No one thinks ZW is getting benched

PorP

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Flacco sucks the most.  He's a statue and can't play without a red shirt on.  Doesn't matter if he can read the D and throw better.

Zach, White or Strev with their arms cut off and a basket on their chest to catch snaps would be better than Flacco.

There's 0 chance of any future with White, so starting him is a waste. Plus we saw him last year, and yeah, he sucked.

Strev would be fun.  Maybe even good enough to keep around for a while as the "change of pace" QB.

Zach?  Yup, he's a little brat.  In way over his head.  Horrible footwork n accuracy.  But mobile and gets wins vs non-Belichick defenses.

I'd likely start Zach, if he can't throw a pass to the flat, bench him for Strev.

All the QBs on this roster are better than Wilson besides maybe Strev.  When you are bottom of the barrel that’s just what it is.  

Flacco is a statue but he throws the ball 10x better than Zach.  Man still has more TDs than Zach and that’s truly sad.  Only 300 less yards in 4 less starts also.  

Mike White?  Well In his limited action, he only provided us with a 400 yard 3TD game showing what a competent QB can actually do in this offense.  

Strev is the real Unknown here but im literally willing to try anyone else than the Zach “bottom of the league in every statistical passing category” Wilson.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, PorP said:

Look at the stats,  you replied with emotion rather than fact.....

Here are a few facts....  MW with 1/2 the team we have right now was throwing 250ypg, 67% completion,  7.2 yards  per attempt and over 75 rating...

Maybe look at how that compares to the league this year....  and what we are actually starting. 

Wins are the most important stat.

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

When a general manager drafts a punter that dude needs to be excellent. Mann has been average to poor from the start.

Half those guys on the list are overrated. Carl Lawson for example missed a year. Herbig is a jag. Max Mitchell we are not really sure is a starter (and hurt). Breece hall is a stud who got hurt. Alot of jd picks and signings get hurt in fact. Zach wilson included. When Zach isn't sucking he's hurt 

So your entire defense is inaccuracy and injury...

The GM is responsible for acl's lol

1 hour ago, Vader said:

benching him isn't walking away. the all-or-nothing take is the fallacy.

ZW clearly needs to be coached as he's still a project. He was raw coming out and he's still raw esp with the injuries to him and the entire Offense. But if done right you keep him around until he develops into the guy that can come in off the bench, this year, next year, the year after...

the concept of sunk cost (and any competitive window) for all phases of the game -- O, D, ST, CS -- versus just for ZW is the reason the organization right now is thinking of putting the brakes on the ZW experiment.

There's too much invested and too much success over the entire team to justify any sunk-cost Zach Wilson homerism from the front office. 

I understand the “can’t be any worse than Zach” mindset about playing White, but the assumption that he’ll be some kind of season-saving savior seems far-fetched.  

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

All the QBs on this roster are better than Wilson besides maybe Strev.  When you are bottom of the barrel that’s just what it is.  

Flacco is a statue but he throws the ball 10x better than Zach.  Man still has more TDs than Zach and that’s truly sad.  Only 300 less yards in 4 less starts also.  

Mike White?  Well In his limited action, he only provided us with a 400 yard 3TD game showing what a competent QB can actually do in this offense.  

Strev is the real Unknown here but im literally willing to try anyone else than the Zach “bottom of the league in every statistical passing category” Wilson.  

Well at least we can agree on Strev.

Flacco is a strip-sack worry every pass play.

And White I think is best served as a #2 to finish a game if the starter goes down.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

This is just stupid and illogical.  Context of wins matter.  I can literally only point to 3 games in Zach’s 20 game career where I can say that maybe he’s played above average.  I can probably point to another 3 or 4 where I can say he’s played average.  The rest are below average or down right disastrous. 

Sanchez won also.  How did that work out?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

This is just stupid and illogical.  Context of wins matter.  I can literally only point to 3 games in Zach’s 20 game career where I can say that maybe he’s played above average.  I can probably point to another 3 or 4 where I can say he’s played average.  The rest are below average or down right disastrous. 

Sanchez won also.  How did that work out?

Pretty good while he was winning?

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I’m back to Zach getting a chance against the Bears. He’s been pummeled to the ground, defense hates him, everyone thinks he’s garbage, I’m sure he’s heard it all about accountability blabla. 
Here’s your chance to save your career with the Jets. 

Lol, you are just trying to save your user name….

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Totally agree... you just can't ignore individual contributions. 

What was zw's record with last year's Corp? 

Mw wasn't playing with this D, ST and receiver Corp,  rb Corp or TEs ... let's see what he's got with those improvements before we declare him as a suck.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Well at least we can agree on Strev.

Flacco is a strip-sack worry every pass play.

And White I think is best served as a #2 to finish a game if the starter goes down.

I don’t care what anyone says.  Mike White threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs in a game.   A thing unheard of in this part of town.  He should have had more than 2 games and a quarter to prove he could possibly lead a team but since we drafted this bitch we had to bench him.  

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm not sure the roster is all that sweet. They are playing over their heads. His best picks like avt and hall are hurt. Again they are 6-4 if that turns into 7-10 no one is going to say what a good genius jd is 

It all comes down to Zach. Joe Douglas pushed all in with Wilson they live and die in this town together 

Not happening. JD and Saleh will get a mulligan on ZW and MB because the team is much improved in talent and execution. We are all crying bcause ZW sucks and we seem to forget we are 6-4 and have a stud defense. Even if they miss the playoffs, they are headed in the best direction in a long, long time. We still need a QB.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I’m tired of the Mike White hate also.  He may suck I get that.  He had a horrible game against the Bills you won’t see me argue that. He also had one of the best Jets QB games of all time and also had a good quarter before he got injured in the Colts game.  I truly think he deserves another game or two to see what he has.  He’s definitely better than Wilson that’s for sure.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I’m back to Zach getting a chance against the Bears. He’s been pummeled to the ground, defense hates him, everyone thinks he’s garbage, I’m sure he’s heard it all about accountability blabla. 
Here’s your chance to save your career with the Jets. 

While I’m losing all faith in Zack Wilson…you’re not wrong.

If you’re better than what everyone is saying then this is your shot to show it.

Unfortunately, I think he’s benched by halftime.

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

I’m tired of the Mike White hate also.  He may suck I get that.  He had a horrible game against the Bills you won’t see me argue that. He also had one of the best Jets QB games of all time and also had a good quarter before he got injured in the Colts game.  I truly think he deserves another game or two to see what he has.  He’s definitely better than Wilson that’s for sure.  

Pocket presence, accuracy, throwing with anticipation, seemingly understands the playbook and route concepts.

If White or Flacco started both games against NE we’d be 8-2.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

While I’m losing all faith in Zack Wilson…you’re not wrong.

If you’re better than what everyone is saying then this is your shot to show it.

Unfortunately, I think he’s benched by halftime.

He’s not better.  He’s worse than everyone is saying.  We hitched our team to a pro day wonder boy who played one good season against guys who are selling insurance right now.  

FWIW, Cimini said today on his pod that his original belief was that Zach wouldn’t get benched, but information he’s gained since then leads him to believe it’s very possible. According to Rich, Zach’s “attitude” has been an issue inside the building for multiple weeks now. 
It showed publicly when he first got snippy with reporters after the last Pat's game.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure the roster is all that sweet. They are playing over their heads. His best picks like avt and hall are hurt. Again they are 6-4 if that turns into 7-10 no one is going to say what a good genius jd is 
It all comes down to Zach. Joe Douglas pushed all in with Wilson they live and die in this town together 

Is this a serious take or a practical joke? The board understands you hate Zach Wilson, but JD is not going down with him if that happens. His HC selection looks legit, multiple rookies have won rookie of the week and are playing lights out. Sauce may be the best player taken in the draft and the other guys are pretty good themselves. The defense is top 5 in the NFL and the team is still in the thick of a playoff run.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Joe Douglas is in year 4 of his 6 year deal. 2 more to go and most general managers don't exist on 1 year lame duck deals.

The question isn't really will woody fire him but will woody extend him? If year 6 rolls around and the Jets are picking high again and Zach is a bust there's a very real chance woody lets someone else make that draft pick. Other than Zach being good, the only scenario that jd earns an extension is if he finds a franchise qb somewhere else before year 6 ends 

Wrong.  He signs a vet next year.  No playoffs next year and he is gone. 

8 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

The team loves Mike White and he’s a grinder, which the team could use at QB right now. The Bears are going to score zero points on Sunday if Fields doesn’t play. There’s no downside to playing White while Zach gets his sh*t together. The real crime would be playing Flacco and wasting everybody’s time.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The team loves Mike White and he’s a grinder, which the team could use at QB right now. The Bears are going to score zero points on Sunday if Fields doesn’t play. There’s no downside to playing White while Zach gets his sh*t together. The real crime would be playing Flacco and wasting everybody’s time.

I truly hope they start White.  I believe they realize behind closed doors they drafted a project QB #2 and they made a mistake.  I hope they come to their senses and let White start to see what they have in him.  If many of us here see that Zach doesn’t have it or is possibly not ready and needs more development then I hope the coaching staff does also.  

i just can’t believe that the people at 1JD are looking at the stats, metrics, film and saying that we have to keep this kid in while we are in the midst of a playoff run.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No, he couldn't do that, he wouldn't do that would he? I want Mike White to be given the exact same shot that Wilson has been given 20 games, if he sucks, then I'm wrong and I'll admit it to everyone here. I think he's a better option than Wilson and Flacco and the guys who want to say Streveler please, OK, just please

The threat of Zach's mobility and arm won the Jets 5 games this season, beating some decent/good teams, and only losing to BB and the Patriots 2x which is a terrible match up for him and the Jets, regardless of how the Patriots are otherwise playing.   Other than when playing the Patriots, everyone agreed, even if Zach's statistics stunk, that the Jets were a better team with Zach at QB than with Flacco or White.

I think the bigger issue with Zach Wilson now is his mental state and attitude.

Is he a bad QB?  Yes.  But all in likely better than the others.   At least until he lays an egg against a bad defense.

Like with Sanchez, would the Jets have a winning record once we have to pay Zach Wilson real money?  Nope.  He needs to be replaced.  But if he has his head screwed on straight I think he offers the best chance to beat the Bears.  There is no doubt in my mind that he will be benched, pre or mid game, this season, at least once, and that there will be real competition next year. 

But I think it is probably up to Zach whether he starts this week.  After that?  Who knows. 

• Doh! 1

No, he couldn't do that, he wouldn't do that would he? I want Mike White to be given the exact same shot that Wilson has been given 20 games, if he sucks, then I'm wrong and I'll admit it to everyone here. I think he's a better option than Wilson and Flacco and the guys who want to say Streveler please, OK, just please

What happens if Mike White starts Sunday and throws a bunch of picks and loses the game? Also, just curious what makes Mike White better than Zach Wilson? And why in the world would the Jets give Mike White 20 games to showcase his skills? What has he done (outside of one game) to deserve that opportunity? You realize that your referencing a professional team (Worth 5 Billion dollars) in the biggest market starting an unproven guy several games and for what reason? Yes, Zach played beyond awful against the Pats, but come on now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

The threat of Zach's mobility and arm won the Jets 5 games this season, beating some decent/good teams, and only losing to BB and the Patriots 2x which is a terrible match up for him and the Jets, regardless of how the Patriots are otherwise playing.   Other than when playing the Patriots, everyone agreed, even if Zach's statistics stunk, that the Jets were a better team with Zach at QB than with Flacco or White.

Is he a bad QB?  Yes.  But all in likely better than the others.   At least until he lays an egg against a bad defense.

Like with Sanchez, would the Jets have a winning record once we have to pay Zach Wilson real money?  Nope.  He needs to be replaced.  But if he has his head screwed on straight I think he offers the best chance to beat the Bears.  There is no doubt in my mind that he will be benched, pre or mid game, this season, at least once, and that there will be real competition next year. 

But I think it is probably up to Zach whether he starts this week.  After that?  Who knows. 

This is just wrong on so many levels.  Nobody agrees with what you’re saying.  The Jets are not a better team with Zach at QB.  How can they be a better team when Zach is last in the league at everything passing?  Deep ball?  Last.  Intermediate? Last.  Short?  Last.  

There is no threat of Zach’s arm because it’s he hasn’t shown it.  His mobility?  It’s pretty average in todays NFL.  

Sorry to say but you just spouted out a bunch of nonsense.  

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

When a general manager drafts a punter that dude needs to be excellent. Mann has been average to poor from the start.

Half those guys on the list are overrated. Carl Lawson for example missed a year. Herbig is a jag. Max Mitchell we are not really sure is a starter (and hurt). Breece hall is a stud who got hurt. Alot of jd picks and signings get hurt in fact. Zach wilson included. When Zach isn't sucking he's hurt 

A punter that was drafted in what, the 6th-7th round? That's not major my guy lol.

Herbig has been far from a jag. He's been on par with AVT at guard. I can venture that not having him in the Pats game hurt the running game, he's been a beast there. 

The point is, JD has built this roster to the point where he can select another QB. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

Tell me more about how Zach Wilson’s arm won 5 games for the Jets.  

• Haha 1