Chris Simms Merged Threads

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

and now poor Chris can't deal with the FACT that he was completely wrong.  (again)
But why do so when you can attack Jets fans instead, amirite?  

There was talk in early 2021 of Simms possibly getting a GM job or team president job at some point.  Would have been millions of dollars.

And then Zach happened ?

47 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Because we drafted Wilson over Kyle Pitts, Jamar Chase, Micah parsons, Mac Jones

I wouldn’t be shocked if Woody was a big “Simms knows everything about the qb position” guy in early 2021

And in this scenario, who is the QB? Darnold?  Really?  The guy who couldn't beat out a washed up Baker and some guy named PJ in Carolina and is only playing because those other two are injured?  

17 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

And in this scenario, who is the QB? Darnold?  Really?  The guy who couldn't beat out a washed up Baker and some guy named PJ in Carolina and is only playing because those other two are injured?  

Would have been Darnold or Mike White.  Both won football games on Sunday I recall

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Would have been Darnold or Mike White.  Both won football games on Sunday I recall

Please. Darnold has been horrible since the Jets let him go.  And there is no way in the world the Jets pass on a QB in May 2021 with the idea that Mike White would be the starter.  Your post is the epitome of 20/20 hindsight.  

9 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Here's the thing I really believe. If Mike White isn't the guy we're screwed down the road if we don't develop Zach. This team is built to grow with a young QB that can make all the throws and battle Mahomes. Scouring the veteran QB heap to pair with an elite defense is not a recipe for sustained success. It's tough to succeed in NY as a 22/23 year old. It's in the teams best interest to have Zach develop and be great. If Mike White can be a really good QB then that works too. But if we have to go elsewhere we'll be in trouble. We'll be like the Colts with a good team grabbing one retread QB after another. 

There is absolutely no reason as of yet to automatically write off Zach Wilson. None.

His struggles happen with EVERY QB, the great ones went through it. There are stats that show Wilson right on par with Josh allen after the same number of games played.

Why are fans so quick to judge and have no patience for players to develop and mature?

Same thing for White, he could very well be the next Tony Romo, he has impressed that much. His game on Sunday was phenomenal, and if that were Zach Wilson, he would be appropriately glorified. But Mike White isn't given the same accolades because he was the 5th round pick.

For now, I'm going to enjoy Mike White, and hope like hell he is "the one."

But that doesn't mean I'm giving up on Zach Wilson...

IMO, the Jets have a great problem at the QB position.

11 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Please. Darnold has been horrible since the Jets let him go.  And there is no way in the world the Jets pass on a QB in May 2021 with the idea that Mike White would be the starter.  Your post is the epitome of 20/20 hindsight.  

2 years ago Not everyone chugged Chris Simms kool aid about Wilson lighting up Des Moines Community College

• Upvote 2