My theory of what’s going on

18 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

Selling low on an asset is usually a bad strategy. They gambled he could rebuild his value and lost but they still had two starting quality tackles plus Mitchell, without Becton. Injuries have killed the line.

an asset ??? ok.  I'm out

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I have a hard time believing that nobody is trying to correct Wilson's footwork. It's more likely that they spend extensive time on it and when he gets in the game and the bullets are flying he just forgets everything and reverts back to what he's done his entire life. I do think he studies hard and practices hard but I think the game is too fast for him to process what he's seeing post snap. What compounds that issue is that I don't think he's very good at diagnosing what's going on pre snap either. His football IQ in games is tremendously lower then I expected and I'm sure it's much lower then the organization expected by this time in his development. 

In this offense arm strength is the least needed trait, mental awareness and accuracy are way more important. He struggles in both of those things and I'm sure they've been working to improve him in those areas for 2 years,  it's just not clicking for him. 

The frustrating thing is that Wilson can and has played with better footwork so it is just a matter of being lazy. It is not like he was someone they needed to rebuild their footwork like Darnold

2 hours ago, LockeJET said:

When you have a quarterback that should absolutely not be playing, there isn’t a coordinator in the world that can help him. 

It’s his ******* job to develop him !!!

design the offense around him 

Factor in the opponent and weather  

make adjustments 

you know, coordinate things lol  

unfortunately I think what’s going on is 2 young guys that are a bad match  

lafleur could probably run the 9ers offense with jimmy g , Zach would look very different under any number of guys  

I think they’d where the wild inconsistency comes from 

15 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Some quarterbacks aren’t good enough to be developed. If that was the case, every single quarterback would be salvageable in the NFL.

unfortunately true. Sometimes you swing and miss.  First round QB bust rate - 40% (bleacher report)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2441018-which-positions-are-the-safest-riskiest-at-the-top-of-the-nfl-draft

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

How many ******* places do we need to argue the same points?  I don't believe any of this trolly sh*t.  Wilson was horrible.  Super horrible in both Pats games.  Let's see if he comes to life against a sh*tty Bears team.  If he is truly being a bitch about it, the way everybody claimed yesterday after the pressers, then they should bench him like they did with Moore.  

This board swaying back and forth from firing everybody to being scared they will be poached by other teams and back is exhausting. Pro tip:  Please put some humor in your silly trolling.

Will do Dom, thanks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Some facts 

- Moore and lefleur got into it before he requested a trade 

- Garrett Wilson’s comments post game seemed directed at the offensive game plan 

- Saleh yesterday said that he was late due to some personal issues going on with staff (hmmm) 

- When asked if changes would include a change at play caller Saleh sort of paused and didn’t definitively shut the door on that 

Wilson not being able to hit the backside of a barn aside, I think the big problem here is LeFleur 

I think the big problem here is you don't understand the game you're watching on TV.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, LockeJET said:

When you have a quarterback that should absolutely not be playing, there isn’t a coordinator in the world that can help him. 

Or he doesn’t know how to coach the psychological side of the game? The humans. I just think so far he’s too conservative, but maybe Z can’t handle the whole menu? I don’t know. None of us do. But ain’t we got fun! 

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I don't know what to think of Lafleur.  He has certainly not succeeded in bringing Wilson along, but is that on Lafleur or it on Wilson.

It is not Lafluer's fault that Zach chose to run rather than throw to a wide open Denzel Mims in the EZ in Q2 Sunday.  It is not Lafleur's fault that Zach sailed one 5 feet over Tyler Conklin's head into the arms of Devin McCourty who dropped it.  It is not Lafleur's fault that Wilson threw one into the ground 6 feet in front of an open Elijah Moore, past the sticks on a 3rd down throw.  It is not Lafleur's fault that Wilson did not throw to an open Moore past the sticks on the 3rd down play before the game ending punt.  It is not Lafleur's fault that Wilson sailed one 6-8 feet above Braxton Berrios' head in the flat.

I don't know if Lafluer is good or not because his QB has not been capable of consistently running an NFL offense. 

I didn’t see this of course, and in not seeing it NE’s D looked like the ‘85 Bears vs Wilson to me.  But I read a post here from someone who saw the All 22 and there were Jet receivers running wide open virtually all game.  Kid still can’t come close to reading an NFL D at this point or make adjustments.

NONE of that is on Mike LaFleur.  Very disconcerting with the #2 pick in the Nation, couple that with being back to missing throws average HS QBs make, Saleh has to have a quick hook every time he starts him.

3 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Some facts 

- Garrett Wilson’s comments post game seemed directed at the offensive game plan 

- Saleh yesterday said that he was late due to some personal issues going on with staff (hmmm) 

- When asked if changes would include a change at play caller Saleh sort of paused and didn’t definitively shut the door on that 

Wilson not being able to hit the backside of a barn aside, I think the big problem here is LeFleur 

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

4 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Some facts 

You gave yourself a post of the week for this?

Will Ferrell Loser GIF

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Coquito said:

How many times has Zach played lousy and yet the Jets still won?

How many times has Zach played lights out and the Jets still lost?

He’s never played lights out.

Its either ‘awful’ or ‘at least it wasn’t awful, but still bad’.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, hotrodcharlie said:

The frustrating thing is that Wilson can and has played with better footwork so it is just a matter of being lazy. It is not like he was someone they needed to rebuild their footwork like Darnold

I agree it’s frustrating…I went back and looked at the Buffalo game and his footwork was pretty good and consistent. He made quick decisions and delivered the ball mostly on target..like 75% completions. Weird

11 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Some facts 

facts

Season 4 Laugh GIF by The Office

11 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Some facts 

From what I saw in Kurt Warner's review of the tape, there were quite a few guys open. My assumption is that the scheme is getting guys open.

Zach hesitates, his feet are wrong, his eyes are not in the right place, and he can't spot the open guys (or he misses them due to points #2 and #3). Not sure how you address that from the OC...? Just hand off the ball all game and hope for the best? Oh wait, New England played tough against the run... 

If you don't even have the basics in your QB, doesn't matter who the OC is, you're pretty much cooked. And let's not talk about scheming to Zach's strengths as he hasn't really shown he has any consistently...

22 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Some facts 

You can’t just ignore this fact. The QB can’t hit his WRs in stride on short passes, can’t throw the ball in his WRs vicinity on deeper passes and his throwaways end up in defensive players hands. There’s not a coach on this planet that can succeed. The only issue here might be Mike telling Salah he can’t coach with Wilson starting and Salah telling him the mandate is from JD. Else we all know who needs to be benched. Salah watches the same game. It’s not like Zach has been fine on short passes but just can’t get over the line against good Ds. Just look at his completions. Some of the most “why the fudge” would you even throw this high” type of completions. It’s almost like Wilson needs a complete break from football. His mind is somewhere else. Maybe his moms best friend. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Some facts 

I don’t believe these are facts.

1: has this been verified? 

2: If comments “seem” to be anything,       then they are not facts, this is your interpretation.

3: Again, you are guessing. 

4: Again, you are guessing. 

You might even be correct in your guesses but nothing is a fact until it is verified. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

That’s because they know they don’t need the extra men in coverage, they can pack the box for run/blitz daring the kid to throw downfield 

13 personnel should get you something, go under the center and do a play action and hit a slant. You have the attitude of, oh well, they are stacking the box let's give up.

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

13 personnel should get you something, go under the center and do a play action and hit a slant. You have the attitude of, oh well, they are stacking the box let's give up.

I agree, but that is just it. Wilson can’t do that. His accuracy is so poor, and he can’t throw when pressure is in his face.