Jump to content

Maybe no starter announcement today?


kevinc855

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, TommyT said:

If they start Zach when he is not qualified to be a back-up, we as fans need to unmercifully boo him and the coaching staff Sunday.

I won’t boo unless he’s making bone headed mistakes again which seems likely since he does it in most of the games he plays in.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Claymation said:

Why boo him? I never understood people who boo the team they root for.

If you got a defective product that you paid a nice chunk of dough for, wouldn't you return it ??? The Jets are an entertainment product.  You cant "return" Wilson at the customer service counter, but you can boo his ass. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

Why boo him? I never understood people who boo the team they root for.

Because these small people think that their voices may one day be heard by the shadows that run this organization ... little do they realize that their bellows are that of dust mite to an Elephant. ... Now a plane with a sign ... that is an entirely different thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

If you got a defective product that you paid a nice chunk of dough for, wouldn't you return it ??? The Jets are an entertainment product.  You cant "return" Wilson at the customer service counter, but you can boo his ass. 

True ... just as you might fart from bad chinese.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

If you got a defective product that you paid a nice chunk of dough for, wouldn't you return it ??? The Jets are an entertainment product.  You cant "return" Wilson at the customer service counter, but you can boo his ass. 

Do you think your booing is going to get Woody motivated to refund your PSL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TommyT said:

If they start Zach when he is not qualified to be a back-up, we as fans need to unmercifully boo him and the coaching staff Sunday.

Well, that's BS. It would reflect as much on their confidence in the backups as their faith in Zach Wilson. As so many have pointed out, the Jets failed to get a decent #2 behind Wilson. Now they're going to waffle and scramble as they become playoff contenders in a year they didn't expect to be there. That said, they may very well have Wilson on a short leash v. Chicago, and that would make enormous sense. Pats got in Zach's head. Chicago is nowhere close to that kind of defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Because these small people think that their voices may one day be heard by the shadows that run this organization ... little do they realize that their bellows are that of dust mite to an Elephant. ... Now a plane with a sign ... that is an entirely different thing.

Hey,

I take offense to that.

I was invited to the facility as part of a season ticket holder user group (SAR is not the only bigshot around here) during the Bowles era and spoke to Glatt personally.

I requested 3 things.

Stop Joe Nolan from that stupid it is 3rd down when the team is down by 20

Get rid of the tshirt cannon

Stop blasting music after every play so that you can at least talk to the person next to you about the play.

You saying they did not listen to me? 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

If you got a defective product that you paid a nice chunk of dough for, wouldn't you return it ??? The Jets are an entertainment product.  You cant "return" Wilson at the customer service counter, but you can boo his ass. 

Again, why? People booed Geno, they booed Sanchez and they booed Darnold, they got rid of all of them and we are in the same place we are at 12 years ago. It's easy to blame the QB, and let's face it they haven't been good, but when does this franchise get an OC that knows how to develop a QB. When does that happen?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Why boo him? I never understood people who boo the team they root for.

Because as a fan of the team you are invested in some sort of way whether financially (buying a jersey, buying tickets etc) or time wise.  You have the right to boo the crappy product they put on the field.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Do you think your booing is going to get Woody motivated to refund your PSL?

No...  I *was* a third generation season ticket holder.  Saw my first games as a kid at Shae in 1980.  I discontinued my season tickets in 2014, so I no longer own a PSL for Woody to refund. 

I actually never "booed" at any of the games.  Just yelled at them on occasion.

Interesting bit here to contrast the contemporary fans at MetLife vs. what I saw at Shae.

You ever see any of the Rocky movies ??? Remember Rocky's friend Paulie ??? It seemed like half the guys in the stands at Shae looked like Paulie.  They had little brown paper bags with a booze bottle.  Their favorite thing to yell out over and over ... "YOU BUM !!! YOU BUM !!!"  It was a good experience for a kid that came from the Bergen County burbs.  Our seats were in the mezzanines and you had to remember not to go near the end of the concourse at half time because people above would actually PISS over the sides to avoid going to the bathrooms that had half an inch of PISS on the floor.  Not kidding.  You'd see streams of PISS going coming down from the upper deck.  There would also be fights breaking out all over the place.  On one occasion, during a late December game, there were two drunken guys dressed up as Santa and they were mixing it up pretty good.   MetLife is not quite as colorful as old Shae Stadium. 

 

Paulie_breaks_down.webp

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Because as a fan of the team you are invested in some sort of way whether financially (buying a jersey, buying tickets etc) or time wise.  You have the right to boo the crappy product they put on the field.  

I do that stupid survey every year, and my main complaint has always been the product on the field. The product is better this year, I wish it is elite, booing isn't going to change that, is it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, doitny said:

yeah but isnt some of these reporters in on practice? so they will see who gets all the reps. 

i see someone said that they will split the reps, now to me that is stupid. the start no mater if it is Zach or somebody else they need every 1st team rep.

They aren't watching team reps.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Well, that's BS. It would reflect as much on their confidence in the backups as their faith in Zach Wilson. As so many have pointed out, the Jets failed to get a decent #2 behind Wilson. Now they're going to waffle and scramble as they become playoff contenders in a year they didn't expect to be there. That said, they may very well have Wilson on a short leash v. Chicago, and that would make enormous sense. Pats got in Zach's head. Chicago is nowhere close to that kind of defense.

Just don’t trust him against a great defense or challenging weather conditions. He is in over his head mentally and physically. Time to vent when he is in there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...