Schefter: Zach Not Starting Sunday, White to Start

JetsFanatic

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Jets laid out this plan weeks ago when they promoted White to #2 and called up Strev.  Wining the buffalo game delayed the plan by a week.

Mike White is your starter and Streveler is going to get a whole bunch of Wildcat snaps.  Mike Lafluer is about to show all of us how creative he really is.

This is going to get real fun jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I see wildcat imma turn the game off. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Wilson sealed his fate with his attitude. You cant be terrible and act like a diva.

His comments this whole season were more alarming than his play, and hes played poorly.

Hopefully it's a wake up call for him. As others mentioned, this doesnt mean it's over. This is them rattling his cage and telling him to grow up and knock it off or you will be gone.

Would love to get more clarity on what went down after his injury in preseason. That never made sense.

• Upvote 1

So, if the coin flip guy is right does that mean White stinks it up against the Bears and Wilson or Flacco are made the starter the next week leading the Jets on a playoff run?

Regardless, I trust Saleh knows the room. He played Mims and Moore right. So, I imagine he knows what he is doing here. 

Zach Wilson - If this is the end of his Jets story, what a disappointment. But the bottom line is that you've got to want it enough to sacrifice your body to make a pass. Completing the pass has to be the single most important thing on the play. Once you start being concerned about avoiding hits, it is over for you as an NFL QB. The guys that are even just average are tough as nails and willing to suffer to stand tall in the pocket to make a pass knowing they may very well take a gut shot at any second. I don't think toughness can be learned. Can it? I fear the book has been written for young Zach Wilson. But, lesson learned - exhibited willingness to stand tall in the pocket and take a hit to make a pass must be added to JD's scouting reports for QBs.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, sciond said:

Now we will see if he is salvageable. If the staff can coach him up we have a shot with him otherwise it will be a waste of arm talent.

It will be interesting to see his future. Is he done for good? Is he going to be next years QB for the Jets? Does he end up somewhere else as a back up? Does he pull a Geno Smith?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Let's avoid the terrible passing D and let a backup tear them up and then put Zach back in against the Vikings and Bills. Makes no sense. He should have been given a half to play and then yanked if he wasn't doing well. It should have been a confidence building game. He must have acted pretty badly behind the scenes.

That’s certainly another angle, maybe he pouted or whatever.  Certainly possible 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

So it's a huge loss for this franchise if that's the case. He's only 22, right? Coin flip says we lose to the Bears and then win 5. Maybe he's down for a game and plays well the rest of the year.

No way. First off I think there is a high possibility  that the Bears get shutout.  They are that bad. Secondly, there would be no point if this was a go sit in the corner moment  for Zach. It would be an awful message that no matter how much you screw up, we will just slap you on the wrist.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

If all this means is that he has to earn playing time and gets humbled along the way, it’s way worth it. Was my biggest gripe with the coaching staff that he was handled in such a coddled way. Mims and Moore had to eat humble pie to get playing time and whether you agree with that approach or not, it shows that no individual is above the team and people need to perform to keep their jobs. Everyone else had to do it. It was long overdue. 

Yep, I asked something similar in a different thread a few days ago but I asked, would any other player on the team be allowed to perform this poorly and keep his job? 

• Upvote 4

One more event that further solidifies that the Jets have a head coach. I did not think Zach would be benched and get an opportunity to clean up against a bad Bears team. The fact that Saleh knew who was next on the schedule and STILL sat Zach tells you all you need to know. 

I am ready for a new veteran QB next year. Rodgers, Jimmy G, Ryan Tannehill, Derek Carr…. let’s go JD

• Upvote 3

it had to be done the sad thing is wilson should never have been drafted and that is on joe-he busted on two first round picks now in wilson and becton

i will give him credit though he made some great picks in other spots but missing on a qb that high up is brutal especially when it appears he is the worst of the bunch -i mean you change picks with the bears and these team is super good

• Upvote 3