Unfortunately the ridiculousness of NY has crushed Zach

AlexVanDyke

Cannot stress enough how stupid the scrutiny and reaction was after the first NE game.   A second year qb, playing from behind made a couple of bad throws.  The sky. Is falling the sky is falling; let’s crucify him incessantly. Than you wonder on a super windy game with no running game why he was so cautious.  

And now the scrutiny and criticism is on a totally outwordly level. I saw his upbringing is being brought into question.  What a joke.  Sadly I think he’s done.  It’s a shame; under normal human conditions I think he could have been really good.

can’t wait to see who the next guy we eviscerate is…Go Jets! 

• Upvote 13
  • Thumb Down 20
  • WTF? 5
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

NY is going to be a very tough place for a young QB to learn on the job.  You either have to hit on one of those guys that come in strong...or stop drafting them and just play the vet route.

QB's seem to move around more than they used to.  Just go all-in and get yourselves a vet you can win with and build a kick ass team around him.

Go get F-ing Carr.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Cannot stress enough how stupid the scrutiny and reaction was after the first NE game.   A second year qb, playing from behind made a couple of bad throws.  The sky. Is falling the sky is falling; let’s crucify him incessantly. Than you wonder on a super windy game with no running game why he was so cautious.  

And now the scrutiny and criticism is on a totally outwordly level. I saw his upbringing is being brought into question.  What a joke.  Sadly I think he’s done.  It’s a shame; under normal human conditions I think he could have been really good.

Zach was just a horrible pick. He wasn’t even good in college

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

The mistake was letting a project QB from BYU start day 1 and learn on the job....in all honesty he probably shouldn't even be on the field yet.   This relatively new phiosophy that every QB taken needs to start right away or be forced on the field is a poor one.   You can't blame NY or fans for a QB playing the position at a all time bad level.... this isn't just bad QB play this is comically bad QB play.

I agree 100%. He should have sat a year and held a clipboard. This year if he was ready he should have had a chance to compete for the starting job with a capable vet.

This was not ZW's fault, but the Jets organizations fault.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

You are right of course, but this city and fanbase has no patience at all and would rather tear things down for a different quick fix than stay the course.  I am not sure the book is written on Zach yet. Saleh could be using this as a shot across the bough, but him being so late to the conference yesterday suggests maybe they are going to make a change. Zach has faced a murderer's row of defenses and now that we will face much softer defenses they may make the change. 50% of this is on LaFleur at a minimum as well. People seem to also be clearly ignoring that we are 6-4 in very good measure because Zach has been quite good in the 4th quarter.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

NY is going to be a very tough place for a young QB to learn on the job.  You either have to hit on one of those guys that come in strong...or stop drafting them and just play the vet route.

QB's seem to move around more than they used to.  Just go all-in and get yourselves a vet you can win with and build a kick ass team around him.

Go get F-ing Carr.

In 2007 the NYG fan base was basically done with Eli Manning towards the end of the season. They had written him off and wanted to move on. It was his 4th season and he had a great running game, very good receivers and an elite defense. As we know they lucked into a playoff spot, got hot at the right time and now Eli Manning may be a HOF'er. 

I think its even worse with the NYJ.

In short, I don't think we can draft another young QB unless we get a HC/OC who legitimately knows what they are doing in selecting and developing a QB. We are stuck with the vet route from here on out.

I think Carr puts us in wild card hell for a few years, where we will be in it for a wild card for the next few years, but never a real threat for a home playoff game or to win a SB, but this is what the fan base wants at this point, they have been crystal clear on that.

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

You can't blame NY or fans for a QB playing the position at a all time bad level.... this isn't just bad QB play this is comically bad QB play.

Yup.  Since 2009, there have been 39 QBs who have started at least 20 games in their first two seasons.  After 20 games, Zach ranks 37th in passer rating, ahead of Blaine Gabbert and Geno Smith and behind guys like Brandon Weeden, Blake Bortles and Josh Freeman.

He is also 37th in completion %, 39th, dead last in TDs and TD percent, 33rd in yards per attempt, 22nd in yards per completion and 17th in Int %.  He could not make simple throws to open receivers from a claen pocket on Sunday.  He was just bad, and somehow it is out fault as fans for expecting competent play from the 2nd overall pick.

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 1

18 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Believe me, if Zach was on a crap team right now, no one would be talking about him. The only reason people are talking about him is because it's obvious the Jets are good team with a bad QB who potentially is a first round bust. 

This is a good point.  I think JD/Saleh expected this to be another "growth" year for the team where they could develop Zach while the team wins a few games on the road to nowhere.  The fact that they are this good this year caught them off guard and now they are scrambling to adjust...

Not gonna fault anyone for how they were raised. But Wilson has been a  spoiled pampered brat since birth. He was a total reach for a franchise that needed a QB desperately. Even if the Jets did him no favors, The Job is to stand up and be a man. He can't do that because he doesn't have the mental toughness. If he was a complete dick but had undeniable off the hook talent, you could overlook him being a questionable guy. 

And may be worse, he doesn't and never will have the talent. He's small, can't read defenses, doesn't feel the rush, can't hit open receivers.

This is an NFL football team,. not romper room. With a playoff berth for the taking, have a seat and give someone else a shot. 

9 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

In 2007 the NYG fan base was basically done with Eli Manning towards the end of the season. They had written him off and wanted to move on. It was his 4th season and he had a great running game, very good receivers and an elite defense. As we know they lucked into a playoff spot, got hot at the right time and now Eli Manning may be a HOF'er. 

I think its even worse with the NYJ.

In short, I don't think we can draft another young QB unless we get a HC/OC who legitimately knows what they are doing in selecting and developing a QB. We are stuck with the vet route from here on out.

I think Carr puts us in wild card hell for a few years, where we will be in it for a wild card for the next few years, but never a real threat for a home playoff game or to win a SB, but this is what the fan base wants at this point, they have been crystal clear on that.

This team is on target to make the playoffs with the worst QB of all times...

but a perennial 4k yards 25/5, 63% - 92 rating QB - is WC hell?

All I keep hearing is with below average QB play this team would be in first place in the most competitive division in all of football.  How would Carr keep us WC hell.

We can't it both ways here.

If we can land a 31 year old, top 10 QB - the Jets would be insane not to go all in on that - especially with this young, cheap roster right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Good to know, I thought it was all the incomplete passes lol.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You are right of course, but this city and fanbase has no patience at all and would rather tear things down for a different quick fix than stay the course.  I am not sure the book is written on Zach yet. Saleh could be using this as a shot across the bough, but him being so late to the conference yesterday suggests maybe they are going to make a change. Zach has faced a murderer's row of defenses and now that we will face much softer defenses they may make the change. 50% of this is on LaFleur at a minimum as well. People seem to also be clearly ignoring that we are 6-4 in very good measure because Zach has been quite good in the 4th quarter.

At the end of the day they have to pick up his fifth year option after his third year, right? So he's got under a season and a half to justify doing that. And I think that'd the kind of move a team makes for someone they think has shown signs they can win because of that player instead of just winning with him, because if they want to extend him they're 4xing his salary and which effectively reallocates 15% of the cap to that one player. The line between win with and win because of is pretty hard to diagnose, but we've seen much, much better on field results from guys like Goff and Wentz who ended up not being good enough to justify those contracts. The clock is ticking, it's just the nature of the economics of the sport and the importance of the position.

The bar is really high and he's just not getting there - it's being exacerbated because the rest of the team is ready to win right now. They're what, 5-3 with him? His best performances haven't been overwhelmingly impressive to the point that you're wondering if he's going to be a superstar based on his performance, and his worst performances have pretty much been games where even below average quarterback play probably would've let the team win because the defense was so good. It's been rough.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Nonsense.  His bad play has been his downfall.  If there is blame to be had other than Wilson's own awful performance, it is with JD and the Jets CS for starting a 1 year wonder college QB that was clearly a developmental project.  Like Mr. Miyagi said.  "No such thing as bad student.  Only bad teacher".