49ers Game….

Shelbyblue

1 hour ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Imagine what we could have been if JD didn't blow nearly the entire 2020 draft with Becton etc. Doing well this year doesn't get him even on balance when you factor in the ZW 2021 mistake as well.. 

all GMs have rough drafts now and then.  Not all GMs have a draft like Douglas just had in 2022….Best CB, Best RB, Best WR (Wilson if he had someone getting him the ball more), even a monster #4 pick he hit in Michael Clemons.

Becton was pancaking Bosa in his rookie year.  He had the highest ceiling of any OL and hadn’t been hurt in college.  Now you see the NFL probably isn’t for him, happens.

Mims may turn productive at some point.

The Steal of that “bad” draft is Bryce Huff, not a total whitewash 2020.

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Because the 49'ers and a lot of other teams are seeing that what you have can be better than what you wish for.

They get rid of Jimmy G an then have lance who at this point is no more than zac wilson.

They are in win now mode and if both the QB and the team does well thy will find a way to mend fences.

Jimmy G will throw a terrible int that costs them in the playoffs and the bloom will be back off the Jimmy G rose. 

13 hours ago, Hex said:

Kyle Shanahan is something like 36-17 with Jimmy G and 8-30 or something like that without him. It's crazy the difference. I can't see the 49ers letting him go after this season though.

They can't Tag JG..... they either give him BIG $ extension or let Trey have his shot at starting.

I can see Giants, NO, Carolina, Jets, Atlanta, Colts, NE & Tampa making offers for his services. I can see him getting $40 - $45m a year. What other QB's will be available with better numbers?

16 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Jimmy G should be option #1 for us IMO.

- 49ers need to sign Bosa and I'd be a little surprised if they didn't want to see what they have in Trey Lance finally

- knows our staff

- knows our offense

- won't cost draft picks

- may want to stick it to the Patriots for trading him

- 2:1 TD:INT ratio

- still allows Zach to sit, would draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th to sit and learn. Anthony Richardson if he comes out would be a fun project QB.

you remember how long it took Alex Smith to come back from that similar injury. Granted he had extra infection procedures, but there's no guarantee Trey is back next year. 9ers would be stupid to not bring Jimmy back

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

you remember how long it took Alex Smith to come back from that similar injury. Granted he had extra infection procedures, but there's no guarantee Trey is back next year. 9ers would be stupid to not bring Jimmy back

49ers should never have gone with Lance in the first place.  They would definitely be a lot better with more of those high draft picks and with JG having a full offseason, but well thats how it goes when you make a decision (see Kaepernick vs Smith for a similar snafu).

44 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

They can't Tag JG..... they either give him BIG $ extension or let Trey have his shot at starting.

I can see Giants, NO, Carolina, Jets, Atlanta, Colts, NE & Tampa making offers for his services. I can see him getting $40 - $45m a year. What other QB's will be available with better numbers?

Minshew

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Have no idea if he wants to keep playing, but the big name that should be available for 2023 is Rodgers.  Clearly there is the LaFleur connection, and it's a similar dynamic to when Favre was shipped here (Jordan Love today is what Rodgers was in 2007).  No clue if his contract is even manageable.

2 hours ago, Stark said:

Agreed, he has a clause in his contract that prevents him from getting tagged. If the 49ers want him then they will be competing with other teams unless Jimmy G doesn't want the gold mine in hitting FA