Fumble Recoveries

3 in 10 games! How is that possible for a D that us this good? It is the last piece of the puzzle for the D.

They really need to work on fumble awareness and diving ion he ball. I feel like there have been multiple instances of players not realizing the ball was out or running to the ball (to pick it up maybe?) rather than just diving on it.

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

3 in 10 games! How is that possible for a D that us this good? It is the last piece of the puzzle for the D.

They really need to work on fumble awareness and diving ion he ball. I feel like there have been multiple instances of players not realizing the ball was out or running to the ball (to pick it up maybe?) rather than just diving on it.

Not much to say about this except ... i agree.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I use to run a drill once a week in practice to try to be more ready for it- threw the ball in all different ways and directions to try to simulate odd bounces. Did it help? Not sure- it is an odd shaped ball.

But I have definitely noticed what everyone else has, very frustrating how the ball never seems to bounce their way.

Two strip sacks on Josh Allen and didn’t get either, seems every week they miss out.?‍♂️

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 6:46 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

Who are you? Rich Cimini?

7 and 4. Period.

51 minutes ago, rangerous said:

on the other hand they have quite a few ints.  i think the bigger stat is the turnover ratio.  i think the jets are solidly on the plus side.

Our INT takeaway rate this year is night and day vs. last year. Last year was putrid.

Our overall giveaway rate seems to be far lower than last year, though I haven't looked at stats to back this up. Possibly a knock-on effect of our run-heavy approach earlier this year; also having Zach throw it away and not fumble / throw stupid passes that get picked off has played a part. (Thank you Zach Wilson, thank you :D )