My theory of what’s going on

1 hour ago, the Claw said:

I don’t believe these are facts.

1: has this been verified? 

2: If comments “seem” to be anything,       then they are not facts, this is your interpretation.

3: Again, you are guessing. 

4: Again, you are guessing. 

You might even be correct in your guesses but nothing is a fact until it is verified. 

The truth hurts some times 

On 11/22/2022 at 9:50 AM, More Cowbell said:

Seriously, how can you even judge ML with Wilson playing this bad? It's  like trying to judge a formula one race car and putting your 90 year old grandmother behind the wheel. 

Watch Warner break down the film.  See the spacing issues, number of times the options are not open, the timing issues as to the first and second read and when those options open up.   Too many receivers running themselves and another receiver out of a pattern by getting too close.  If the QB setup is 5 seconds and the first option is open at 5, there is no time to hit that opening.  If the secondary option. on the opposite side,  opens at 8 seconds, there is no time to check the first option and get back to the second option in time.  The coordinator is responsible for the timing of the first and second option to present.  Having safety valves block caused several instances where they weren't in position before the protection broke down.  Would you run Carter up the middle and Robinson to the outside?

Zach missed plenty but you can see many plays where the problems I describe make it hard on the QB.  Orlovsky looks at the film and says, look, he's open.  If the QB is looking at the other side of the field, it's because the coordinator called a play for him to look there first.

Ask yourself, how many clean, open looks did Zach get while under constant pressure?  Jones completed 23, almost all wide open.  We have the best secondary in the game and their coordinator found consistent opportunities for open looks.  Ours didn't. 

Zach is a jerk for not taking responsibility.  Elijah Moore was a malcontent for questioning why he was never targeted.  Now Wilson seems to be concerned about calling something out during the week of practice.   How do you think a receiver feels when the spacing is wrong in practice and goes uncorrected?  Think they are happy when the game-plan freezes them out?  Lafleur put Moore out there two weeks in a row and refused to target him once.  Is it in the best interests of the team to play 10 on 11.  Bench him or use him.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

Watch Warner break down the film.  See the spacing issues, number of times the options are not open, the timing issues as to the first and second read and when those options open up.   Too many receivers running themselves and another receiver out of a pattern by getting too close.  If the QB setup is 5 seconds and the first option is open at 5, there is no time to hit that opening.  If the secondary option. on the opposite side,  opens at 8 seconds, there is no time to check the first option and get back to the second option in time.  The coordinator is responsible for the timing of the first and second option to present.  Having safety valves block caused several instances where they weren't in position before the protection broke down.  Would you run Carter up the middle and Robinson to the outside?

Zach missed plenty but you can see many plays where the problems I describe make it hard on the QB.  Orlovsky looks at the film and says, look, he's open.  If the QB is looking at the other side of the field, it's because the coordinator called a play for him to look there first.

Ask yourself, how many clean, open looks did Zach get while under constant pressure?  Jones completed 23, almost all wide open.  We have the best secondary in the game and their coordinator found consistent opportunities for open looks.  Ours didn't. 

Zach is a jerk for not taking responsibility.  Elijah Moore was a malcontent for questioning why he was never targeted.  Now Wilson seems to be concerned about calling something out during the week of practice.   How do you think a receiver feels when the spacing is wrong in practice and goes uncorrected?  Think they are happy when the game-plan freezes them out?  Lafleur put Moore out there two weeks in a row and refused to target him once.  Is it in the best interests of the team to play 10 on 11.  Bench him or use him.

There are other issues but Warner also concluded Zach made the wrong reads as well. He even said I don't  know what they are telling him as far as progresion. That is not ok. Some plays were blown up but enough times there were guys that were open that would have been sure TDs and he didn't  throw it. 

On 11/22/2022 at 9:50 AM, More Cowbell said:

Seriously, how can you even judge ML with Wilson playing this bad? It's  like trying to judge a formula one race car and putting your 90 year old grandmother behind the wheel. 

On 11/22/2022 at 10:13 AM, The Crusher said:

Not being able to hit the back side of a barn aside? The big problem is LeFleur? I sent my pet rock to kindergarten. Still can’t read. Teacher sucked! 

Perfect analogies gentlemen.   It is IMPOSSIBLE to evaluate MLF fairly with Zach on the field. 

MLF has had both harsh criticisms and gushing praises this season and last.  The one thing that is so obviously consistent throughout this time is that Zach Wilson can not throw the ball accurately on short, medium and most long passes.  He is not NFL caliber.  Worse, Zach Wilson has footwork that a high school coach should have corrected with ZERO signs of changing that.  ZERO. He is close to Hackenberg bad.

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2022 at 9:44 AM, SuicidalSince98 said:

Some facts 

- Moore and lefleur got into it before he requested a trade 

- Garrett Wilson’s comments post game seemed directed at the offensive game plan 

- Saleh yesterday said that he was late due to some personal issues going on with staff (hmmm) 

- When asked if changes would include a change at play caller Saleh sort of paused and didn’t definitively shut the door on that 

Wilson not being able to hit the backside of a barn aside, I think the big problem here is LeFleur 

LeFleur has nothing to do with Zac not being able to hit the backside of a barn.  Not saying he's doing the right things but he sure as sh*t doesn't have any impact on that.

On 11/22/2022 at 9:49 AM, mrcoops said:

I'm old enough to remember when MLF was a genius, and on the shortlist for future HC openings. I think it was around week 7 or 8.

I am old enough to remember when he was the worst OC that has even coached in the league - it was weeks 1-3 and the first half of last year.