its different, I'll give you that

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PorP said:

Ya,  agreed on all you said. 

Maybe just add 2 key decisions.  I'm not sold on MiLF yet.  I need to see what the O looks like with another QB before I come to a final opinion of him. 

And it shocked the poop out of me Saleh's response when asked about the OC.... I thought we'd hear the ZW news... MiLF response was surprising. 

100%. We’ve seen too many QBs play well in Mike’s system where we shouldn’t jump to conclusions just yet but should be concerned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to hear.....he was as honest as one can be in a room full of media personnel and he had some well articulated answers...

I thought he and JD was willing to sink with Zach, but sounds like he's willing to make the change if it's obvious we need to.....

I think Zach starts with a very short leash against Chicago. That's the best case scenario given where we are...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great teams have the right HC and the right QB.  Bad teams have neither.  Seems like we're stuck in the middle, and honestly, I'd rather have the right longterm HC correct than the QB at this point believe it or not.

Let's see if this...

- lights a fire under Zach

- gives Mike White yet another opportunity to prove himself

- motivates the team

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Mike White, Josh Johnson and Flacco have all done well/well enough despite not being good QBs. That many different QBs in 1-2 years leads me to believe that the system is good enough. Wilson is terrible though. 

MiLF is 2 and 6 (?) with QB's not named ZW.... and one of those 2 was pure luck that hasn't happened in the last 2 decades.... maybe both being MW got in the HOF for the other. 

If you're including the strev pre season against the 3's then that's just honestly not valid data points

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PorP said:

MiLF is 2 and 6 (?) with QB's not named ZW.... and one of those 2 was pure luck that hasn't happened in the last 2 decades.... maybe both being MW got in the HOF for the other. 

If you're including the strev pre season against the 3's then that's just honestly not valid data points

 

Don’t forget how horrible the defense was last year. They were able to move the ball at least regardless of QB not named Zach Wilson.  That’s all that I’m saying in regards to maybe the system is decent and it’s the QB now. We will see. I’m not saying the offense is good at all right now but I believe it’s at like 95% due to Wilson. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Don’t forget how horrible the defense was last year. They were able to move the ball at least regardless of QB not named Zach Wilson.  That’s all that I’m saying in regards to maybe the system is decent and it’s the QB now. We will see. I’m not saying the offense is good at all right now but I believe it’s at like 95% due to Wilson. 

 

TBH I'm pretty done with excuses and caveats all the way around.... with the quality of players we got on the field we're beyond my pre season expectations and ready to go. 

All I'm saying is I'm not sold on Mike yet and I need to see more. 

Also not saying I'm against Mike,  I haven't given up on him... just need to see more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Despite the atrocious performance by the offense, I was so impressed with the defense and the level of fight the team had yesterday.  Right now, I feel okay about Saleh.   The team fought very hard to win and went toe-to-toe with the Pats on the road.  We lost but we truly fought them.  I can accept that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PorP said:

 

TBH I'm pretty done with excuses and caveats all the way around.... with the quality of players we got on the field we're beyond my pre season expectations and ready to go. 

All I'm saying is I'm not sold on Mike yet and I need to see more. 

Also not saying I'm against Mike,  I haven't given up on him... just need to see more. 

I’m not sold either but saw things that gave me hope that we may finally have a competent OC. It all went out the window this year though and Wilson seems to be why. There have been games where Flacco threw a ton and I question the game-plan but Mike is concerning me for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m not sold either but saw things that gave me hope that we may finally have a competent OC. It all went out the window this year though and Wilson seems to be why. There have been games where Flacco threw a ton and I question the game-plan but Mike is concerning me for sure. 

So if we're both not sold.... can we agree we want to see MiLF work with a mediocre QB, a stellar D and pretty dang good ST!

I just wanna see that.... with no more excuses or caveats...

And MC, EM and GW are still "hims", MiLF has no more excuses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PorP said:

So if we're both not sold.... can we agree we want to see MiLF work with a mediocre QB, a stellar D and pretty dang good ST!

I just wanna see that.... with no more excuses or caveats...

And MC, EM and GW are still "hims", MiLF has no more excuses. 

I agree and he has no other excuse. His excuse is Zach and Zach alone. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...