Starting Zach Wilson for the remainder of the year is a "no-brainer"

Alka

1 hour ago, doitny said:

yeah but this is a overrated stat. some of the best QBs in the league are in the bottom 10 in the league in INTs.

its ok to throw a few INTs if you are making plays and scoring. 

for all the stuff people say about Flacco he threw it over 50 times in 3 games and still has a lower INT% than Zach who plays cautiously. 

Fair enough, but Flacco had one great game where he threw 4TDs and the others were really not impressive. He threw one TD with one INT against the Ravens and threw ZERO TDs and 2 INTs against Cincy. So I just want to make sure we're not making Flacco out to be some gunslinger who throws for a ton of TDs even though he is prone to turn the ball over. His 4TD game in Cleveland completely skews his stats. And look. I give him credit for that. He deserves credit for that game. Lets just not pretend he is something he's not. 

As far as Mike White- yes, he throws TDs along with INTs but not at the rate I would want to see my QB doing it. Last year- NE: 1 TD, 2 INTs; CIN (his greatest achievement): 3 TD, 2 INTs; IND: 1TD, 0 INTs (but he was knocked out early and only attempted 11 passes); BUF: 0 TDs, 4 INTs. Thats just not going to cut it. You can't average 1 TD for every 2 INTs a game...I'd rather you had zero turnovers and no TDs and let the run game or defense take over. 

Again, I'm not sitting here saying Zach is great or even good. But to think that you should be turning to Flacco or Mike White at this point in the season to turn your offense around and try to push for the playoffs (especially when Zach is 5-2), seems off to me. 

3 hours ago, Alka said:

How about this?  I will be proven to be correct, once again!  Zach will start, and Zach will win, and Zach will start the next game against the Vikings, and Zach will win again.  And if that happens, will you come back and apologize for saying that I have no brain?  lol

Not your best work here, Alka 

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2022 at 12:59 PM, Saul Goodman said:

Not your best work here, Alka 

Yes, I made myself look stupid here.  Thanks for the reminder.  As a Jets fan, I desperately want White to play great and win games for us.  But I'm worried not so much for the Bears game, but the game after against Minnesota, and then I think the Bills again.  I think that's where my comments will translate into me being dead wrong, or my comments being right on target.  

But, like I said, I desperately want to be wrong about my comments.  I would much rather have the Jets win with Mike White, and me look even stupider, then White losing games and proving me right.  I am pulling for Mike White big time!!!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1