No one thinks ZW is getting benched

PorP

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

This is just wrong on so many levels.  Nobody agrees with what you’re saying.  The Jets are not a better team with Zach at QB.  How can they be a better team when Zach is last in the league at everything passing?  Deep ball?  Last.  Intermediate? Last.  Short?  Last.  

There is no threat of Zach’s arm because it’s he hasn’t shown it.  His mobility?  It’s pretty average in todays NFL.  

Sorry to say but you just spouted out a bunch of nonsense.  

I don't like the way Zach Wilson is acting, or the way he plays QB. 

But the Jets were 1-2 without Zach Wilson.  They are 5-2 with Zach Wilson, and playing meaningful games in December.  When was the last time the Jets played meaningful games in December. 

We don't see what the coaches see.  If they think another of the QBs can run this offense better than Wilson, overall, they should do it.  

I don't think its Flacco.  Its White, maybe Streveler.  

• Upvote 1

A punter that was drafted in what, the 6th-7th round? That's not major my guy lol.
Herbig has been far from a jag. He's been on par with AVT at guard. I can venture that not having him in the Pats game hurt the running game, he's been a beast there. 
The point is, JD has built this roster to the point where he can select another QB. 

Agreed, and JD has built a foundation of core guys to move forward with. I trust JD, at seasons end, will sit down with all decision makers and proceed forward with a plan of action for all positions including QB. This place is turning into comic relief with some posters takes, you just make this stuff up. The Jets are still 6-4 and in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Just now, varjet said:

I don't like the way Zach Wilson is acting, or the way he plays QB. 

But the Jets were 1-2 without Zach Wilson.  They are 5-2 with Zach Wilson, and playing meaningful games in December.  When was the last time the Jets played meaningful games in December. 

We don't see what the coaches see.  If they think another of the QBs can run this offense better than Wilson, overall, they should do it.  

I don't think its Flacco.  Its White, maybe Streveler.  

Tbh they are 1-2 with Flacco because the defense were not playing they way they are playing the first 3 games with Flacco.  The defense picked it up when Zach came back.  There’s nothing about Zach’s play that won us any of those games.  Flacco or White could’ve done the same thing on that field that Zach did.  

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I’m tired of the Mike White hate also.  He may suck I get that.  He had a horrible game against the Bills you won’t see me argue that. He also had one of the best Jets QB games of all time and also had a good quarter before he got injured in the Colts game.  I truly think he deserves another game or two to see what he has.  He’s definitely better than Wilson that’s for sure.  

Agree. This shouldn’t be that complicated. Bench vanilla Jamarcus and play the guy who had a hall of fame performance in his first start. 

• Upvote 1

What Richard said is what should happen but these are the Jets and we know they won't happen. Zachey boy will start and the Jets will probably beat them handily and Zach will once again walk around like he's BMOC, but no Mike White SHOULD get the start because as far as I am concerned and as far as I can see this guy is done. he sucks. Let's give the next man up a chance, the SAME chance that the punk was given, give White 20 games and if he can win, he's the Jets QB going forward. I believe Mike White can become  a solid starter in the NFL. I do NOT think that Zach Wilson will even be in the league in a couple of years.
You sir ... Are wrong

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, PorP said:

Totally agree... you just can't ignore individual contributions. 

What was zw's record with last year's Corp? 

Mw wasn't playing with this D, ST and receiver Corp,  rb Corp or TEs ... let's see what he's got with those improvements before we declare him as a suck.

Fair point.  Ok I'm down with White.

But still would like to see Strev get a chance.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Wrong.  He signs a vet next year.  No playoffs next year and he is gone. 

People said that I was wrong about Zach being terrible too 

When I hear "your wrong" what people really mean is "you've struck a nerve, let's not talk about this unpleasant possibility anymore" 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Charlie Murphy Laugh GIF

Look it all comes down to Zach. If you miss on qb at 2 overall no one is going to let you pick another QB that high again. I don't make the rules 

Lol, use that laughing gif on yourself if you think Herbig has been a jag. Your posts lately warrant that gif anyway.

And no one said picking a QB high. It could be the vet route. Jets won't be picking that high anyway. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Charlie Murphy Laugh GIF

Look it all comes down to Zach. If you miss on qb at 2 overall no one is going to let you pick another QB that high again. I don't make the rules 

Man you don't understand the rules either... literally... no one effing cares.... please tell me all about all the #2 draft picks that are hof versus bust. 

We pay so much more attention to #2 draft pick over SB rings (sarcasm) 5 years from now... you'll remember Zach and the rest of the world will remember the SB winners. 

If JD and Saleh win is a SB.... no one will care about Zach or your opinion. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PorP said:

I watched probably 10 shows and maybe 30 hosts on this topic.  Kyle brandt was the only one all day today who thought Mike White would start Sunday. 

IDK, I know Saleh is into the seals and I know thier leadership mantra is praise in public,  reprimand in private along with keep all problems possible in house. 

It wasn't an emotional response because that response was "is furthest thing from my mind".

Rich Eisen equated it to a warning but I simply don't see the value in that warning being public versus in house. It just doesn't mean more public versus the HC threatening to bench you in his office.  

I think there is a good chance we saw ZW for the last time.... save some type of faux QB competition ZW "wins" this week. 

Outside of that I can't find value in making this public and then starting him anyway. It puts negative spotlight on the locker room you know Saleh doesn't want. 

you didn't watch that many cause i saw a bunch say he should be benched

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

you didn't watch that many cause i saw a bunch say he should be benched

That's goofy..  maybe we watched different stations but for you to claim I didn't watch that many without proof is pretty arrogant.... n other stuff. 

I didn't pull 10 out of air...

• WTF? 1

47 minutes ago, bitonti said:

When I hear "your wrong" what people really mean is "you've struck a nerve, let's not talk about this unpleasant possibility anymore" 

wrong

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I don’t care what anyone says.  Mike White threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs in a game.   A thing unheard of in this part of town.  He should have had more than 2 games and a quarter to prove he could possibly lead a team but since we drafted this bitch we had to bench him.  

Zach has no sense of responsibility.  He had his chance and he whiffed.  Move on.  We keep him in there at starter and it just this:

• Upvote 1

My opinion is Zach starts this week but if he has the same type of performance against a pretty poor Chicago Bears defense  he doesn’t get to finish the game then true QB controversy starts and Zachs days will be numbered if they aren’t already 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, CSNY said:

My opinion is Zach starts this week but if he has the same type of performance against a pretty poor Chicago Bears defense  he doesn’t get to finish the game then true QB controversy starts and Zachs days will be numbered if they aren’t already 

I agree that he'll start (though if he doesn't, I have faith in Mike White) but be put on a short leash if he stinks things up again.

But I'm not even that worried about it.  I think he'll play much better this week (if he does end up getting the start).  

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree that he'll start (though if he doesn't, I have faith in Mike White) but be put on a short leash if he stinks things up again.

But I'm not even that worried about it.  I think he'll play much better this week (if he does end up getting the start).  

Normally after a putrid performance like that by any other QUARTERBACK I would say yes You would think he will play better as he cannot play any worse, but dam Tuscany, he just might be to far gone. Don’t have confidence that he bounces back especially after his comments and the reaction from his teammates He just might have lost the room 

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

Saleh works for JD. If Zach fails jd gets fired and the new gm will want his own coach. 

Salah is 6-4 with the worst QB in the league. and turned the worst defense into the best. JD provided those players. nobody is getting fired for Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, Cimini said today on his pod that his original belief was that Zach wouldn’t get benched, but information he’s gained since then leads him to believe it’s very possible. According to Rich, Zach’s “attitude” has been an issue inside the building for multiple weeks now. 

I think this Kid is done.  You can tell he has pretty much lost the locker room.  It’s NY and he just committed a Cardinal Sin, he is Not Stand Up.  Wouldn’t own even a piece of his last brutal game.  When his teammates see the All 22 and all the wide open receivers he missed seeing they’re going to say out loud, even more, “What are we doing here?  How long does this last?”.  Saleh I think is playing it the right way, being as low key as possible and political because he doesn’t want a mutiny.

I still think that Wilson has the most arm talent seen these parts since Namath, but it’s worthless, can’t read D’s, won’t adjust his game (the one time he does, he played as well as possible vs Buffalo), and now he’s back to being ridiculously inaccurate.

I think he starts Sunday vs Chicago.  1st INT or 2 consecutive 3 and Outs and Saleh yanks him.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

you have so many hot takes that of course you are going to get a couple correct.  it's just basic math and probability.

how is anyone suppose to take your analysis seriously when you sprinkle excellent analysis with nutty comments?

:-)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

Charlie Murphy Laugh GIF

we have won 6 games.  even in your 7 win scenario we aren't picking high up.

how many wins did you have them doing in your pre-season mock?

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

You sir ... Are wrong

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I very well may be, but neither I, or even an expert like yourself know this to be a fact. What we DO know is this; Statistically Zach Wilson is the worst starting QB in the league. Statistically. We also know he can't even complete a WR screen pass-not just once has this happened, it's been more times than I care to look back and count. We also know he has digressed and with 20 games under his belt and he's thrown a grand total of 8 TD passes, only 4 this year.  I saw Mike White go 20-32 with a TD  and 202 yards against the Pats in his first game last year. In his next vs the Bengals he was  37-45 405 yards 3 TDs  and then in his next game before he got hurt he was 7-11 w/ a TD and 95 yards his replacement Josh Johnson came in and playing in the same system as Zach Wilson plays in goes 27-41 317 yards and 3 TDs next game against the Bills in a game the Zachey fans love to bring up Mike White still went 24-44 251 yards  to go along w/his 4 INTs. So now it's Joe Flaccos turn in MLF's same offensive system what does he do in his first game? 24-39 291 2 TDs The next week Wilson comes back and what happens?  the yardage production drops by half 14-24 145 0 TDs  1 INT then all told the rest of the year he throws 5 TDs Throwing TDs is the QBs job if a guy is throwing TDs the team has a chance to win, Wilson is not giving this great Jets Defense any support. It's not the wind, it's not the system it is all about a sh!tty quarterback, who isn't as good as Flacco, isn't as good as Mike White, and probably isn't even as good as Future UPS Driver Bowl MVP Chris Streveler.

Here's what your boy has done so far this year and I pray it's the last stats I have to cite from him. This team and these receivers and all the other offensive players who have been showing frustration on the field and yelling in the coach's ears on the sidelines have to worry about. And even though Mike White is not going to be as sharp as if he had a few games under his belt I do know that when I was begging Wilson to JUST COMPLETE A PASS in the 2nd half on Sunday he could not even do that. UNACCEPTABLE

1978188189_ScreenShot2022-11-23at8_13_42AM.thumb.jpg.1779e790437203784ad1ce2ff672bfc3.jpg

17 hours ago, AFJF said:

He's going to start for sure.  But this is Saleh putting him on notice.  No more kid gloves and if you continue to play like trash, we're going to let you watch from the sidelines for a little bit.  It's a big step in the right direction.  First time Zach is going to have to perform to keep his job.  Tip of the cap to Saleh.

What I meant to say is he definitely won't be starting and probably won't even be active.  Man, I hate autocorrect.

• Haha 1