Schefter: Zach Not Starting Sunday, White to Start

JetsFanatic

6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Let's avoid the terrible passing D and let a backup tear them up and then put Zach back in against the Vikings and Bills. Makes no sense. He should have been given a half to play and then yanked if he wasn't doing well. It should have been a confidence building game. He must have acted pretty badly behind the scenes.

Or maybe playing he's just terrible and he's not playing again this season

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, August said:

99.9% going to be Mike White. 

Taht is what I would assume.  IFew weeks ago when they promoted White to #2 and deactivated Flacco, they seemed to have made the decision that White would be next in line.    I wonder if Zach will even be active Sunday.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

It is a bad move, but an understandable one betting because the players themselves probably told coach they would mutiny if he put him in. I can see that as what happened.

Regardless of him being a douche his play alone necessitated his benching

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure it means he is done.  Tua was benched in Miami and look at him now.   I think he gets a chance to win the job back before next season, but he is not going to be given anything.

I think this is the right move for this team right now.  We have a chance at playoffs and can't afford to prioritize a young QBs development ahead of the other 52 guys fighting for a playoff spot.  Might be different if he was showing some progress, but so far this season, every step forward is followed by one or two steps back.  

Agreed!  And not just Tua..... we just watched this same thing transpire with BB. I think Zach regaining starter is possible but I think it's on Zach too earn it both on the field and the locker room. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

We are 6-4 and in the playoff hunt, don’t be surprised is Flacco starts

Falccid is never taking another snap for this team ever again.  They told you what they thought of him after they demoted him.  He was awful out there.

Its Mike White moving forward and Strev will be active and getting wildcat snaps.

• Upvote 2

Just now, choon328 said:

Or maybe playing he's just terrible and he's not playing again this season

Yup.  And I think the other factor is the reaction of the vets in the locker room.  The guys who spoke on Monday said the right things publicly, but I have to think it was getting ugly behind the scenes.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This.  Saleh is not only thinking about this year.  He can’t afford to lose the locker room for years to come. 

yep. and the rest of the league is watching. you dont want future FA to feel that Zach is the start no matter how bad he plays. your makes the rest of the team suffer.

• Upvote 3

Tough love. Time will tell if Zach takes it the right way. As lith posted I believe, Tua and Macc were both benched. 

Surprising in that the message has been we’re all in on Zach but at the end of the day this is a dominant, Super Bowl defense and outside of the PR lol very very good special teams. The run game is meh without Hall, but a game manager QB can do damage with this offense.  Getting Davis and herbutt back should also help.  

It’s all up to Zach now, grow or fold. 

• Upvote 2

I personally think Wilson is done here. If we were 3-8 right now, then you could potentially bring Wilson back next year. But how could you not go after somebody bigger next year and bring Wilson back to a team that’s fully ready to compete when healthy. The only chance he gets is, if white completely fails, and Wilson performs big-time when he returns at some point this season. 

• Upvote 2