Booger McFarland: Zach “grew up with a lot of money, never had to accept accountability”

Rhg1084

8 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Arrogant for thinking he’s better than he actually is.  Maybe he’s delusional actually.  

Prick for not taking accountability and actually saying yesterday he wants his receivers to do stuff differently or whatever he said.   I’m not sure the exact quote. 

I don’t think he’s dumb.  

I think dumb as in he has his head up his ass. This dude doesn't film study etc any more than he has to. Like I said, he's just along for this ride. 

• Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, Darnold615 said:

This seems a bit ridiculous.. yeah he had a bad game, bad season and maybe has said a few wrong things… but he’s also just 22. This kind of take is asinine. 

Eh. I think the fact that we’re talking about it at all tells you that this heavy handed low brow take was born in some element of truth. If you’re a leader, you should be able to navigate that one with far more grace than ZW did. That wasn’t just a “whoops” moment… that was a window into a cascade of concerns brewing that go back to his draft smoke show

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I think dumb as in he has his head up his ass. This dude doesn't film study etc any more than he has to. Like I said, he's just along for this ride. 

I’m hoping if Wilson is coasting and not putting in the work then the Jets move on. We haven’t been given any indication that this is the case rally though. The injury timeline earlier this season was head scratching though. I think most who didn’t like the questions some were asking may think otherwise now.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

My guess is that he studies a ton of film, the problem is that it’s not translating on the field and from what I can tell the game is just too fast for him mentally. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh were gonna play pretend now. 

Oh gee I don't know. You're right. 

I'm safe again, phew.

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If a white announcer had said, " Well (black quarterbacks name) did (character flaw) because he grew up poor in a bad neighborhood..." people would lose their ******* sh*t.

Yeah man you tell ‘em.  Stop persecuting rich white males.  Enough is enough.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah man you tell ‘em.  Stop persecuting rich white males.  Enough is enough.  

Persecuting anyone is bad for a society. Reverse injustice and double standards are still injustice and double standards. That door can easily swing back the other way and the people you think you're sticking up for will be ****ed again. It's ******* divisive.

• Upvote 3

I’ll just repeat what others have posted..and add on

”Dumb take”…. as an explanation for Zach’s struggles.  And who the eff knows what his life was like growing up?  

Hate when people assume that a person had/have an easy life because their parents had money.  Having money is nice..but you can have all kinds of s**t happen to you..regardless.  Booger has no clue what Zach’s life was like growing up.  Zero.

terrible, terrible take…that got under my skin..admittedly 

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

I’ll just repeat what others have posted..and add on

”Dumb take”…. as an explanation for Zach’s struggles.  And who the eff knows what his life was like growing up?  

Hate when people assume that a person had/have an easy life because their parents had money.  Having money is nice..but you can have all kinds of s**t happen to you..regardless.  Booger has no clue what Zach’s life was like growing up.  Zero.

terrible, terrible take…that got under my skin..admittedly 

Ohhh poor little rich privileged white guy has feewings and doesn't know he's not allowed.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Persecuting anyone is bad for a society. Reverse injustice and double standards are still injustice and double standards. That door can easily swing back the other way and the people you think you're sticking up for will be ****ed again. It's ******* divisive.

10 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Ohhh poor little rich privileged white guy has feewings and doesn't know he's not allowed.

No one said anything about race until you jumped in.  Save it with the “divisiveness” speech.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one said anything about race until you jumped in.  Save it.  

If it were a black quarterback we'd be talking about nothing else. 

Booger attacked him for his privilege. It's totally relevant. In fact its almost impossible to ignore if we're going to have an honest thread on the comments.

If not then the whole thing should just be shut down, you know like Twitter used to be.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

If it were a black quarterback we'd be talking about nothing else. 

Booger attacked him for his privilege. It's totally relevant. In fact its almost impossible to ignore if we're going to have an honest thread on the comments.

Privilege coming from a rich background, yes.