Jump to content

For being 6-4 this is sure turning out to be a shi**y unenjoyable season.


Beerfish
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

This is 1000% on LaFleur ... even though Zach played worse than pretty much any QB I have seen play .. LaFleur needs to be able to adjust to what is happening on the field.  Clearly in over his head.  No running game ... at all.  No answers to get at least a bit of yardage. Wide receiver screens with NE playing 11 men in the box.  Embarrassed for him.

Someone posted a compilation video of at least 10 plays with open receivers where Zach missed them, threw to the slot instead and it hit the ground, over threw etc.

The play calling was good enough to win.  Great?  NO. But find that video and listen to the NE defender who stated Zach was always looking down, afraid of the rush.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you thought that the New York Jets, one year removed from a 4 win season which was one year removed from a two win season, were all of a sudden going to the SB then I don’t know what to tell you. 

It’s the Jets. Buck up, buttercup. This has been the best season since the last sh*tty/successful season they had in 2015. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, the Claw said:

If you thought that the New York Jets, one year removed from a 4 win season which was one year removed from a two win season, were all of a sudden going to the SB then I don’t know what to tell you. 

It’s the Jets. Buck up, buttercup. This has been the best season since the last sh*tty/successful season they had in 2015. 

It's not something that happens, except last year when The Bengals went from 4-11-1 to 10-7 and a Super Bowl appearance against The Rams

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If you asked me or most of us if we would take 6-4 at this point for the Jets we would have been very happy about it I would think.  But instead things are mostly negative and not a ton of fun.

The qb is imploding so bad most think he should be benched on merit.  The team is sniping left right and center, we have had Wr malcontents all year.  Worst of all were the key injuries, we finally get a home run hitting Rb and of course he gets hurt.  We finally look to be shoring up the oline and the guy who is playing great at guard and tackle gets hurt.

I firmly believe we win that last game with Breece Hall and AVT, quite possibly the first pats game as well.

It's tough to even enjoy our mostly stellar defensive play right now so many other things are going into the toilet.

I might not feel quite so bad if the team had a 2nd QB I thought was any good at all that I thought could be a good enough game manger to get by.

I hope this might be a lesson to the Jets higher ups that you ALWAYS need to invest in as good of a second QB as you can because you should never be looking at dumping an otherwise promising season because your starter falls off a cliff performance wise or gets hurt.

I'm glad someone else feels this way.  I was so ******* psyched coming into this game.  Put 6 dozen wings in my smokehouse, got my fav beer and bourbon, had my dad over - and this ******* mess.  

I was a Zac supporter because of his skillset.  I am no longer a supporter until he proves he can do it game in and game out.  I will cut him a little slack because the O-Line was horrible at times throughout the game.  One thing he did improve on is not doing stupid sh*t.  He threw the ball way out of bounds when he needed to and took the sack when necessary.  That's a positive and something he was horrible with.  

This game was not only a loss but it was the most boring game I have ever watched in my life.  **** THIS... Change the plan.  Tell the kid to go out and ball out.  Throw the ******* ball down the field and if we lose because we were super aggressive - we lose.  I think some of the receivers eluded to being on a leash (maybe because ZW underthrows everyone - who knows?) but at least it's excitement.  ZAC SUCKS right now.  Is it because his hands are tired?, is he scared to make a mistake?, throw the damn ball and find out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

I was just about to say, I could not feel the more opposite.  Finally, it seems the Jets have all the right pieces in place.  JD hasnt been flawless, the Wilson (I accept your apology) pick being a killer but he's put together the most talented Jets Football team, arguably, in my life time.  These guys are really really good, young and uber talented.  There is just 1 player holding us back and while it's also been the position that we cant seem to figure out, the timing of this happening is good.  Probably one of the better offseason for veteran QB's to shake loose in a while and I think there will be some trade considerations out there as well.  

This season was always about figuring Wilson out and it's figured out, he's a bust, but the team is awesome.  Not a bad situation if we dont let him handcuff us as an organization.  And I dont think Saleh will let that happen.

I agree with you and @Irish Jet, but a lot of it depends upon whether the staff and management is willing to, at a minimum, bring in QB competition for Cobra Kai next year. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

It's not something that happens, except last year when The Bengals went from 4-11-1 to 10-7 and a Super Bowl appearance against The Rams

Exactly. It was ridiculous to think it would happen again period, let alone the following year, and let alone to the Jets. It’s like comparing Zach to Josh Allen. Just because it happened once doesn’t leave the door open for it to happen to every crummy prospect that enters the league. 
 

Just

Enjoy

The 

Season you get for you are alive to see it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm very happy about being 6-4, and the improvements in the Jets team talent, on both O and D.  It's an amazing improvement overall, regardless of how the rest of the year goes.  J.D. has risen in my eyes.  Even Mims seems like he might be able to stick.

I am materially LESS happy with the continued massive amount of injuries this team suffers every single year.

I am materially LESS happy with the league-worst performance of our #2 overall pick QB, and our refusal to give our backups an opportunity to show they can do better.  

I see many NFL teams bench poor performing, and/or unproven starters, and try out backups.  Heinicke is now 4-1 in D.C. as a backup, and has them almost back in post-season contention, despite his obvious and glaring limitations when compared to Wentz.  It just doesn't take that much bravery to sit a young, underperforming QB for a week or two, to both settle him down/sort out his problems in practice/meetings, and to give other guys a chance. 

I continue to believe that Mike White has earned a chance to compete with his play on the field in real games.  Do I think he's a stud?  No.  But he has earned the right, by being better than Zach in almost every way, to get a shot at this moment vs. the Bears.  If he poops the bed, or most likely gets hurt yet again, we go back to Zach.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If you asked me or most of us if we would take 6-4 at this point for the Jets we would have been very happy about it I would think.  But instead things are mostly negative and not a ton of fun.

The qb is imploding so bad most think he should be benched on merit.  The team is sniping left right and center, we have had Wr malcontents all year.  Worst of all were the key injuries, we finally get a home run hitting Rb and of course he gets hurt.  We finally look to be shoring up the oline and the guy who is playing great at guard and tackle gets hurt.

I firmly believe we win that last game with Breece Hall and AVT, quite possibly the first pats game as well.

It's tough to even enjoy our mostly stellar defensive play right now so many other things are going into the toilet.

I might not feel quite so bad if the team had a 2nd QB I thought was any good at all that I thought could be a good enough game manger to get by.

I hope this might be a lesson to the Jets higher ups that you ALWAYS need to invest in as good of a second QB as you can because you should never be looking at dumping an otherwise promising season because your starter falls off a cliff performance wise or gets hurt.

I would say the season only became unenjoyable this weekend. Zach actually looked competent against the Bills

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I agree with you and @Irish Jet, but a lot of it depends upon whether the staff and management is willing to, at a minimum, bring in QB competition for Cobra Kai next year. 

I mean, yesterday in the presser, Cimini directly asked - youve been steady w/ Zach is our starter, what's changed? And Saleh said, we have to sit back and look at whats best for our organization.   He may stick w/ and rightfully so IMHO but that tells me that they're not married to Zach the way former regimes have been.  This is mid-season too, very hard to make that decision sitting at 6-4 as opposed to having the entire season to reflect upon.  Just tells me they're not foolish to what's going on here.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To each his own, but I'm doing a hell of a lot more smiling during and after games this season than I have since this was a playoff team.  Enjoying it a hell of a lot more than I did under the past couple head coaches.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If you asked me or most of us if we would take 6-4 at this point for the Jets we would have been very happy about it I would think.  But instead things are mostly negative and not a ton of fun.

The qb is imploding so bad most think he should be benched on merit.  The team is sniping left right and center, we have had Wr malcontents all year.  Worst of all were the key injuries, we finally get a home run hitting Rb and of course he gets hurt.  We finally look to be shoring up the oline and the guy who is playing great at guard and tackle gets hurt.

I firmly believe we win that last game with Breece Hall and AVT, quite possibly the first pats game as well.

It's tough to even enjoy our mostly stellar defensive play right now so many other things are going into the toilet.

I might not feel quite so bad if the team had a 2nd QB I thought was any good at all that I thought could be a good enough game manger to get by.

I hope this might be a lesson to the Jets higher ups that you ALWAYS need to invest in as good of a second QB as you can because you should never be looking at dumping an otherwise promising season because your starter falls off a cliff performance wise or gets hurt.

Does this not feel like 09/10? When we were in the hunt, barely made the playoffs.. Had 1 of worst qbs in league and by far biggest weakness, but stellar D was keeping us in the hunt while we decided which qb wouldn’t be the worst to start ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I completely disagree, @Beerfish.  I am enjoying this season.  I have been starved for a winner for the last 12 seasons, and we finally have a team that is capable of competing.  And it is a young team.  Whenever we have been good in recent history we have had veteran teams where you knew the window would be closing relatively quickly.  98, 09, 10, even 15 were all veteran teams.  We have a good young core, a championship caliber defense, a good GM and head coach.

We are 6-4 despite some of the worst QB play in the league (Flacco is ranked 32 in passer rating and Zach is 34) and volume of injuries along the OL that nobody could have foreseen.  We lost two of our best offensive players, but we are still in it.  Sunday sucked, but we are still in contention and will be playing meaningful football in December for the first time in 7 years.  We have a strong team with one glaring weakness.  Wasn't it you who argued that we should not have drafted a QB until we built up the roster around him.  You were right.  But we are in that position now.  We have a strong young roster and we are a QB away from contending.  I hope we find our guy in FA as I don't want to go through the drafted young QB again, but we have to solve for the position this offseason. 

We may not make the playoffs this year, which would suck, but still, it is a good time to be a Jet fan.  I am looking forward to seeing how these next 7 games play out.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If you asked me or most of us if we would take 6-4 at this point for the Jets we would have been very happy about it I would think.  But instead things are mostly negative and not a ton of fun.

The qb is imploding so bad most think he should be benched on merit.  The team is sniping left right and center, we have had Wr malcontents all year.  Worst of all were the key injuries, we finally get a home run hitting Rb and of course he gets hurt.  We finally look to be shoring up the oline and the guy who is playing great at guard and tackle gets hurt.

I firmly believe we win that last game with Breece Hall and AVT, quite possibly the first pats game as well.

It's tough to even enjoy our mostly stellar defensive play right now so many other things are going into the toilet.

I might not feel quite so bad if the team had a 2nd QB I thought was any good at all that I thought could be a good enough game manger to get by.

I hope this might be a lesson to the Jets higher ups that you ALWAYS need to invest in as good of a second QB as you can because you should never be looking at dumping an otherwise promising season because your starter falls off a cliff performance wise or gets hurt.

a crazy last minute win against the brown that has never happened in a couple of decades?

road wins at GB and Pitt!  when was that ever done?

A great come from behind victory against the odds on favorite SB champ?

you need some Lexapro if this season is mostly not fun.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Bigger expectations lead to higher highs and lower lows. 
 

It’s been a long time since I was as angry and disappointed after a loss as I was on Sunday.  Then I realized that I’ve got higher expectations for this team, this late in the season, then I’ve had for any Jets teams since at least 2015. 
 

When you’re used to playing meaningless games in October, losing a meaningful game in November is gonna sting more.  

with how we were playing, the punt return TD was like ripping off the band aid.   there was very little chance we were going to score in OT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The emergence of Breece Hall papered over a lot of problems on offense, particularly with Zach and the OL. Losing him and AVT at the same time was effectively the end of the season. The NFL is *so bad* this year that it’s hard to get too excited about any one result. The Jets have done well and profited in, and from, that environment, but the wheat is going to start separating from the chaff at some point and we’ll see how good the 2022 Jets really are. I understand the OP’s point, because it’s fun being joy-averse Jets fan. I don’t think we’re fully aware of how valueless it is to have a pretty solid roster with no QB, and we really have no path to getting one. Garopollo or Carr probably aren’t taking this roster over the top, and none of the draftable guys—particularly where we’re drafting—look like they’re any good. The Jets best chance moving forward might actually be to put Zach Wilson into cold storage and try to rebuild him from the ground up.

is the SF roster ex QB better than ours?

The monday after the broncos game was a killer because we all knew this was a huge deal in a year we could have made the playoffs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look at these forums, look at the media takes.  The tally is about 100 threads trashing or defending our QB or asking who is going to be the QB next year, or trashing coach or GM  The other threads about how the players on this team are outwardly or covertly trashing each other.

Threads talking about how great we are doing or playoffs etc, like about 2.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Look at these forums, look at the media takes.  The tally is about 100 threads trashing or defending our QB or asking who is going to be the QB next year, or trashing coach or GM  The other threads about how the players on this team are outwardly or covertly trashing each other.

Threads talking about how great we are doing or playoffs etc, like about 2.

I'm sorry this is so hard for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I'm sorry this is so hard for you.

Hang on Beerfish it's only been 15 years, someday he will actually make a point on a subject being discussed, until then we have to simply sit back and wait until this guy says something other than his usual criticisms. It's not easy being as cool him you know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

Hang on Beerfish it's only been 15 years, someday he will actually make a point on a subject being discussed, until then we have to simply sit back and wait until this guy says something other than his usual criticisms. It's not easy being as cool him you know

Aw, are you having a rough time too sweetie?  Don't worry, I am here for you and happy to take your unsolicited jabs if it makes you feel better :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The OP is getting hammered but there's a point here that is very valid.

When the team is talent-poor and sucks, it's easier to just shut down and not care about the results.

This team could very well be 8-2 right now and challenging KC for the # 1 seed in the AFC.  Except one guy is bringing the whole operation down, and instead we're now in last place in the division.

It's been an enjoyable season for sure, but it's also going to end up a "what might have been" season, much like the 2011 Jets that started 8-5.

And stop telling people to just be happy that the team is finally good for the first time in 13 years.  That really isn't enough.  When expectations are raised you don't accept mediocrity, which is exactly where we seem to be headed the rest of this season.  Playoffs?  Heh.  Kind of a sick joke to talk about that at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IDK....this is the most fun I've had watching the Jets in years....

If people would stop trying to make these grandiose proclamations after every game and just enjoy the ride maybe they would feel better about the situation. 

We lose to NE at home the sky is falling

We beat Buffalo at home we're booking SB tickets

We lose to NE in Foxboro and its WWIII time....

We have great young players to be happy about and some issues that are beyond concerning(obviously at QB). Most importantly, its likely we have a coaching staff and front office that's worth a damn....and get this? They're on the same page!

You would think after years of being eliminated from the playoff hunt by Halloween people would just enjoy the fact that we're gonna play meaningful football into December, with games on the schedule that are winnable....GEEZ! lol 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Aw, are you having a rough time too sweetie?  Don't worry, I am here for you and happy to take your unsolicited jabs if it makes you feel better :) 

You're a fat bearded loser and a coward who is afraid to let anyone know anything about him, right Boo Boo? Now get in your truck and race over to the next big political rally with your pennants and flags on the back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

You're a fat bearded loser and a coward who is afraid to let anyone know anything about him, right Boo Boo? Now get in your truck and race over to the next big political rally with your pennants and flags on the back

Yep, you got me.  I am got!

Glad I could help be an outlet for your perpetual frustration today, Mr. Crybaby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The OP is getting hammered but there's a point here that is very valid.

When the team is talent-poor and sucks, it's easier to just shut down and not care about the results.

This team could very well be 8-2 right now and challenging KC for the # 1 seed in the AFC.  Except one guy is bringing the whole operation down, and instead we're now in last place in the division.

It's been an enjoyable season for sure, but it's also going to end up a "what might have been" season, much like the 2011 Jets that started 8-5.

And stop telling people to just be happy that the team is finally good for the first time in 13 years.  That really isn't enough.  When expectations are raised you don't accept mediocrity, which is exactly where we seem to be headed the rest of this season.  Playoffs?  Heh.  Kind of a sick joke to talk about that at the moment.

But this season is not sh*tty and unenjoyable!  

Every season has ups and downs.  Am I happy that the Jets are staring at a problem (not having a quarterback) that's older than Sonny Werblin's corpse?  No.  But there have been plenty of thrills.

Also, it's just football guys.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...