14 seconds on Zach Wilson; where do you stand?

Maxman

3 hours ago, CSNY said:

I am not as upset at Zachs poor play rather the fact that he doesn’t think he didn’t deserve any criticism about his abysmal play which is a reflection on his personality which appears to be a me First narcissistic one That’s not how a you get respect in the locker room which is why he is a goner. 

Did you watch the interview? Just curios. Because Saleh made a point in his presser (where he said 'all options are on the table') to point out that Zach is a good leader, has good character and I think he threw in something like- he just loves to play football. Zach has always said 'the right thing' and handled himself well with the media.

He was named team Captain- both seasons if I'm not mistaken. Teammates have always had his back and supported him- despite being a rookie who pretty much got the starting gig handed to him. Despite struggling his first year. Despite leading the team to a bad record his first year. The team has rallied around him so far this year despite underwhelming play. They know they can win with him. Just a couple of weeks ago (their last game prior to the Pats debacle) the whole team celebrated an incredible team performance and win against the Bills. This included Zach playing really well.  

Back to the interview. Zach stood there, he was clearly upset but cool, calm and collected, went over every question and explained himself, explained what happened, gave some typical canned answers- nothing special. You could tell he just wanted to get out of there- as you would after a gut wrenching loss where you played like s**t. At the very end, the last question the reporter throws out there is do you think you let your defense down. Zach quickly blurts out 'no' and gets out of there. 

THIS is what the media jumped all over. Could Zach have used this as an opportunity to put the blame on himself and take accountability and stand there for another 15minutes talking about how poorly he played. Sure. Was it the wrong thing to say. Yes. But to me, this was completely innocent and has nothing to do with his personality or reflection of character. When you watch the interview it looks like he is just on autopilot answering the reporters and he didn't even fully process the last question before answering it. He just said the wrong thing because he wanted to gtfo of the interview and head back to the locker room. 

Its one thing for the media to jump all over him for this kind of thing. Its their job to blow things like this up. But for fans to do it and use it as leverage to bench him- at least after actually seeing the video, TO ME seems petty. 

Zachs biggest problem is his on field play and how that has hurt himself and his team. Not his leadership, character or personality (and no I don't know him but I'm going off what others have said about him).   

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Oh, it’s all the OCo’s fault.

And you want him to go to the Pats eh?

And be a star there?

Combine this take with your take yesterday that no Zach means you won’t even watch the Jets, and one has to wonder if you’re just here for Zach and Zach alone…

Ive been a fan of this pathetic franchise since '79 ... so no i dont think that is the case.

Zach needs a mental game off. If he starts this week and throws an incomplete pass or goes 3 and out the stadium will be calling for his head. So what does Saleh do now. He will need to bring in White anyway. Might as well start White and if he struggles put Zach in.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wanting our bust QB to "go to the Pats" and "become a stud" seems a rather unusual wish for a Jets Fan since 79'

Its a Karma thing ... if the Jets give up an a talent like that after 1.5 years ... and he goes to another franchise and flourishes ... good on him.

I WAS for giving him the season (and maybe longer) to prove himself, but that was before his poor attitiude came to light.

He has shown little if any improvement since last season and still has a long way to go before he is even a competent QB. Yet, by virtue of his recent comments, he seems to believe he has no issues. If he doesn't realize he has  problems, then how can he possibly correct them???

I would continue through the season with him, but keep him on a short leash. If he is having a bad game, sit him for a while. Unless he he shows UNMISTAKABLE signs of improvement between now and January, we need to move on.

1 hour ago, Jet Blast said:

I WAS for giving him the season (and maybe longer) to prove himself, but that was before his poor attitiude came to light.

He has shown little if any improvement since last season and still has a long way to go before he is even a competent QB. Yet, by virtue of his recent comments, he seems to believe he has no issues. If he doesn't realize he has  problems, then how can he possibly correct them???

I would continue through the season with him, but keep him on a short leash. If he is having a bad game, sit him for a while. Unless he he shows UNMISTAKABLE signs of improvement between now and January, we need to move on.

THAT is a fair take.

I have actually changed my mind.  I think he should start this Sunday.  And he is on the shortest leash possible.  He gets 1 quarter, and that is ONLY if we do not fall behind.  We fall behind, and he comes out with 2-3 three and outs, its Mike White time.  And Chris Streveler should be up.  And if Mike White gets hurt, Streveler goes in, no Wilson.  Yeah, that's how strong a message I think needs to be made.  You will be demoted to 4th string if you don't get your sh*t together.  

• Upvote 1

Count how many times Gardner Minshew thanks his teammates or says he has great teammates in this interview. Not only is he a great teammate but he fits perfectly with the Jets O. He's young (26), distributes the ball, is accurate and is not careless with the ball. I can't wait to see him on the Jets next season.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Count how many times Garner Minshew thanks his teammates or says he has great teammates in this interview. Not only is he a great teammate but he fits perfectly with the Jets O. He's young (26), distributes the ball, is accurate and is not careless with the ball. I can't wait to see him on the Jets next season.

That would be a good choice

I watched his press conference today, and i feel so bad for him. That sinking feeling in his stomach when he realized that being a slight a hole to conner hughes would blow up like that sucks. I hope he learns from it. He said all the right things today. He was becoming cocky the last few games at the podium, so I hope he stops with that garbage and works on his fundamentals. I really hope he can figure things out and get over the yips. I don't know if he can in this crazy difficult league. 

11 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He’s got the skillset to be more than just a good QB, but with each passing day it appears more and more that he either doesn’t have the head for it or, possibly, is too concerned about his personal safety that he is unable to see the field unless the pocket is 100% clean.

mostly agree.  i don't know that he can see the field with a clean pocket either.  i saw some tape of sunday and he had plenty of time and plenty of open receivers including the ones he threw to.