Booger McFarland: Zach “grew up with a lot of money, never had to accept accountability”

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Never happened. Literally said the opposite in fact. 

Saying someone isn't processing a football field in an ideal manner isn't an attack on their character ffs. Fields has absolutely sucked as a passer in the NFL. 

There are people here who do nothing but try to convince us that they have all of our posts catalogued, rated and numbered as to how many times you said something. They would make every one of your mistakes known but they don't want to embarrass you. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU! So be aware.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

There are people here who do nothing but try to convince us that they have all of our posts catalogued, rated and numbered as to how many times you said something. They would make every one of your mistakes known but they don't want to embarrass you. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU! So be aware.

I recall getting lampooned for floating the JetBlue thing and now it’s a thing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I recall getting lampooned for floating the JetBlue thing and now it’s a thing.

Someday someone is going to point out for me, what the whole Jet Blue thing is all about Matt because I really don't know what the frigging story is supposed to be about. If it's political then maybe someone can send me a private message

3 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Someday someone is going to point out for me, what the whole Jet Blue thing is all about Matt because I really don't know what the frigging story is supposed to be about. If it's political then maybe someone can send me a private message

The airline was founded by Zach’s uncle (mothers brother) and is a major sponsor of the Jets. Zach’s other uncle is super wealthy too apparently and his moms side I guess is close to Brazilian royalty. With the Jets business office having the reputation of having more power than they should; you get these types of rumors. 

2 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

They do where the public school is clean and highly ranked.  Suburban schools are filled with wealthy kids.  Filled.  Many elite private schools are filled with the best teachers and administration in the entire world.  And the wealthy kids who go there are raising themselves.  They are from broken homes with one parent long out of the picture and the rich parent onto wife #3.  They  have drug problems and lots worse.   The public school is frequently a better and cleaner choice.   It depends on where you live. 

I’m sorry but if Wilson is as rich as we’re portraying he’s not going to public school. These kids just from experience go to Rye Country Day Hackley etc where their parents are forking over 50K for kindergarten. It doesn’t sound like Wilson grew up in that. 

12 hours ago, maury77 said:

@Jetsfan80 & @The Crusher, its not as if these rumors weren't circulating before the draft: https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Some-Teams-Have-Makeup-Concerns-with-Zach-Wilson

Thanks for reposting this Maury. 

I too saw issues with the money.  I did not see the personality stuff.  Amazing it was out there before the draft.  But gee whiz, a direct comparison to Johnny Manziel - whose game and background he resembles.  Manziel was rich too.  Now I see nothing to make me believe that Zach is not the Ken doll he appears to be.  He is not a druggie like Manziel.   But his game is so similar.  The problems - BAD footwork - and POOR ballhandling.  So familiar. 

Zach, this stuff can be taught.  Look at Mike White.  He cannot sniff your talent yet his form is perfect.  Join him.

• Upvote 1

This is really such an awful take from a fool. Booger McFarland is a fool. 

The idea that because you grow up with money, you don't know how to take accountability is just garbage. He handled himself bad in a press conference. He's not the first QB to do it. 

You can tell there is more going on here with some of these analysts than just Zach's play on the field, which has been bad without a doubt. They don't like him, and it seems like a lot of it has to do with his upbringing. This started last year when he screwed up at the end of the Tampa game and Bart Scott, Willie Colon, and Leger Douzable made it personal with him. A lot of these analysts are incapable of keeping it to football.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, JiFields said:

lol - at the time he was the best QB evaluator in the media...

So true, Jets fans are infamous for killing the messengers for the messages. Drove Mannish out of a job and Cimini from The Daily News and what you wrote is so true, say something good and you're the best in the business do the opposite and you're a hack

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

fwiw, I'll give you a pass, I did my research, looked up your posts around this QB class.  Some of the most laughable bump worthy sh*t I've ever read, lmfao, you were soooo wrong, like sooo wrong but I'll be nice and not bump them, however, you are right but I wasnt wrong, while you didnt come out and repeat the narrative, you rep'd the narrative multiple times. So my memory wasnt completely off.

I will remember @Irish Jet calling Fields a 4th round prospect for the rest of my life.  It'll be a great story for the grandkids.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

brother anyone GIF

2 hours ago, clayton163v said:

They do where the public school is clean and highly ranked.  Suburban schools are filled with wealthy kids.  Filled.  Many elite private schools are filled with the best teachers and administration in the entire world.  And the wealthy kids who go there are raising themselves.  They are from broken homes with one parent long out of the picture and the rich parent onto wife #3.  They  have drug problems and lots worse.   The public school is frequently a better and cleaner choice.   It depends on where you live. 

Yep.  My public HS in northern NJ was small but really good.  The top 3-5 students in any given class generally went Ivy League or something pretty close (like W&M, George Washington, etc).  College was relatively easy for me because HS prepared me well.  Though to be fair I wasn't exactly a Chemistry major...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

fwiw, I'll give you a pass, I did my research, looked up your posts around this QB class.  Some of the most laughable bump worthy sh*t I've ever read, lmfao, you were soooo wrong, like sooo wrong but I'll be nice and not bump them, however, you are right but I wasnt wrong, while you didnt come out and repeat the narrative, you rep'd the narrative multiple times. So my memory wasnt completely off.

Literally came out, rubbished the narrative and slaughtered Orlovsky. If I repped something indicating that then it was either accidental or for something else. 

• Upvote 1

@JiFields regarding Fields - Football Outsiders had a great article highlighting his progress while also pumping the brakes on some of the hype. His passing is improved and he's way up from the league worst level he was playing at weeks 1-6, but it's still bad. His great plays are spectacular but his bad plays more regular. He's basically the ultimate boom/bust player right now.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2022/high-highs-and-low-lows-justin-fields-and-tom-brady

I will fully hold my hands up that I never expected him to play like this - But I'm not sure many did. He's running at a better level than any QB in the league, better than he ever ran in college. I think most expected him to be a pass-first type who could run rather than a straight runner who can pass. 

I think a lot of the flaws I highlighted with him have showed up - And I did several times say that there was raw talent there. I seem to recall saying the dream destination was New England where he could sit behind Cam Newton (lol) and get his fundamentals cleaned up. I did not see him becoming this sort of player though - The challenge will be whether he can maintain this rushing dominance or whether he can improve as a pocket passer. He's still far from the MVP candidate that ironically, Dan Orlovsky is suggesting he is. LOL, compensating much. 

Anyways I deserve all the sh*t in the world for jumping on the Zach Wilson bandwagon. **** that guy. We still have to see with Fields. 

• Ugh 1

10 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

What’s incredible is how stupid people are making themselves look over a one word answer by a 23 year old from a media hack trying to bait him. 

we can think that but when people who are ex athletes and there are many who are saying it then its a problem.

these guys were in pro locker rooms and there saying its a problem. i will take their word for it. 

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

@JiFields regarding Fields - Football Outsiders had a great article highlighting his progress while also pumping the brakes on some of the hype. His passing is improved and he's way up from the league worst level he was playing at weeks 1-6, but it's still bad. His great plays are spectacular but his bad plays more regular. He's basically the ultimate boom/bust player right now.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2022/high-highs-and-low-lows-justin-fields-and-tom-brady

I will fully hold my hands up that I never expected him to play like this - But I'm not sure many did. He's running at a better level than any QB in the league, better than he ever ran in college. I think most expected him to be a pass-first type who could run rather than a straight runner who can pass. 

I think a lot of the flaws I highlighted with him have showed up - And I did several times say that there was raw talent there. I seem to recall saying the dream destination was New England where he could sit behind Cam Newton (lol) and get his fundamentals cleaned up. I did not see him becoming this sort of player though - The challenge will be whether he can maintain this rushing dominance or whether he can improve as a pocket passer. He's still far from the MVP candidate that ironically, Dan Orlovsky is suggesting he is. LOL, compensating much. 

Anyways I deserve all the sh*t in the world for jumping on the Zach Wilson bandwagon. **** that guy. We still have to see with Fields. 

I'm not going to rehash my issues w/ Football Outsiders and the data collected vs. all the factors they plainly ignore.  I've dismantled it too many times but this particular article highlights all my issues so very very well.  Scoring Tom Brady and Justin Fields w/ the same formula as if it's a level playing field and ignoring all the obvious is literally one of the dumbest exercises of futility I've ever seen.

You denial is disgusting. 

• More Ugh 1

10 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Zach has been terrible 

His post game Press conference might’ve been worse than his play on the field.

All that being said. This is a terrible take. Because he came from a family with money that’s a knock on him? Kill him for what he said, how he played, how he’s handle the media. 

Complete BS, amazing how some assumptions are ok in society but some aren’t 

Exactly my point.  Yes..it’s a privilege to grow up white in our society with wealthy parents.  That’s a pretty good starting point in life in our country.. for sure.  Still, one should NEVER jump to the conclusion..solely based on money and race..that any particular person ..has had an easy and comfortable path growing up.  More likely?  - Yes.    Abundant resources for growth and development are readily available to kids with wealthy parents.

It’s  just ignorant to conclude with ‘certainty’..that any particular kid has had it “easy.”  How could one (especially an outsider) possibly know that to be the case?   

• Upvote 1

Zach had been bad, but this is absolute sh*tty take. Basically people who grow up with money have no accountability? Good to bed Booger you’re drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I’m pretty sure Booger has no idea what the actual definition of accountability is. It’s a weird term to tie into someone growing up in a stable financial environment or even vice versa for that matter. Is there any data that would support a variation in accountability for kids brought up in converse socioeconomic situations? Logic would suggest there wouldn’t be a difference.

8 hours ago, clayton163v said:

Again, I consider his upbringing to be attractive to a conservative icon like the Johnsons.  How is this surprising?  It is why we took him #2.   

This is absolute nonsense.  So now the Jets are drafting based upon upbringing?  Talking heads and former players were raving about Wilson's arm strength, accuracy etc. prior to the draft.  It has turned out to be wrong, but tying drafting him  to his "conservative" upbringing is utter horse$hit  

If we’re comparing them Fields was on an Netflix doc and had his dad as a coach (and was just as spoiled/entitled as Wilson) and transferred to OHio State because he got beat out by Fromm. The only criticism he’s ever gotten came from Orlovsky and he basically had to get on his hand and knees to beg for forgiveness. 

I’m still not convinced Fields is an NFL talent. He can run, but I haven’t seen a whole lot in the passing game. He’s no Lamar Jackson or from what I’ve seen.