Jump to content

Starting Zach Wilson for the remainder of the year is a "no-brainer"


Alka
 Share

Recommended Posts

Starting Zach for the remainder of the year has nothing to do with Zach's abilities, it has to do with the fact that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh didn't do anything in the offseason to give the Jets a viable option at QB.  

Flacco is a stationary QB who didn't impress in the 2 losses he started in, and Mike White is not the answer either.  Joe could have traded for Minshew, or another veteran QB who could have challenged Zach.  But they sat on their hands, and now, I don't believe that either backup can move the needle more than Zach can at this point.  

Starting Zach for the remainder of the season accomplishes several goals: 1. He has gone 5-2 as the starter, opposed to 1-2 with Flacco, and gives the Jets the best chance of making the playoffs.  You may not like it, but it is what it is.  2. As the 2nd pick in the draft, the Jets need to see if and how Zach bounces back, how he finishes the season, how he will continue to deal with adversity, and if he deserves the starting job in 2023, or do the Jets need to trade for, or draft another QB in the offseason.  

My only reservation with my argument is if Zach has alienated a large portion of the team, it might be counterintuitive to the team's positive energy and the wide receivers who must fight to get open and work with Zach.  But, that accomplishes another goal as well.  Can Moore put forth energy on the field to get open?  Or is he a lost cause?  Did he get open during the Patriots game, and Zach just didn't see him, other than the 2 back to back catches for 8 and 4 yards respectively?

It might be painful, or it might be illuminating on the positive side, but either way, the Jets must continue to start Zach Wilson.  Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh has noone to blame but themselves! 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alka, I think I agree w/ you!  lol  This is a first!!!!!  but I'm kind of more torn because we dont know the inside details.

I definitely dont think you bench him this week, so I really dont see them benching him at any point and I do think it's probably the right thing to do.  Wilson is bad and I know how the stats play out but the corpse of Flacco is unbearably hard to watch play Football.  He's awful.  Wilson clearly made them a better team.

My only reservation is like you said, has he lost the team?  If so, then I would see what Mike White can do because we saw how the team responded to him last year.  I ultimately dont think Mike White is the "answer" but after seeing the All 22 from the Pats game and seeing just how wide open on elementary first reads were on the field Sunday, I'm not sure he's really all the much of a down grade. 

However, I mentioned this is another thread and while he wasnt a world beater vs. Buffalo, Zach looked a lot different.  Hell, even vs. NE sans the picks the first time.  So, I do wonder if the extra week got him out of rhythm not just in game play but in prep, he probably over analyzed the Pats game and it was beat into his head just dont turn it over and we win, throw in the wind and maybe he just played with a stick up his ass gripping the club a little too tight.   I know, I know, he's been doing it all year but still.  Pretty drastic difference in performances IMO.

Ultimately, I do think Zach is a bust but I'm not sure benching him, especially right now, is the right move but I'm also not in the building and dont have a feel for the climate inside the building as it pertains to Wilson.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I simply do not know what the right answer is anymore and certainly can see you start him the rest of the year because you have to know what he is. The counter to that is why do the whole drama on Monday if you are not going to sit him this week.

Anyway, one thought that always sticks with me is last year after I think the Bengal game (?) the reaction of several players to Mike White. One I beleive was a RB who started the whole Mike F'n White saying. These guys just seemed thrilled that his guy played and had success.

Can we identify 1 player who has responded the same to Zach? Maybe they have but I simply don't remember seeing one and think it is interesting.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Alka said:

Starting Zach for the remainder of the year has nothing to do with Zach's abilities, it has to do with the fact that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh didn't do anything in the offseason to give the Jets a viable option at QB.  

Flacco is a stationary QB who didn't impress in the 2 losses he started in, and Mike White is not the answer either.  Joe could have traded for Minshew, or another veteran QB who could have challenged Zach.  But they sat on their hands, and now, I don't believe that either backup can move the needle more than Zach can at this point.  

Starting Zach for the remainder of the season accomplishes several goals: 1. He has gone 5-2 as the starter, opposed to 1-2 with Flacco, and gives the Jets the best chance of making the playoffs.  You may not like it, but it is what it is.  2. As the 2nd pick in the draft, the Jets need to see if and how Zach bounces back, how he finishes the season, how he will continue to deal with adversity, and if he deserves the starting job in 2023, or do the Jets need to trade for, or draft another QB in the offseason.  

My only reservation with my argument is if Zach has alienated a large portion of the team, it might be counterintuitive to the team's positive energy and the wide receivers who must fight to get open and work with Zach.  But, that accomplishes another goal as well.  Can Moore put forth energy on the field to get open?  Or is he a lost cause?  Did he get open during the Patriots game, and Zach just didn't see him, other than the 2 back to back catches for 8 and 4 yards respectively?

It might be painful, or it might be illuminating on the positive side, but either way, the Jets must continue to start Zach Wilson.  Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh has noone to blame but themselves! 

You forgot no one could have imagined how bad Zach would be in yr 2. That was one of worst performances by a qb in history of nfl. So normally I’d agree with you , not much better on the bench, but they both are considerably better on most days than Zach average game. I agree if team wasn’t in playoff hunt, play the kid. But a good team with a good chance to break 12 yr playoff drought should not be held hostage for Zach Wilson’s evaluations. Maybe the kid will learn by watching more, he sure isn’t learning by playing.   

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I simply do not know what the right answer is anymore and certainly can see you start him the rest of the year because you have to know what he is. The counter to that is why do the whole drama on Monday if you are not going to sit him this week.

Anyway, one thought that always sticks with me is last year after I think the Bengal game (?) the reaction of several players to Mike White. One I beleive was a RB who started the whole Mike F'n White saying. These guys just seemed thrilled that his guy played and had success.

Can we identify 1 player who has responded the same to Zach? Maybe they have but I simply don't remember seeing one and think it is interesting.

Yep, that's the wild card.  Does the team hate him? It's very possible, we just dont know being outside of the building.  If he lost the team w/ his attitude and play (we already know he lost Moore), than I do think you move to Mike White and bite the bullet on yet another top 3 overall QB.

Excuse me while I go puke my brains out.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

I simply do not know what the right answer is anymore and certainly can see you start him the rest of the year because you have to know what he is. The counter to that is why do the whole drama on Monday if you are not going to sit him this week.

Anyway, one thought that always sticks with me is last year after I think the Bengal game (?) the reaction of several players to Mike White. One I beleive was a RB who started the whole Mike F'n White saying. These guys just seemed thrilled that his guy played and had success.

Can we identify 1 player who has responded the same to Zach? Maybe they have but I simply don't remember seeing one and think it is interesting.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It reminds me of the Taylor Heinicke situation in Washington. The team seamed to rally behind the guy. Wentz doesn't have the greatest reputation, but I think guys appreciate the teammates that show up day in day out working hard doing things the right way, just hoping for an opportunity. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I disagree. You’re gonna lose the locker room if you don’t bench him. His teammates see that he’s not any good. A change likely gives the offense a little spark. Even if the options behind him aren’t any good you’re holding him accountable for his poor play. I think he probably starts this week but saleh put him on notice.  if he plays like sh*t again he should get the hook.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Alka, I think I agree w/ you!  lol  This is a first!!!!!

C'mon, I might be wrong on occasion, but I'm right about 90% of the time!!  If you disagree with me all the time, then it means you are incorrect about 90% of the time!  lol   

I'm happy that you agree with me on this.  Imagine the Jets starting Mike White and we lose the game against the Bears??!!!  Then everyone will be 2nd guessing what would have happened if Zach started, and we would be effectively saying "bye-bye" to any playoff dreams!  I just don't see that happening.

  • Doh! 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

ou forgot no one could have imagined how bad Zach would be in yr 2. That was one of worst performances by a qb in history of nfl.

I agree with you, in that the loss against the Patriots was indeed one of the worst performances by a QB in the history of the NFL.  

I also look back at how Zach is 5-1 before this game, and how he was an excellent game manager in helping to beat a very good Buffalo Bills team the week before.  

You have to look at the overall picture, and if you bench Zach, then what??  I would argue that Flacco didn't light the world on fire going 1-2 to open the season, and the win against Cleveland was a miracle!  We have no clue what starting Mike White would look like at this point.  

No thanks,  gotta continue to go with Zach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's not owed anything.  I believe he'll start this week against CHI but will be on a short leash.

We need at minimum a "game manager" to run the offense to give us a shot at the playoffs.

If Wilson can't do that he needs to sit

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The absolute worst part of this is the remaining schedule. It's BY FAR the easiest passing schedule of any team in the NFL, coming off of a nightmare schedule for an NFL QB. 

He may look good the rest of the season but not really progress in any meaningful way and now you're in limbo again. 

Part of me thinks he'll never get it and part of me thinks his brain is so scrambled right now that maybe playing against easier defenses will settle him down a bit and he'll have a better mental foundation from which to work. 

Only for the Jets can an incredible turn around be this complicated and stressful.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I disagree. You’re gonna lose the locker room if you don’t bench him. His teammates see that he’s not any good. A change likely gives the offense a little spark. Even if the options behind him aren’t any good you’re holding him accountable for his poor play. I think he probably starts this week but saleh put him on notice.  if he plays like sh*t again he should get the hook.

If Saleh starts him this week and the Jets win, then Zach will continue to roll.  If Zach starts against the Bears, and plays a good game, and the Jets lose, Zach will continue to roll.  If Zach starts and sucks once again, then yes, I agree that he would get the bench.  

My argument is that Zach will not suck against the Bears, and they will need him to win, and continue the playoff push.  

On the other hand, if Zach is benched and Mike White throws 3 interceptions, and the Jets lose 17-10, then everything falls apart, and then where do you go from there?  

No, common sense tells me that Zach will and should start this Sunday.  If the Jets win, (and they will win), then Zach will continue to start.  If White starts and the Jets lose, then that's when the real sh*t hits the fan!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Alka said:

Starting Zach for the remainder of the year has nothing to do with Zach's abilities, it has to do with the fact that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh didn't do anything in the offseason to give the Jets a viable option at QB.  

 

It's easy to spot the people who do not follow the nfl outside of the jets. They think other teams have good backups. 

Flacco and Mike White are not good but they are exactly what other teams have as backups.

Trevor semien, colt Mccoy, trubisky, tyrod taylor, keenum, gabbert etc. They are all bad. If they were good,  they wouldn't be backups. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I was the FO, I’d play Zach on sunday vs the Bears. Their passing D stinks, but I don’t think that team is one to overlook… maybe if Fields it out it becomes considerably easier, but they can’t look past anyone at this point. If Zach looks shaky at all or continues to not be able to put up points in the first half then he gets pulled in favor of White. The team has a chance at the playoffs right now. They should play whoever can win games, not just whoever can get dragged along while the team wins games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You can evaluate a player without staking the outcomes of the season or hurting every other player on the roster. He can be safely benched, it’s okay.

The record with Flacco should also be contextualized. Coaches didn’t really start leaning on Breece right away (MC was the lead), the OL hadn’t yet stabilized (AVT plated a different spot each week), the defense didn’t quite show up the first couple games (it took the QW outburst to get to where we are now).

Im not even advocating for Flacco. Just for honest comparison. Flacco played in a stretch where the team was toiling. ZW played in a stretch where the was good enough to hide him.

I had problems with Flacco's lack of ability to move around the pocket, and run for yards when the opportunity presented itself.  I believe that Zach's ability to move around and use his legs makes him a better option for the jets right now, especially with all the problems on the offensive line.  Will Max be back, will Herbig be back this week?  How effective will they be?  I realize that I'm not QB evaluator, but the Jets need a win on Sunday, and Zach gives us the best chance. 

I would prefer a better QB starting this Sunday, but the Jets don't have a better QB than Zach right now, and like I said in my initial thread, that's on Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh.  They didn't want anyone competing with Zach, and now, this is where we are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Alka said:

I agree with you, in that the loss against the Patriots was indeed one of the worst performances by a QB in the history of the NFL.  

I also look back at how Zach is 5-1 before this game, and how he was an excellent game manager in helping to beat a very good Buffalo Bills team the week before.  

You have to look at the overall picture, and if you bench Zach, then what??  I would argue that Flacco didn't light the world on fire going 1-2 to open the season, and the win against Cleveland was a miracle!  We have no clue what starting Mike White would look like at this point.  

No thanks,  gotta continue to go with Zach.

Keep mentioning the record, the jets would be better than 5-2 with anyone else, white or Flacco imo. We definitely take at least 1, likely both of those Pat games. Imagine being 8-2 now. It is that possible to imagine. We are 6-4 with by far worst qb in nfl because the D is that good, and D has carried the team.
 

Wilson did have a good game mgr game against buf and didn’t make many mistakes. But that seems to be his ceiling. And the D owned  Allen and bills O in that game.
 

Zach still can’t read D’s and now coaches are going to see what bb did to him. Disguise some coverages and he can’t pick up. He can learn that on the bench, and in practice.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Alka said:

He has gone 5-2 as the starter, opposed to 1-2 with Flacco, and gives the Jets the best chance of making the playoffs.

I think this is flawed logic. He’s statistically the worst QB in football, not just from a productivity standpoint, but also from an efficiency standpoint. Apparently, he’s also not providing anything from a leadership standpoint. If the plan is to hope he improves, you can let him do that in practice the rest of the year and let him try to get his job back over the summer. As for the games, let someone play who’s going to help Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore and Denzel Mims get better, because Zach is actively ruining those guys. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While i do believe Zach to be the most talented QB on the roster, i also believe it's in both Zachs and the Jets best interest to sit him for awhile. He doesn't look right mentally. 

From the Zach perspective, I think he's overwhelmed.  Hes overthinking and doesn't trust what he sees, which i think also affects his mechanics. The snowball effect is poor performance, and it clearly effects him emotionally. I also think he will get eviscerated on Sunday if he starts the game playing poorly. Tua was able to handle being benched for Fitzpatrick, and perhaps that's the best course for him this year.  Focus on practicing fundamentals and reading defenses, compete for the starter role in 23.

 

From the Jets perspective, and part of this is my assumption that there is a lack of belief, distrust,  in Zach from his teammates. The team is very good at all other phases of the game. With even competent QB play, not special QB play, they are a playoff team+. I think the guys would rally behind MW, as evidenced by last year, which may help spark the offense. I'm not delusional to think MW is the answer long term, but I do think he can manage the game and hit the short/intermediate stuff fairly consistently which is an improvement. I haven't seen good vertical passing from him, but maybe that's improved this offseason.  

Future state, 2023 there needs to be a true QB competition irregardless of how the rest of this season unfolds. The team is too good otherwise not to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You can evaluate a player without staking the outcomes of the season or hurting every other player on the roster. He can be safely benched, it’s okay.

The record with Flacco should also be contextualized. Coaches didn’t really start leaning on Breece right away (MC was the lead), the OL hadn’t yet stabilized (AVT plated a different spot each week), the defense didn’t quite show up the first couple games (it took the QW outburst to get to where we are now).

Im not even advocating for Flacco. Just for honest comparison. Flacco played in a stretch where the team was toiling. ZW played in a stretch where the was good enough to hide him.

 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think this is flawed logic. He’s statistically the worst QB in football, not just from a productivity standpoint, but also from an efficiency standpoint. Apparently, he’s also not providing anything from a leadership standpoint. If the plan is to hope he improves, you can let him do that in practice the rest of the year and let him try to get his job back over the summer. As for the games, let someone play who’s going to help Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore and Denzel Mims get better, because Zach is actively ruining those guys. 

You know, this is so true.  I even had an active thread going about how little they were running the ball.  But man, Flacco was really F'ing bad too.  Like, I feel like we dont remember just how bad he was and Hall isnt available anymore, so, idk, much rather see Mike White if they do bench Zach.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we were 3-7 and had no chance of a playoff spot I would agree. However the team is ahead of where anyone thought it would be at this point and has a legit playoff shot. Continuing with Zach no matter what is short sighted, bigger picture is what’s best for the team right now, and right now he’s hurting this team.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think this is flawed logic. He’s statistically the worst QB in football, not just from a productivity standpoint, but also from an efficiency standpoint. Apparently, he’s also not providing anything from a leadership standpoint. If the plan is to hope he improves, you can let him do that in practice the rest of the year and let him try to get his job back over the summer. As for the games, let someone play who’s going to help Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore and Denzel Mims get better, because Zach is actively ruining those guys. 

I actually agree with you Tom.  As far that Zach at 5-2 and Flacco at 1-2, I could have done better with the logic.

But, wins and losses are the bottom line right now.  If Flacco starts and the Jets lose, then what?  Do you go back to Zach?  Do you start Mike White?  Then, at 6-5, and losing a very winnable game against the Bears, what happens next?

If you really want to use good logic, then logic tells me that Zach must start the game.  If Zach shows no signs of improvement from last week, then you can always and more easily insert Flacco into the game at that point to try to win it.  If you start Flacco and things go south, then the Jets really don't have anywhere to turn.  From my perspective, I see Zach having a comeback game, and the Jets going to 7-4.  We will see!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Starting Zach for the remainder of the year has nothing to do with Zach's abilities, it has to do with the fact that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh didn't do anything in the offseason to give the Jets a viable option at QB.  

Flacco is a stationary QB who didn't impress in the 2 losses he started in, and Mike White is not the answer either.  Joe could have traded for Minshew, or another veteran QB who could have challenged Zach.  But they sat on their hands, and now, I don't believe that either backup can move the needle more than Zach can at this point.  

Starting Zach for the remainder of the season accomplishes several goals: 1. He has gone 5-2 as the starter, opposed to 1-2 with Flacco, and gives the Jets the best chance of making the playoffs.  You may not like it, but it is what it is.  2. As the 2nd pick in the draft, the Jets need to see if and how Zach bounces back, how he finishes the season, how he will continue to deal with adversity, and if he deserves the starting job in 2023, or do the Jets need to trade for, or draft another QB in the offseason.  

My only reservation with my argument is if Zach has alienated a large portion of the team, it might be counterintuitive to the team's positive energy and the wide receivers who must fight to get open and work with Zach.  But, that accomplishes another goal as well.  Can Moore put forth energy on the field to get open?  Or is he a lost cause?  Did he get open during the Patriots game, and Zach just didn't see him, other than the 2 back to back catches for 8 and 4 yards respectively?

It might be painful, or it might be illuminating on the positive side, but either way, the Jets must continue to start Zach Wilson.  Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh has noone to blame but themselves! 

It is a no brainer as it would take someone with no brain to arrive at that decision.

Childish jokes aside, Zach’s issues are not about game day experience but rather mental and mechanics.

He should visit a sports psychologist and separately work hard on his mechanics to solve accuracy issues that I believe go beyond mechanics alone.  Yips..  Plus learn how to trust his instincts again rather than freeze when he sees a WR breaking open.  There is a large mental element to this.

And when the Jets find a good psychologist, I’m recommending sending you for suggesting the decision is a no brainer ;).   Jk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So your saleh and this is a conversation you are faced with.

Mims comes to you and says he was inactive for many games because he did not know the play book, was not performing on specials and overall play was lacking.

Moore comes to you and says he was inactive because of a tweet he posted which did not reference a specific player or call anyone out. IT was also insuated his play on the field had dropped off to a point where he needed to reset.

Now they ask you about Zach and question what makes his situation different? Draft status (although the other 2 were high 2nd round), because he is a qb? What is different? He is certainly not performing and struggling

I really don't think the above is fantasy and very well could have played out in some manner. Saleh professes lifting players up, accountability and all the other buzzwords. 

How do you sell starting Zach Sunday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If your plan is to destroy the team, then yes it’s a no-brainer.  You cannot refuse to at least try to solve the QB issue without having the rest of the team’s frustration boil over.  The team started 5-2.  They expect to win and make the playoffs.  If that doesn’t happen because changes to horrific QB play we’re not even EXPLORED, then the players will revolt and the team will suffer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

It is a no brainer as it would take someone with no brain to arrive at that decision.

Childish jokes aside, Zach’s issues are not about game day experience but rather mental and mechanics.

He should visit a sports psychologist and separately work hard on his mechanics to solve accuracy issues that I believe go beyond mechanics alone.  Yips..  Plus learn how to trust his instincts again rather than freeze when he sees a WR breaking open.  There is a large mental element to this.

And when the Jets find a good psychologist, I’m recommending sending you for suggesting the decision is a no brained ;).  Jk

How about this?  I will be proven to be correct, once again!  Zach will start, and Zach will win, and Zach will start the next game against the Vikings, and Zach will win again.  And if that happens, will you come back and apologize for saying that I have no brain?  lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Starting Zach for the remainder of the year has nothing to do with Zach's abilities, it has to do with the fact that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh didn't do anything in the offseason to give the Jets a viable option at QB.  

Flacco is a stationary QB who didn't impress in the 2 losses he started in, and Mike White is not the answer either.  Joe could have traded for Minshew, or another veteran QB who could have challenged Zach.  But they sat on their hands, and now, I don't believe that either backup can move the needle more than Zach can at this point.  

Starting Zach for the remainder of the season accomplishes several goals: 1. He has gone 5-2 as the starter, opposed to 1-2 with Flacco, and gives the Jets the best chance of making the playoffs.  You may not like it, but it is what it is.  2. As the 2nd pick in the draft, the Jets need to see if and how Zach bounces back, how he finishes the season, how he will continue to deal with adversity, and if he deserves the starting job in 2023, or do the Jets need to trade for, or draft another QB in the offseason.  

My only reservation with my argument is if Zach has alienated a large portion of the team, it might be counterintuitive to the team's positive energy and the wide receivers who must fight to get open and work with Zach.  But, that accomplishes another goal as well.  Can Moore put forth energy on the field to get open?  Or is he a lost cause?  Did he get open during the Patriots game, and Zach just didn't see him, other than the 2 back to back catches for 8 and 4 yards respectively?

It might be painful, or it might be illuminating on the positive side, but either way, the Jets must continue to start Zach Wilson.  Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh has noone to blame but themselves! 

Ok, I can't  finish reading past the halfway point of this. You are basically trashing Flacco who threw for around 300 yards in each game and has 5 TDs in 3 games which is one more than Zach has in 7 and you are telling me Zach is thebbest chance we have at winning football games? Where do you get this stuff? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

So your saleh and this is a conversation you are faced with.

Mims comes to you and says he was inactive for many games because he did not know the play book, was not performing on specials and overall play was lacking.

Moore comes to you and says he was inactive because of a tweet he posted which did not reference a specific player or call anyone out. IT was also insuated his play on the field had dropped off to a point where he needed to reset.

Now they ask you about Zach and question what makes his situation different? Draft status (although the other 2 were high 2nd round), because he is a qb? What is different? He is certainly not performing and struggling

I really don't think the above is fantasy and very well could have played out in some manner. Saleh professes lifting players up, accountability and all the other buzzwords. 

How do you sell starting Zach Sunday?

Very simple.  I would tell my players that Zach gives us the best chance to win.  I would apologize for not giving the team another viable option, and say that it would be unfair to throw out White as a starter right now, after he has sat on the bench for the entire year, and if he loses, then the options only get worse. We need a mobile QB, and Zach is a better option than Flacco, especially with our injure offensive line.  

I would ask my players to give it 100%, and if things still don't work out,  and the team loses the game, then I will put all options on the table going forward.  But you got to give me this game, and you got to play your absolute best.  Can you do that for me?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

How about this?  I will be proven to be correct, once again!  Zach will start, and Zach will win, and Zach will start the next game against the Vikings, and Zach will win again.  And if that happens, will you come back and apologize for saying that I have no brain?  lol

You really need to stop now. Hebcannbeat thebBears because they are a bad football team and probably lost their QB for the season.  The rest of the uear we can lose virtually every game if he doesn't  figure out how to put more than a FG on the board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, I can't  finish reading past the halfway point of this. You are basically trashing Flacco who threw for around 300 yards in each game and has 5 TDs in 3 games which is one more than Zach has in 7 and you are telling me Zach is thebbest chance we have at winning football games? Where do you get this stuff? 

As Parcells once said, "you are what your record says you are?"  Flacco is 1-2 this year, and the fans were all clamoring for  Zach to start.  And what did Zach do, he led the team to a 5-2 record.  

If Flacco starts and loses the game, then we can all come to you and ask what we should do now?  If Zach starts, you can always pull him if he continues his poor play from last week.  I just don't see that happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...