If you think Saleh isn't the HC of our future

PorP

Meh I am not convinced. He is responsible for the offense too. And the defense is helped by a CB that could actually be a HOF electee some day
Change your name to Johnny Appleseed and let us know when you wake-up.

You seriously have an ABZ (anyone but Zack) mentality.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Running QBs have done very well vs. the Pats D.  Why not give Streveler a WTF series or two? Could not have been any worse...

the only way that works is if Streveler started. if you give him a play or 2 everybody knows he is running it.

its like when we put Tebow in for a play or 2 or that QB we had who ran the wishbone once or twice a game. everybody knows what the play is because thats what these guys do.

1 minute ago, doitny said:

the only way that works is if Streveler started. if you give him a play or 2 everybody knows he is running it.

its like when we put Tebow in for a play or 2 or that QB we had who ran the wishbone once or twice a game. everybody knows what the play is because thats what these guys do.

Maybe, but what I saw in the preseason (granted against future Walmart guys) was that Streveler could make the basic throws that seemed to be there for Zach on Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s funny we’re praising the gm as we’re praising the hc for possibly benching the qb the gm took with the 2nd pick in the draft. 

It's bc we've seen this show before. The franchise stuck with Sanchez and Darnold way too long all bc of where they were drafted. Recognizing the issue and admitting you made a mistake is a way better alternative then avoiding the issue and sacrificing years of your football team. 

25 minutes ago, Coquito said:

There's nothing he has said or done that I can see anybody having an issue with it. If they do, then it's probably them that is the problem. We'll see soon enough. 

He is an interesting interview. It would be so nice to see someone like him succeed 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Saleh is a good coach.

The jury is still out. 2 weeks to prepare for NE and they STILL couldn’t run the ball for beans.  What about them half time adjustments or lack there of? Belichick once again took him to school.Just saying, there’s enough blame to go around for everyone including Saleh. 
But, I’m glad that he’s re assessing things, shows growth.

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

The jury is still out. 2 weeks to prepare for NE and they STILL couldn’t run the ball for beans.  What about them half time adjustments or lack there of? Belichick once again took him to school.Just saying, there’s enough blame to go around for everyone including Saleh. 

Feeny at guard will do that to you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Great press conference. I still think the problem with hiring a guy like Saleh i(who is clearly a good head coach) s that he isn't going to be great at developing a young QB.

You see with the giants the difference in Daniel Jones with Daboll around. Jones didn't miraculously get better.  Daboll made it work. Lafleur is no Daboll.

I think this team should not draft another QB next year, instead they should go all in on the best available vet. Whether that's a trade or free agency.  Eliminate that one hole in this regimes resume. 

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Wilson hits 5 or 6 of those wide open throws, don't you think it gets the LBs off the line of scrimmage a bit?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

His defense gave up 3 points. He runs a cover 2 and Mac completed 98% of his passes. Seems like they had a great game plan if you ask me.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Saleh and Ulbrich have my vote of confidence. LaFleur has me questioning whether or not he is a good OC. Based on the success of Mike White, Josh Johnson, and Joe Flacco at one point or another, I am trending toward LaFleur being hamstrung by an awful second year QB. 

Yeah the data is there on LaFleur it just seems to disappear when Zach plays. They haven't been on the same page a lot, I am putting that more on the young QB. Either way I hope they get it fixed.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

His defense gave up 3 points. He runs a cover 2 and Mac completed 98% of his passes. Seems like they had a great game plan if you ask me.

But you’re praising his defence only, and well deserved . What about his offence? I thought he’s the head coach, not the defensive coordinator?
Good coaching makes adjustments and with two weeks to prepare for NE, I just didn’t see any. If we’re a running team, then we should be able to do better than what 33 yards…No?

I’m just saying there’s enough blame to go around for EVERYONE. Head coach, O coordinator and QB.

34 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

But you’re praising his defence only, and well deserved . What about his offence? I thought he’s the head coach, not the defensive coordinator?
Good coaching makes adjustments and with two weeks to prepare for NE, I just didn’t see any. If we’re a running team, then we should be able to do better than what 33 yards…No?

I’m just saying there’s enough blame to go around for EVERYONE. Head coach, O coordinator and QB.

Did you watch the game? 

You're going against one of the best run D's in the league and your QB is so little of a threat that the only accurate pass he had on the day got McCourty in the numbers. Your QB did 0 to open the run game. 

Not sure what plan you were looking for or adjustments when the QB couldn't get the ball within 6 feet of his receivers. 

45 minutes ago, PorP said:

Did you watch the game? 

You're going against one of the best run D's in the league and your QB is so little of a threat that the only accurate pass he had on the day got McCourty in the numbers. Your QB did 0 to open the run game. 

Not sure what plan you were looking for or adjustments when the QB couldn't get the ball within 6 feet of his receivers. 

they had 2 weeks...if you're a supposed running team. figure it out.

This is still a young and inexperience coaching staff. The jury is still out. they had 2 weeks to prepare for NE and they STILL couldn’t run the ball for beans. What about them half time adjustments or lack there of? Belichick once again took him to school. Just saying, there’s enough blame to go around for everyone including Saleh. But, I’m glad that he’s re assessing things, shows growth.

For the record, i don't care who is our QB. The devil himself could be the starter. I have no dog in this fight. Someone posted the following and i agree wholeheartedly and ask you all to relax, there's lot of season left. "The kid has a long long way to go. But Jets fans wonder why they can’t find a franchise QB…it’s because after a couple years they lose their minds and turn on the QB. It takes time. And let’s face it BB knows how to deal with young QBs"

33 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

they had 2 weeks...if you're a supposed running team. figure it out.

This is still a young and inexperience coaching staff. The jury is still out. they had 2 weeks to prepare for NE and they STILL couldn’t run the ball for beans. What about them half time adjustments or lack there of? Belichick once again took him to school. Just saying, there’s enough blame to go around for everyone including Saleh. But, I’m glad that he’s re assessing things, shows growth.

For the record, i don't care who is our QB. The devil himself could be the starter. I have no dog in this fight. Someone posted the following and i agree wholeheartedly and ask you all to relax, there's lot of season left. "The kid has a long long way to go. But Jets fans wonder why they can’t find a franchise QB…it’s because after a couple years they lose their minds and turn on the QB. It takes time. And let’s face it BB knows how to deal with young QBs"

I am suggesting the play was so putrid Sunday that is really impossible to pin point where it went wrong.  You keep saying 2 weeks but that's not true,  per the CBA the players had the same prep time of any other week. Good plan,  bad plan... we can't really tell cause the QB was so bad. 

The biggest ding in the staff in that game was not benching Zach after the first half. 

And I'm over the QB crap.  I don't really care who said what... every QB over the last 60 years has flashed reasons they will be good starters someday... it's not all perfect but you see stuff here and there that tells you they're special...

ZW's only claim to fame is a pro day throw. 

Great press conference. I still think the problem with hiring a guy like Saleh i(who is clearly a good head coach) s that he isn't going to be great at developing a young QB.
You see with the giants the difference in Daniel Jones with Daboll around. Jones didn't miraculously get better.  Daboll made it work. Lafleur is no Daboll.
I think this team should not draft another QB next year, instead they should go all in on the best available vet. Whether that's a trade or free agency.  Eliminate that one hole in this regimes resume. 
Then he has to bring in a guy who can develop a qb... he's the ceo and it's his responsibility... saw someone comment that the issue with Zach can't be fixed in the next 8 weeks and I agree... if they want to develop him, they need to bring in a coach to work with him this off season

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

They lost the game, plenty of blame to go around. But Saleh has led this turn around, his scheme on defense is dominating. He stuck with Ulbrich when nobody would have questioned firing him last year. Saleh has a vision for all of this and it is coming together.

So he is a good coach, who is the head coach of the future for the NY Jets.

• Upvote 1