Unfortunately the ridiculousness of NY has crushed Zach

AlexVanDyke

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

NY is going to be a very tough place for a young QB to learn on the job.  You either have to hit on one of those guys that come in strong...or stop drafting them and just play the vet route.

QB's seem to move around more than they used to.  Just go all-in and get yourselves a vet you can win with and build a kick ass team around him.

Go get F-ing Carr.

Yeah I guess this is what I’m insinuating.  I am not saying Zach doesn’t deserve blame but the extremes of the criticism and the frequency is absurd.  I don’t care if the guy has bad footwork…but it’s absurd .  We have gone to a ridiculous extreme level.  Again the level of cristcsm after the last pats game was beyond ridiculous 

• Post of the Week 1

His upbringing was question by one guy. The overwhelming reaction to that take was “Booger is a buffoon”. Ignore the bad take by that one person. All other takes have been spot on. He’s been awful. He did not take responsibility for his bad play. He continues to be lazy with his footwork. The list goes on.

Good news.  He doesn't read any of it and none of us know what we're talking about anyway.

Relax bud..  they didn't cut him..  benching him may be the only thing that saves him.  I suspect he'll get another year to see if he can turn into a good qb.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Yeah I guess this is what I’m insinuating.  I am not saying Zach doesn’t deserve blame but the extremes of the criticism and the frequency is absurd.  I don’t care if the guy has bad footwork…but it’s absurd .  We have gone to a ridiculous extreme level.  Again the level of cristcsm after the last pats game was beyond ridiculous 

What is ridiculous is his answer to the question of letting the defense down. I could really try and stretch accepting his play on Sunday as another growth lesson - but that is about a 1% truth. When you follow that performance with the short no answer - you started to dig your grave.

Could he possibly overcome it - sure - but what has he possibly shown in the past 2 years that makes one even think that is a pipe dream?

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

What is ridiculous is his answer to the question of letting the defense down. I could really try and stretch accepting his play on Sunday as another growth lesson - but that is about a 1% truth. When you follow that performance with the short no answer - you started to dig your grave.

Could he possibly overcome it - sure - but what has he possibly shown in the past 2 years that makes one even think that is a pipe dream?

Completely blown out of proportion though.  What he was trying to do was not show weakness and portray confidence.  What if behind closed doors and said to the team I have to be better….is that ok?  Again I understand that in public people like accountability. But did he throw anyone under the bus?  No.  To me that would be the inexcusable sin.  Not what he said.

it’s kind of like the ghosts comment.  It was a stupid figure of speech that literally haunted and destroyed Sam Darnold.  Cimini literally printed that word every day for two months.  It’s ridiculous. If you think this franchise is snake bitten only because of bad luck or so many bad people, you are crazy.  This franchise gets eaten from the outside first and than from within…on ridiculous levels.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

NY is going to be a very tough place for a young QB to learn on the job.  

There's 'learning on the job' and there's 34th ranked QB in the NFL with horrid mechanics, no field vision, and makes some throws that would make Hackenburg blush.  If Zach Wilson performed as a mere adequate QB this season, no one would be crushing him.  He has the play makers.  Just look competent and play the part. Dude can't even do that. 

26 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If one more poster trots out the "QB X SUCKED FOR A BIT AT THE START so therefore WILSON WILL BE A HOFER"  BVLLSH!T, THEY NEED TO BE BANNED. We heard this all with Sanchez and Darnold. WE ALREADY LOOKED AT THAT DATA. Statistically Wilson will  probably still gonna end up with the Dave Browns, Jamarcus Russells, and Ryan Leafs in the graph. The vast majority of QBs who sucked continued to suck. 

You completely and utter missed the point, holly hell, but carry on with your nosnsense

1 hour ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Cannot stress enough how stupid the scrutiny and reaction was after the first NE game.   A second year qb, playing from behind made a couple of bad throws.  And now the scrutiny and criticism is on a totally outwordly level. I saw his upbringing is being brought into question.

Bullsh*t 

It's one very bad thing that Wilson had the physical performance he did on Sunday after a couple years in this league.

It's a worse thing that his make-up and character deficiencies tell him he doesn't have to own that performance. Not sure he can overcome that.

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

There's 'learning on the job' and there's 34th ranked QB in the NFL with horrid mechanics, no field vision, and makes some throws that would make Hackenburg blush.  If Zach Wilson performed as a mere adequate QB this season, no one would be crushing him.  He has the play makers.  Just look competent and play the part. Dude can't even do that. 

Sorry, just don't buy it.  Go back to last pre-season even....literally before the kid took an NFL snap and he was being absolutely lambasted for throwing INT's in practice.  It was insane what this kid had to deal with.

Look I'm not making excuses for him at this point - He's done here - that ship has sailed, but if I were a young QB it would be insane to agree to come to the Jets and no agent should ever allow a top 10 QB prospect to come to the NY Jets.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You completely and utter missed the point, holly hell, but carry on with your nosnsense

No, I didn't. Eli Manning was one of the very few QBs who got off to a rough start and ultimately turned it around. He is an outlier. We went through all this, twice in the past 2 decades. Have no idea how long you have been posting, but we heard the same stuff RE; Sanchez and then Darnold. And we looked at the data. The overwhelming trend is if a QB doesn't figure it out in the first few years, it's not gonna happen. Your only argument is somehow one day very soon Wilson,like Eli will turn it around. AGAIN though the trend is like those QBs who never got better, he will continiue to suck. And frankly I'm tired of anyone trotting out a wrong-headed argument. Essentiall you're saying The Suck is indicia that he'll get better. Data says that is not the case at all. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

No, I didn't. Eli Manning was one of the very few QBs who got off to a rough start and ultimately turned it around. He is an outlier. We went through all this, twice in the past 2 decades. Have no idea how long you have been posting, but we heard the same stuff RE; Sanchez and then Darnold. And we looked at the data. The overwhelming trend is if a QB doesn't figure it out in the first few years, it's not gonna happen. Your only argument is somehow one day very soon Wilson,like Eli will turn it around. AGAIN though the trend is like those QBs who never got better, he will continiue to suck. And frankly I'm tired of anyone trotting out a wrong-headed argument. Essentiall you're saying The Suck is indicia that he'll get better. Data says that is not the case at all. 

yes, you did, This had nothing at all to do with anyone turning anything around, and everything about the difficulty of being a young QB in NY, but carry on with your nonsense

57 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

NY is going to be a very tough place for a young QB to learn on the job.  You either have to hit on one of those guys that come in strong...or stop drafting them and just play the vet route.

QB's seem to move around more than they used to.  Just go all-in and get yourselves a vet you can win with and build a kick ass team around him.

Go get F-ing Carr.

I only wish I can like this post more than the little trophy I gave you. Bravo... Go get F-ING CARR!

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

yes, you did, This had nothing at all to do with anyone turning anything around, and everything about the difficulty of being a young QB in NY, but carry on with your nonsense

So your argument is NY specific; even more ridiculous. Eli Manning , rich kid he may have been, is not Zach Wilson. His dad had been an  NFL QB (since it wasn't an official stat, Archie Manning was arguably the most sacked QB in NFL historY). Again, Eli Manning and Zach Wilson have not a thing to do with each other. Eli had played in a real conference against NFL talent every week in the SEC, not some Mickey Mouse zero conference. 

Keep digging. What is your point? Other than WRONG!

2 hours ago, NJ said:

Bullsh*t 

It's one very bad thing that Wilson had the physical performance he did on Sunday after a couple years in this league.

It's a worse thing that his make-up and character deficiencies tell him he doesn't have to own that performance. Not sure he can overcome that.

This is more infamous than "You play to win the game" and Sanchez' butt fumble, but congrats Zach, you finally made it into the Jets Hall Of Shame. It wasn't so much his saying it, it was the punk ass way he said it and then walked away like he couldn't care less what the people who have "no idea what they're talking about" feel about it because he is so above them all and is untouchable. What a punk. Being a punk can be tolerated if you can back it up with something like a London Calling in your resume, but throwing a measly  4 TDs all season is like having Ant Music as your signature song  Somebody unplug the Zach box and do us all a favor

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

So your argument is NY specific; even more ridiculous. Eli Manning , rich kid he may have been, is not Zach Wilson. His dad had been an  NFL QB (since it wasn't an official stat, Archie Manning was arguably the most sacked QB in NFL historY). Again, Eli Manning and Zach Wilson have not a thing to do with each other. Eli had played in a real conference against NFL talent every week in the SEC, not some Mickey Mouse zero conference. 

Keep digging. What is your point? Other than WRONG!

holy hell are you dense brah, but why don't you get Max to ban me so I don't have to read nonsense you post anymore?

• Ugh 1

47 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This team is on target to make the playoffs with the worst QB of all times...

but a perennial 4k yards 25/5, 63% - 92 rating QB - is WC hell?

All I keep hearing is with below average QB play this team would be in first place in the most competitive division in all of football.  How would Carr keep us WC hell.

We can't it both ways here.

If we can land a 31 year old, top 10 QB - the Jets would be insane not to go all in on that - especially with this young, cheap roster right now.

I truly believe that derek carr will be the next mat stafford.  Leave an abomination of a franchise and win.  I am sure everything that is being said about Carr was the same thing they said about stafford with the lions, he left, he won it all.

I think Carr is that next player to do it.  Put Carr on this team and his 210 tds to 90 picks and 65% and this team is winning games, could win the division and should be more than 1 and done in the playoffs.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, usanyj said:

I truly believe that derek carr will be the next mat stafford.  Leave an abomination of a franchise and win.  I am sure everything that is being said about Carr was the same thing they said about stafford with the lions, he left, he won it all.

I think Carr is that next player to do it.  Put Carr on this team and his 210 tds to 90 picks and 65% and this team is winning games, could win the division and should be more than 1 and done in the playoffs.

Folks gotta remember his historical numbers are also heavily weighted by the previous GM making a mess around him.

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sorry, just don't buy it.  Go back to last pre-season even....literally before the kid took an NFL snap and he was being absolutely lambasted for throwing INT's in practice.  It was insane what this kid had to deal with.

Look I'm not making excuses for him at this point - He's done here - that ship has sailed, but if I were a young QB it would be insane to agree to come to the Jets and no agent should ever allow a top 10 QB prospect to come to the NY Jets.

He claims he doesn’t even read the papers or social media

So what is it exactly he’s had to “deal with”?

A softball question from Connor freaking Hughes in the media room?

There are kids starving on the streets.  War-torn countries.

I’m supposedly to feel sorry for a conceited douche making tens of millions to do a job he sucks at?

?‍♂️??

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

holy hell are you dense brah, but why don't you get Max to ban me so I don't have to read nonsense you post anymore?

Dense?

What is your point?

First, it's the "so so, specifically Eli Manning,  sucked, so therefore, Zach will improve"When it's explained Eli Manning is an outlier, and that we had throughly  (exahustively, never endingly) discussed the data as to QBs' career arcs on 2 prior occasions you then shift to Eli was a QB in NY. But again ELi is a very different guy with a different background and more challenging and impressive college career than Zach Wilson. 

Look, tired of posters grasping at thin reeds because we went through it twice already. You have eyeballs. Wilson stinks. He was a reach. it's not getting better. 

No hard feelings. 

27 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Didn’t we just beat Buffalo?? Wasn’t I just seeing “That’s my quarterback” everywhere? Isn’t he 5-2 as a starter? A lot of people have had it in for him over Mike White, or because he’s pretty or rich or because his pride was hurt and he said “no”. He’s never been the tough guy Jersey lunch pail guy you wanted. So now you’re trying to run him out of town.  I get the disappointment, but the intensity of it is definitely hardcore. Guess it kind of goes with how everything seems these days. Lots of anger, name calling, finger pointing, blaming, hate. Someone even called him “sociopathic” recently, not joking. I’m sure I’ll get the snowflake accusations. Truthfully, as far as the money and looks, some of you have been just pretty obviously jealous of the guy from the start. Has he sucked, yeah. Put White out there, whatever. Flacco, please no. I’d honestly rather see Streveler but I’m told he’s no good because … CFL. This fan base is rabid, and it’s not that admirable. Go Jets! I hope Zach shows us all. Be funny if Belechick made Brady out of him. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Dense?

What is your point?

First, it's the "so so, specifically Eli Manning,  sucked, so therefore, Zach will improve"When it's explained Eli Manning is an outlier, and that we had throughly  (exahustively, never endingly) discussed the data as to QBs' career arcs on 2 prior occasions you then shift to Eli was a QB in NY. But again ELi is a very different guy with a different background and more challenging and impressive college career than Zach Wilson. 

Look, tired of posters grasping at thin reeds because we went through it twice already. You have eyeballs. Wilson stinks. He was a reach. it's not getting better. 

No hard feelings. 

Holy hell dude, not going through this again, read the f'ng title of the thread

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

You know what’s worse than cancel culture in society right now? People blaming everyone except the person who should be blamed.

What's even worse is the "bothsides-isms" Yea well Zach might be struggling but Mike White SUCKS and they cite his one bad game against Buffalo while he has been given 20 games and the only bothsides that applies here stats-wise is that Zach Wilson is on pace to be the worst highly drafted quarterback bust since JaMarcus Russell back in 2007 When you are being compared to that guy, you are in elite company 

• Upvote 1