Booger McFarland: Zach “grew up with a lot of money, never had to accept accountability”

Rhg1084

6 hours ago, Grandy said:

Wilson blows but this is a terrible take. 

Guys like Peyton Manning and Mahomes grew up with money, and they seem to be just fine. No correlation.

Just sh*tting on a young guys character.

There's a difference between growing up the son of a NFL player (or in Mahomes case mlb pitcher) and growing up just rich 

It's not about the money. It's that he wasn't raised right 

9 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Someday someone is going to point out for me, what the whole Jet Blue thing is all about Matt because I really don't know what the frigging story is supposed to be about. If it's political then maybe someone can send me a private message

It's not political. Imagine if Justin fields uncle founded metlife. It's an existing above board marketing agreement that everyone knows about. It just happens to be great synergy where the guy you want to draft dovetails with existing business 

Drafting Zach wilson affirms a multi million dollar sponsorship relationship. Boom it is free money. Not every nfl team has an official airline sponsor. Justin fields does not come with a sponsorship. 

It's not a conspiracy. Everyone knows about this. The Zach defenders act like the relationship with jetblue is just coincidence. 

My take Zach wilson the prospect was never worth 2 overall there was nothing in his film to justify such an elite pick and he never worked out so it's not like he is some freak athlete. The jetblue thing pushed him up to the jets and the Jets' interest justified moving him up in mock drafts. He never had a rose bowl win or signature moment like Sanchez or darnold. He doesn't have a Josh Allen type 4.4 40. He was more like a Geno Smith type that went a round too early. And like Geno Smith it will take a decade before he learns how to read defenses 

For these observations I was basically pilloried and left the board for a year because of the abuse.

Now everyone's seeing how sh*tty Zach is and you know what? I take no joy in being correct. A guy who can't be bothered to set his feet when he throws has problems being coached. It was all based on this flawed prospect. Zach is egotistical and selfish and you can't be that guy in the league unless you are also amazing. He's lost the locker room. People blamed mims and Moore for being jerks they just wanted to make sure they had careers 

Zach thinks he knows best but he actually doesn't know sh*t. Here we are and I don't expect the situation to resolve for years. He's starting the rest of the season until he gets hurt (which he often does get hurt another reason why it was shocking he went 2 overall)

Joe Douglas will probably get fired over it. Which is a shame but you can't trust him to make big qb decisions anymore. You don't miss at 2 and get another swing 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

There's a difference between growing up the son of a NFL player (or in Mahomes case mlb pitcher) and growing up just rich 

It's not political. Imagine if Justin fields uncle founded metlife. It's an existing above board marketing agreement that everyone knows about. It just happens to be great synergy where the guy you want to draft dovetails with existing business 

Drafting Zach wilson affirms a multi million dollar sponsorship relationship. Boom it is free money. Justin fields does not come with a sponsorship. 

It's not a conspiracy. Everyone knows about this. The Zach defenders act like the relationship with jetblue is just coincidence. 

100%! Uncle owns JetBlue, nephew is a Jet and blows. Coincidence? Hardly. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BloodGreen said:

I’m pretty sure Booger has no idea what the actual definition of accountability is. It’s a weird term to tie into someone growing up in a stable financial environment or even vice versa for that matter. Is there any data that would support a variation in accountability for kids brought up in converse socioeconomic situations? Logic would suggest there wouldn’t be a difference.

Yeah the correlation didn’t make sense and he didn’t really articulate the point. He just wanted to tell everyone he personally didn’t like Wilson in a more delicate matter. 

48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Drafting Zach wilson affirms a multi million dollar sponsorship relationship. Boom it is free money. Not every nfl team has an official airline sponsor. Justin fields does not come with a sponsorship. 

My take Zach wilson the prospect was never worth 2 overall there was nothing in his film to justify such an elite pick and he never worked out so it's not like he is some freak athlete. The jetblue thing pushed him up to the jets and the Jets' interest justified moving him up in mock drafts. He never had a rose bowl win or signature moment like Sanchez or darnold. He doesn't have a Josh Allen type 4.4 40. He was more like a Geno Smith type that went a round too early. And like Geno Smith it will take a decade before he learns how to read defenses 

For these observations I was basically pilloried and left the board for a year because of the abuse.

Now everyone's seeing how sh*tty Zach is and you know what? I take no joy in being correct. A guy who can't be bothered to set his feet when he throws has problems being coached. It was all based on this flawed prospect. Zach is egotistical and selfish and you can't be that guy in the league unless you are also amazing. He's lost the locker room. People blamed mims and Moore for being jerks they just wanted to make sure they had careers 

Zach thinks he knows best but he actually doesn't know sh*t. Here we are and I don't expect the situation to resolve for years. He's starting the rest of the season until he gets hurt (which he often does get hurt another reason why it was shocking he went 2 overall)

Joe Douglas will probably get fired over it. Which is a shame but you can't trust him to make big qb decisions anymore. You don't miss at 2 and get another swing 

Matt, I wouldn't worry about what more than half of these know-it-all Jets Insider refugees have to say about me if I were you. There is a reason so many of us wanted nothing to do with that place and preferred it here instead. Well, now there is no more Jets Insider and all of those guys who would write DUMP after every thread are now here trying to play the same clique High School games. I always regarded the things that you would report as pretty solid information. You would GO to watch prospects work out in other states in other schools. You put your money out there where your fingers typed. So IOW screw half of these guys anyway. Sorry maybe it should be a private message but I really don't care I'm a 67 year old grandpa now 14 times over, I'm too old to care what a bunch of 30 somethings have to say about me. So, thank you for explaining it to me, I appreciate it and my theory IS political and won't be written about here out of respect for the boards' rules.

23 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He grew up with money but still worked hard enough to be a good enough QB in college to be a #2 overall pick.  I think there's a lot of piling on right now.

I don't think Zach is entitled or a bad kid.  I just think he hasn't been a good QB so far.

Him answering that question the way he did says a lot about him.

19 hours ago, Green DNA said:

This is absolute nonsense.  So now the Jets are drafting based upon upbringing?  Talking heads and former players were raving about Wilson's arm strength, accuracy etc. prior to the draft.  It has turned out to be wrong, but tying drafting him  to his "conservative" upbringing is utter horse$hit  

I agree.  But you took it out of context.  

As I wrote in an earlier post, I feel that Woody and Chris wanted somebody from their social class.  You know, somebody they can take to a dinner party.  Zach Wilson knows which is the salad fork.  Nor do I think there is anything evil about that.   They can like what they like. 

I do not have any issue with how Zach was raised.  Nor do I think his career is over.  He needs to master ballhandling and technique.  However, I will always believe that he got overdrafted because he is so attractive to the typical NFL owner.  Nor I do think that Woody and Chris were the only interested owners.   They just had the second pick.  Zach carried a clear first round grade going into the draft.  But he was ranked 14th in my guide.  Not even top ten.  Somebody interfered. 

Tell me honestly.  Do you believe our Joe Douglas turned down the offer from the 49ers that was accepted by Miami to move from #12 to #3 for Two first round picks and some change?  Not me.  Not when the four other QBs were a pick em and there are eight elite players leftover.  Joe's history shows he is not that stupid.