Poll: Have You Given Up On Zach Wilson?

Poll: Have You Given Up On Zach Wilson?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Have You Given Up On Zach Wilson?

• Yes, he's a total bust. I'm ready to move on from him.
    • Not yet. I still have hope he can figure it out.
    • No. He's a young QB and people are overreacting. He's doing just fine

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2022 at 05:59 PM

I hope he gets the coaching he needs.  I said I would give him the year before casting judgement and I will do so. If the Jets cut bait now I would understand it, they want to cut the QB before the OC. I'd do the same.

If they do that .. I hope he lands in NE or GB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Ok i chose that, but while i am trying to keep an open mind where Wilson is concerned, it doesn’t feel like “hope”.

Because according  to Wilson, he doesn't  think he is the problem. I know there is a really good chance of him playing this weekend but if he is starting, I'm not going out of my way to watch. I don't  even care if he throws for 250 and 2 TDs. I am convinced it will just be a flash and once he plays against a team with a formidable  pass rush, we will see bad Wilson, missing open WRs, bailing on the pocket, and over and under throwing players. He has been doing all this for 2 years now and nothing has changed. He is what he is and it's  not an NFL QB. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I picked B, he hasn’t wowed us, But was passable in some games that weren’t against the Pats… We were encouraged during the bills game, he was getting the ball out quick, marched us down the field in the end…. Ran forwards instead of dancing around… he’s definitely on thin ice

• Upvote 1

I voted yes because it's demonstratably obvious he's the worst QB in the NFL w/ very little redeeming qualities but I wont lie, the drama has me more curious than ever how this plays out this season, so I'm very intrigued to see how he responds because I dont think he gets benched. 

• Upvote 2

I honestly don't know what to think at this point. I'm seeing a guy that is afraid to make a mistake his average pass right now I heard is like 3 yards so I don't even think he is looking downfield. His footwork has gone to hell, last year he was bouncing bubble screens, this year they are 10 yards over the guy's head.

And his leadership has to be questioned at this point. Ray Lucas used to say don't point the finger, point the thumb. While I haven't seen Zach point fingers he definitely has not pointed the thumb.

• Upvote 1

I gave up on the Jets ever beating the Patriots a long time ago. I dunno, seems like everyone is taking way too much from this recent one. The Jets have been bombing against Belichick in a consistent fashion since 2011. Anyone who didn't expect something like what you watched on Sunday has nobody to blame but themselves. It's like when your friend that has terrible taste in booze invites you over to sip on whiskey and they hand you some cinnamon or peanut butter flavored sh*t, then you get mad about it. That's your fault for expecting anything more. How the Jets play against the Pats usually isn't a barometer of much except Belichick still being in the head of this franchise and that's been a thing since like before Zach Wilson was even born.

23 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Zach Wilson's ceiling is Geno Smith in 10 years.

No sense trading him (he has no value) and no sense cutting him (he's cheap).

Let him compete for QB1 next year - in an actual competition - and if he loses, he's the backup. 

This is not actually a bad idea. He is on a cheap contract and who knows what a year on the bench will bring out...but he is not the guy we need right now and the is the most consistent thing he has shown us since being drafted is that he cannot run the offense. Say all you want and everything else might be inconsistent, flash in the pan kind of things but the one true constant is that he runs the offense about as well as Hackenburg did.

• Upvote 1

Zach was not good this past game, and Belichek exploited the right side of the offensive line which caused Zach to panic. When he panics he looks horizontally and not vertically. Problem is Bill knew that, that's why he had his players looking out for that. MiLF still attacked vertically. Plus with Zach and the passing game struggling, and BB using a shadow on Zach and overloading the right side, why not run a 12 and 13 personnel? 

It would have been nice to see MiLF scheme players open. I mean Patricia was able to do it against our defense and he's a defensive coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

I’m going to give him until the end of the season to figure it out. He plays the same stream of defenses that Tua put up good numbers against up until now, so I think we’ll see a spike in his production. If we get that and we make the playoffs, I’d bring him back with a good veteran behind him.

With that said though… if I had to choose today I’d launch him into the sun and we’d be making a blockbuster trade for a QB this off-season

I picked the middle option but only because it was closest to what I think. I don’t think Wilson is a “bust.” I think he’s on the wrong team. I don’t think he should have been drafted for this offense. I didn’t get it then and I don’t get it now. He absolutely suuuuuuuucks in this offense and that is not surprising. 

Deal the guy in the off season and redo the qb position from top to bottom. 

17 minutes ago, the Claw said:

I picked the middle option but only because it was closest to what I think. I don’t think Wilson is a “bust.” I think he’s on the wrong team. I don’t think he should have been drafted for this offense. I didn’t get it then and I don’t get it now. He absolutely suuuuuuuucks in this offense and that is not surprising. 

This system is supposedly the most QB friendly offense you can play in. 

What offense should he be running? I'm genuinely curious.

1 hour ago, the Claw said:

I agree ... GB would be a nice landing spot for him.  Especially with the LaFleur connection... though Aaron is no a happy guy these days..  But I agree if the Team  moves on ... clean out the entire QB room and start over.

• Upvote 1