Poll: Have You Given Up On Zach Wilson?

Poll: Have You Given Up On Zach Wilson?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Have You Given Up On Zach Wilson?

• Yes, he's a total bust. I'm ready to move on from him.
    • Not yet. I still have hope he can figure it out.
    • No. He's a young QB and people are overreacting. He's doing just fine

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2022 at 05:59 PM

5 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

He just finished his 1st season in terms of games played

Jets organization is garbage

Is this the part where we quote Peyton's bad rookie year. I'm under 6' tall which means I'm as good as Drew Brees.... pretty sure anyway. 

He should have sat and watched a veteran (not Flacco). With his experience he was asked to do too much too soon. He definitely needed benching. And he definitely needs to work on his fundamentals with a QB coach which it’s not clear he has one. I think he should dress though and if we can run up the score let him do cleanup. l

11 hours ago, doitny said:

nobody has ever made it after 2 bad 1st years. Josh Allen was the only one and Zach will have worst number then him. overwhelming odds say he is a bust

False narrative. You may want to check Allen's year 2 stats. If Wilson had those numbers this year JN would be a big sticky orgasm emporium.

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He hasn't played well but I still think it's too early to give up on him.  

I guess the real question is how long, if ever, will it take Wilson to fix all the bad mechanics to be a good professional QB?

I mean, does anyone believe that he will learn to plant his feet well, go through progressions correctly, read coverages adequately in one week?

I personally dont think so, and I am not a Wilson hater. 

2 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I guess the real question is how long, if ever, will it take Wilson to fix all the bad mechanics to be a good professional QB?

I mean, does anyone believe that he will learn to plant his feet well, go through progressions correctly, read coverages adequately in one week?

I personally dont think so, and I am not a Wilson hater. 

I'm not optimistic about him right now but you never know.

Can he turn things around? I guess he could, but at this point the odds of it happening are astronomical given what we’ve seen so far.

He’s been awful since day one. JD and this CS did him (and the team) no favors trotting him out there every week. After they did that, I’m not going to suddenly shower them with praise for pulling the plug today.

9 hours ago, y2k8 said:

This system is supposedly the most QB friendly offense you can play in. 

What offense should he be running? I'm genuinely curious.

It may be, I don’t know, but what I do know is that the skill set of Zach Wilson does not seem to fit the scheme put out by MLF (note: he very well may just flat out suck and I’m open to that argument). My guess is Zach would benefit from less of the horizontal game and much more downfield throwing. Maybe Andy Reid’s system? Or something with more RPO? I wish I knew more about the X’s and O’s to answer your question. All I do know is that he looks uncomfortable in the offense itself and I think this has damaged his confidence. 

Note: this is not a defense of ZW. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t work for the Jets, it’s not my job to decide to give up or not. As long as he’s a Jet that gets his job done, I will root for him.

Go Zach Go! Warm the benches, warm those benches... Go Zach Go!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, the Claw said:

It may be, I don’t know, but what I do know is that the skill set of Zach Wilson does not seem to fit the scheme put out by MLF (note: he very well may just flat out suck and I’m open to that argument). My guess is Zach would benefit from less of the horizontal game and much more downfield throwing. Maybe Andy Reid’s system? Or something with more RPO? I wish I knew more about the X’s and O’s to answer your question. All I do know is that he looks uncomfortable in the offense itself and I think this has damaged his confidence. 

Note: this is not a defense of ZW. 

It’s funny I read this a few times on this site. That Lafleurs system might not be a good fit for ZW.

But leading up to the draft everyone said how lafleurs system was a perfect fit for ZW.

I don’t think a different system can fix ZW. ZW just sucks. You want to see more vertical routes? Maybe that’s why he runs backwards 30 yards every time he passes the ball. Or maybe he just has no idea what he’s doing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

It’s funny I read this a few times on this site. That Lafleurs system might not be a good fit for ZW.

But leading up to the draft everyone said how lafleurs system was a perfect fit for ZW.

I don’t think a different system can fix ZW. ZW just sucks. You want to see more vertical routes? Maybe that’s why he runs backwards 30 yards every time he passes the ball. Or maybe he just has no idea what he’s doing.

I remember that too, and I remember thinking how that seemed strange to me. From what I had seen of ZW and what I had seen of San Frans offense, it didn’t add up. I thought everyone who said that he was a perfect fit was wrong, lol. But again, I’m not an Xs and Os guy. I just go by what I see. 

Again, man, he may very well just be terrible and that’s fine to me as well. 

• Upvote 1

He was a project coming out, and was dreadful as a rookie including long stretches where he couldn’t complete simple passes.

Year 2 not only has he not made a leap he’s worse than ever. There’s no reason at all to think he’s going to be good other than blind faith. He’s worse than Darnold, Geno and Sanchez pretty clearly.

• Upvote 1

For those who agree with this, honest question: how long until it stops being “too early?”
Was gonna be the end of this season... But if he is down for the remainder .. I guess until we see him for another 8 games someday. Or we never see him again.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I have seen enough. I watched all 20 games. Each QTR, multiple times. He is not a good QB. He may develop into a game manger type backup for a team one day. But this kid has Mitch Trubisky type career written all over him. 

My ultimate hope is JD can include him in a deal that sends back a second or third rounder back for him. 

We are signing a veteran next year and if White can show competence we have our backup. 

• Upvote 2

Footwork, fundamentals etc. are great and he can certainly work on them but to me his biggest issue is he simply does not see the entire field.

the opportunities are there even with the horrible mechanics,

he simply does not see them.

not a coach in any way but I simply do not know how you fix that