Sammy boy is back in the saddle.....

Beerfish

What happened on Sunday during one of the Jets' worse losses of this season, of any season, was a new low for this franchise that can't find a quarterback. It wasn't that New York just lost to Miami, 23-3, it was how they lost, setting a near record for quarterback ineptitude.

Geno Smith, much like Sanchez, will get the blame—and in many ways he should. There's putrid, then that slimy stuff that coats the walls of subterranean caves, and then the play of Smith. He was benched at halftime for inefficiency that may have been worse than anything we saw from Sanchez.

Smith was 4-of-10 for 29 yards and an interception. He had a quarterback rating of 8.3. Coincidentally, that was the blood-alcohol content of every Jets fan after watching Smith.

Smith is yet another example of how in 21st-century football, where the NFL makes it easier than ever to have good quarterback play, the Jets still can't find a good quarterback. No matter how many breadcrumbs the NFL puts out, the Jets remain lost when it comes to pass throwers. I think this will eventually be Rex Ryan's undoing in New York. 

Smith has one touchdown and 11 interceptions in his last seven games. He does not resemble the cocky kid I saw in New York during the draft. Smith is visibly shaken. There's no confidence. His mind is a tub of goo. And this is where the blame on Smith should end and the blame should begin for Ryan and the Jets front office.

• Upvote 1

Interesting. Here's the thing: Mark Sanchez who wants back in, Geno Smith, Sam Darnold, and Baker Mayfield will all be available next year. yes, all four of them. If Joe Douglas has ANY ball sack, he'll get all four of them in here for a Jets Reunion and to compete with each other and with Zack the MILF killer Wilson. Heck, Throw Mike White and The Strev in there too.

If this happens, who comes out on top?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Interesting. Here's the thing: Mark Sanchez who wants back in, Geno Smith, Sam Darnold, and Baker Mayfield will all be available next year. yes, all four of them. If Joe Douglas has ANY ball sack, he'll get all four of them in here for a Jets Reunion and to compete with each other and with Zack the MILF killer Wilson. Heck, Throw Mike White and The Strev in there too.

That would be insane. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, FootballLove said:

In truth right now Geno Smith is by far the best right now but he goes back to Seattle if he keeps playing as he has.  

Then Mark Sanchez would be next he actually got half way decent as far as knowing the game went when he retired.  

Then would be Sam Darnold who is suffering PSTD at this point and probably IMO he should sit for another year ON A GOOD TEAM and if Smith can come back so can he. I have no problem however if he is one of the back ups here. He never wanted to leave the Jets and would be a serviceable QB on a good team like the Jets. 

Baker Mayfield, whom I liked is finished right now and needs down time, he couldn’t do well in Cleveland in that media and he would be destroyed here in New York. 

At the end of the day I think you bring in a Gardner Minshew or someone like that to compete with Zach and then let the chips fall where they may. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Good for Sam. I hope he makes the most of this shot. He is running out of time. Always liked him though, good kid.

His numbers over the first two seasons here would have us feeling great about Zach Wilson. Scary stuff.

Here is the thing about that last part. The only real problem with Sam was his turnovers. I never saw Sam bail on the pocket,  consistently  over throw guys or dirt balls and he had a much worse OL than what we have now. I don't even think those OL are starters or in the league anymore.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Truth be told.  If we have no option in the draft and we can’t get someone likE Garrapolo and Carr in the off-season then I have no problem bringing in Sam during the off-season to compete.  I think he may be average with the talent here now and that’s all we need at the moment.  

Look, I was one of the biggest Sam supporters  on this board but bringing him in at this point would be a wasted roster spot. Sam is a backup at best for a team aspiring for playoffs. Right now on The Panthers, he is a place holder until they draft someone next season. We need to make a move like JG. I really don't  even want Carr. Carr has had a lot of talent around him and is still a middle of the pack guy. JG went to a SB not long ago. 

19 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth right now Geno Smith is by far the best right now but he goes back to Seattle if he keeps playing as he has.  

Then Mark Sanchez would be next he actually got half way decent as far as knowing the game went when he retired.  

Then would be Sam Darnold who is suffering PSTD at this point and probably IMO he should sit for another year ON A GOOD TEAM and if Smith can come back so can he. I have no problem however if he is one of the back ups here. He never wanted to leave the Jets and would be a serviceable QB on a good team like the Jets. 

Baker Mayfield, whom I liked is finished right now and needs down time, he couldn’t do well in Cleveland in that media and he would be destroyed here in New York. 

At the end of the day I think you bring in a Gardner Minshew or someone like that to compete with Zach and then let the chips fall where they may. 

lets hope its a real competition cause there is no way i believe Zach is the best QB on this roster. they gave it to him. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Here is the thing about that last part. The only real problem with Sam was his turnovers. I never saw Sam bail on the pocket,  consistently  over throw guys or dirt balls and he had a much worse OL than what we have now. I don't even think those OL are starters or in the league anymore.  

Darnold developed horrible habits here, no QB coach, no skill position players here and pressing to make plays. 

I know that this is not popular but if Sam was on this team as a rookie he would have had a fighting chance here as a QB. 

Finally I don’t post this often for obvious reasons, but the Ghost Game that folks are so quick to place on Darnold was the epitome of stupid Gase coaching. 

In that game, Darnold obviously confused and befuddled comes out after the second pick and goes over to Gase and immediately says….. “I am confused, I am seeing Ghosts (meaning I can’t figure out the coverage).  That is what he was saying, that he couldn’t figure out what the Patriots we’re running and hence he was making decisions based on guys not being in positions he thought that they would be.  At the end of the day, to me nothing wrong with that, if you are confused about what is going on out there you have to ask!!

However it was the answer that was asinine, Gase says to an admittedly confused Darnold with a poor OL and no great skill position players on which to lean “you know what to do, just go out and play!” 

Well no moron, Sam didn’t know what to do, if he did he wouldn’t be asking you!

Then Sam goes on to throw more INTs and becomes another in a long list of Jet joke lines. 

Sam was not good here but he was not the no talent bum that some make him out to be. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

The more I read these posts, and watch so many other qb's, the harder it is to imagine that we can't find a halfway competent qb... just 2:1 td to int ratio and 250 yards for the next 10 years... nothing special

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Gardner Minshew!!!

That is all….

7 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Mrs. Wilson's BFF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, frankiepapa said:

The more I read these posts, and watch so many other qb's, the harder it is to imagine that we can't find a halfway competent qb... just 2:1 td to int ratio and 250 yards for the next 10 years... nothing special

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

With a board that sh*ts on the idea of guys like Derek Carr and Kirk Cousins?  That would never be enough!

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Darnold to start the next game for the Panthers.

With a strong showing he jumps to the front of the line of QBs the Jets should sign next year.

s-l1600.jpg

We ruined that guy. He may not have decent in the league if not for Bowles and Gase...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

PJ Walker is the best QB on their roster at the moment.  He deserves a few more starts this year.  

I don;t know I thought he was as well but he had a couple of horrible games.  I am pretty sure he got hurt though, at least he was before Faker took over from him.

• Upvote 1