The next QB of the Jets should be....

sourceworx

On 11/21/2022 at 11:08 PM, sourceworx said:

...Nathan Rourke.

Canadian native who played college ball at Ohio. He wasn't drafted in the NFL because he was undersized and very raw, and ended up with the BC Lions in the CFL. He sat his first season behind a long time starter in that league, and worked on improving his mechanics. He got his shot to start this year, and absolutely lit it up. Made some legit NFL-caliber throws. If he hadn't suffered from a bad foot injury in June, this kid would have broken multiple CFL passing records with room to spare, and ran away with the CFL equivalent MVP award.

He fought his way back from the injury to play the last few weeks of the season.

Canadians are in love with him, because he's one of them.

The CFL season just ended, and Rourke is now trying out for NFL teams. The Jets should be one of them.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/nathan-rourke-nfl-opportunity-1.6658349

And people laughed at me for liking Daniel Jones 

On 11/22/2022 at 8:55 AM, sourceworx said:

The field as a whole is bigger. 

15 yards wider, 10 yards longer and the endzones are 20 yards.  The goal posts are also on the goal line so you occasionally see guys getting wrecked by running into the goal posts.

12 players a side thus in the CFL you usualy have 2 CBS 2 halfbacks (NFL equivalemt would be safeties) and one deep safety who usually pays in the middle.

The extra guy on offense is a receiver so you have to slot receivers and two wr.

Rarely any tight ends.

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, 68JET11 said:

Minshew, and keep drafting a QB every year until we find the one. Not sure we'll ever get the change to get him, because if he keeps playing as good as he has and continues that way we won't have a chance at Maye from UNC.

I would also take a long hard look at Heineke. Guy is an alpha dog slinging the ball. Not a deer in the headlights like Zach has been. 

3 yr. $55m would get it done. Let Zach & Taylor battle it out. This is the advantage of having Zach on a rookie deal with Streveler as the. 3rd string. 

Minishew will probably be able to get a $12 -$15m avg. annual salary but Heineke has a stronger resume

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
24 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Bump

It's an impressive play.

With that said, he threw a nice pass under serious duress in the late period of an early preseason game against the future meat slicers down at the Super Market.  Third string QB playing against NFL third (or fourth) string guys, looks like.

It's a nice pass, a great single play. 

The guy is a third stringer at best, and most certainly isn't "the next QB of the New York Jets", like this thread tried to make out that he should be. 

Lets be real.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's an impressive play.

With that said, he threw a nice pass under serious duress in the late period of an early preseason game against the future meat slicers down at the Super Market.  Third string QB playing against NFL third (or fourth) string guys, looks like.

It's a nice pass, a great single play. 

The guy is a third stringer at best, and most certainly isn't "the next QB of the New York Jets", like this thread tried to make out that he should be. 

Lets be real.

If only we had a young QB who ran backwards into a pirouette to try to elude a sack. We just never get lucky I guess.

• Haha 3

On 11/26/2022 at 10:55 AM, 32EBoozer said:

I would also take a long hard look at Heineke. Guy is an alpha dog slinging the ball. Not a deer in the headlights like Zach has been. 

3 yr. $55m would get it done. Let Zach & Taylor battle it out. This is the advantage of having Zach on a rookie deal with Streveler as the. 3rd string. 

Minishew will probably be able to get a $12 -$15m avg. annual salary but Heineke has a stronger resume

minishew got 3.5MM contract.

i think many of us here overstate what the league thinks of the guy.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Ummm... No... Check your dates... That was the end of November last year

Yeah before he finished the season as the sh*ttiest player in the league for a 2nd consecutive year. He actually somehow found a way to get even worse after your post. Which is almost impressive.

• More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah before he finished the season as the sh*ttiest player in the league for a 2nd consecutive year. He actually somehow found a way to get even worse after your post. Which is almost impressive.

Wtf are you babbling about... Yes I think there is a chance he turns it around... Noone ever said it had to be the next day. 

I have no clue what you are trying to point out but you are obviously wrong

Just now, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Wtf are you babbling about... Yes I think there is a chance he turns it around... Noone ever said it had to be the next day. 

I have no clue what you are trying to point out but you are obviously wrong

Wrong about which part? You can’t mean wrong that he has sucked, since that’s a fact. So you must be trying to say I’m wrong about a prediction of his future. Any amount, let’s bet on it right now. Profit from my idiocy.

• WTF? 1

Just now, jgb said:

Wrong about which part? You can’t mean wrong that he has sucked, since that’s a fact. So you must be trying to say I’m wrong about a prediction of his future. Any amount, let’s bet on it right now. Profit from my idiocy.

Again what are you trying to prove... That I think there is a chance...

You are right I think there is a chance he is going to be an NFL QB... 

You don't... What is your ******* point. 

Again what are you trying to prove... That I think there is a chance...

You are right I think there is a chance he is going to be an NFL QB... 

You don't... What is your ******* point. 

Let’s bet. If you think I’m wrong, make some easy money, friend.

Why would anyone take that bet without knowing how he improves this year... 

He is only in the beginning of how 3rd year... How about we all just give him a chance. 

Oh sh*t you cracked the code! I too wish I could bet on things after I know the results.