For being 6-4 this is sure turning out to be a shi**y unenjoyable season.

Beerfish

3 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I'm glad someone else feels this way.  I was so ******* psyched coming into this game.  Put 6 dozen wings in my smokehouse, got my fav beer and bourbon, had my dad over - and this ******* mess.  

I was a Zac supporter because of his skillset.  I am no longer a supporter until he proves he can do it game in and game out.  I will cut him a little slack because the O-Line was horrible at times throughout the game.  One thing he did improve on is not doing stupid sh*t.  He threw the ball way out of bounds when he needed to and took the sack when necessary.  That's a positive and something he was horrible with.  

This game was not only a loss but it was the most boring game I have ever watched in my life.  **** THIS... Change the plan.  Tell the kid to go out and ball out.  Throw the ******* ball down the field and if we lose because we were super aggressive - we lose.  I think some of the receivers eluded to being on a leash (maybe because ZW underthrows everyone - who knows?) but at least it's excitement.  ZAC SUCKS right now.  Is it because his hands are tired?, is he scared to make a mistake?, throw the damn ball and find out.

But,  his hands are tired! 

16 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

But this season is not sh*tty and unenjoyable!  

Every season has ups and downs.  Am I happy that the Jets are staring at a problem (not having a quarterback) that's older than Sonny Werblin's corpse?  No.  But there have been plenty of thrills.

Also, it's just football guys.

Not for the most part.  But the thread title is "turning out to be".  Things won't be so fun around here if Wilson keeps playing and the team plays its way out of postseason contention.  To go from a huge high (Bills win) to what we're staring at now is indeed not enjoyable.  Expectations were raised only for Lucy to pull the ball away from Charlie Brown.  Again.  

Yes, its just football.  Its also fun to win and not have a dogsh*t QB.  I'd like to do those things too.  

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If you asked me or most of us if we would take 6-4 at this point for the Jets we would have been very happy about it I would think.  But instead things are mostly negative and not a ton of fun.

The qb is imploding so bad most think he should be benched on merit.  The team is sniping left right and center, we have had Wr malcontents all year.  Worst of all were the key injuries, we finally get a home run hitting Rb and of course he gets hurt.  We finally look to be shoring up the oline and the guy who is playing great at guard and tackle gets hurt.

I firmly believe we win that last game with Breece Hall and AVT, quite possibly the first pats game as well.

It's tough to even enjoy our mostly stellar defensive play right now so many other things are going into the toilet.

I might not feel quite so bad if the team had a 2nd QB I thought was any good at all that I thought could be a good enough game manger to get by.

I hope this might be a lesson to the Jets higher ups that you ALWAYS need to invest in as good of a second QB as you can because you should never be looking at dumping an otherwise promising season because your starter falls off a cliff performance wise or gets hurt.

Not with you. I prefer to just look forward. We are 6 and 4, it is unlikely NE has a better record at the end of the year, and I think playoffs are still likely. Our QB situation is rough and our injuries are ludicrous but we still have an elite defense and a young core  I am over Sunday

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Look at these forums, look at the media takes.  The tally is about 100 threads trashing or defending our QB or asking who is going to be the QB next year, or trashing coach or GM  The other threads about how the players on this team are outwardly or covertly trashing each other.

Threads talking about how great we are doing or playoffs etc, like about 2.

That summarizes this forum all day every day.  It is just a very negative place.  And you just added to it with a thread about how disappointed you are with the season.  

• Upvote 1

I think many of you are not realizing just have a big a loss the injury to Breece Hall was to this team.  He WAS the team OFFENSIVE MVP as a rookie and was only getting better.  Our entire offense looked completely different with him back there.   He took alot of pressure off of Zach and was allowing him to develop at a slower pace.   Although our running game has been good without him, it is not the same.  He was such an all around weapon in both the run and pass game and a threat to score from any where on the field.    Plus the Cory Davis injury didn't help Zach at a time when he needed someone had developed a comfort level with.  None of this is to make excuses for Zachs putrid play, but I just wonder what this offense would be looking like right now with Hall and Davis.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s been fun watching Sunday and being able to think the team has a shot. I wouldn’t trade it.

I think I’m a little hopeful for the future. On offense I think we see the impact special players can have with how the offense has looked with/without Hall. Hopefully he comes back healthy and hopefully they can continue to add there, but I think having one special player can really make offense watchable. More would be great, but I don’t think they’re that for off from having a functional NFL offense.

And the defense looks great.

• Upvote 1

To each his own, I guess.

personally - I am LOVING this season. The jets have already played meaningful games in November and will actually play meaningful games in December. Crazy times. 

this is easily the most fun team we have had since 2010. 2015 was cool but we always knew that was a flash in the pan fitz year and that team was loaded with older mercenaries. The best players on this team are basically all in their first few seasons - even QW is only in year 4. It sucks that the QB is imploding, but he can be replaced with a decent veteran alternative fairly easily this offseason. 

cheer up and enjoy the ride 

• Upvote 1

This is the best I've felt about the team since the Parcells' years.  And those Parcells teams were older.  This team is young and on the rise. 

We have a terrific GM (who is also young, btw) who has built the team the right way (through the draft). 

We have an outstanding defense.  (And that happened at the perfect time, because defense is starting to matter again in the NFL).

We have some very talented players on offense.   (Get well soon, Breece and AVT!)

It svcks that ZW hasn't lived up to expectations so far but I'm still not closing the book on that.  He's still talented and it's not out of the question that he can still figure things out.  Worst case, we go to a veteran.  There are likely going to be some good ones out there.

And despite the brutal loss that just knocked us into last place, we're still in the playoff hunt at 6-4.  This season is still going to be fun down the stretch.  And if we can make it into the playoffs (which we still have a real chance at), it'll be amazing!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I think many of you are not realizing just have a big a loss the injury to Breece Hall was to this team.  He WAS the team OFFENSIVE MVP as a rookie and was only getting better.  Our entire offense looked completely different with him back there.   He took alot of pressure off of Zach and was allowing him to develop at a slower pace.   Although our running game has been good without him, it is not the same.  He was such an all around weapon in both the run and pass game and a threat to score from any where on the field.    Plus the Cory Davis injury didn't help Zach at a time when he needed someone had developed a comfort level with.  None of this is to make excuses for Zachs putrid play, but I just wonder what this offense would be looking like right now with Hall and Davis.  

This

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The OP is getting hammered but there's a point here that is very valid.

When the team is talent-poor and sucks, it's easier to just shut down and not care about the results.

This team could very well be 8-2 right now and challenging KC for the # 1 seed in the AFC.  Except one guy is bringing the whole operation down, and instead we're now in last place in the division.

It's been an enjoyable season for sure, but it's also going to end up a "what might have been" season, much like the 2011 Jets that started 8-5.

And stop telling people to just be happy that the team is finally good for the first time in 13 years.  That really isn't enough.  When expectations are raised you don't accept mediocrity, which is exactly where we seem to be headed the rest of this season.  Playoffs?  Heh.  Kind of a sick joke to talk about that at the moment.

Why is talking about the playoffs "Kind of a sick joke to talk about that at the moment"?  We're still in the hunt at 6-4.  And we finally get an easier game this week (though it wouldn't have been had JiFields been healthy).

I agree that we should raise expectations this year though.  This team is talented to not just make it to the post-season, but to make plenty of noise once there.  Obviously QB is a very big question mark there.  I haven't given up on ZW but even if they switch to a backup, I still think Mike White is going to be a lot better than people think.  

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why is talking about the playoffs "Kind of a sick joke to talk about that at the moment"?  We're still in the hunt at 6-4.  And we finally get an easier game this week (though it wouldn't have been had JiFields been healthy).

I agree that we should raise expectations this year though.  This team is talented to not just make it to the post-season, but to make plenty of noise once there.  Obviously QB is a very big question mark there.  I haven't given up on ZW but even if they switch to a backup, I still think Mike White is going to be a lot better than people think.  

The team in uber young ... THe DC figured it out ... The OC has not.

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fields hasn’t been ruled out yet and I don’t consider this an “easy game”.

Even if it is an easy one, the remaining schedule after that has enough difficult games where you can’t count on the postseason.  Especially if Wilson is under center for most/all of them.  

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fields hasn’t been ruled out yet and I don’t consider this an “easy game”.

Even if it is an easy one, the remaining schedule after that has enough difficult games where you can’t count on the postseason.  Especially if Wilson is under center for most/all of them.  

If Fields is out you don't think this will be an easy game?

This has been the best season in a long time, also guys like Breece and AVT didn’t die… they’ll be back next year. The future is bright for this roster. The QB situation is annoying as it is the reason the jets always come up short. I think JD should have another crack at finding the guy. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

This has been the best season in a long time, also guys like Breece and AVT didn’t die… they’ll be back next year. The future is bright for this roster. The QB situation is annoying as it is the reason the jets always come up short. I think JD should have another crack at finding the guy. 

I mean imagine if Becton comes back too.

Think about Breece Hall behind AVT and Becton - holy sh*t

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Hopefully we can start having fun around here..

With Zach out - there should't be a whole lot of controversy around here - bur rather just this whole board pulling in one direction.

Boards thrive on conflict. As long as we have sports we will have endless pissing matches between men staring at screens, in between stabbing keyboards.