Schefter: Zach Not Starting Sunday, White to Start

JetsFanatic

last season when wilson went out, white and flacco both came in.  sure they lost bt white showed how to run the offense in a controlled manner.  when wilson did come back in he played much better.  i'm not a wilson hater.  i just want the jets to win and if this move allows wilson to play better later than it's a good move.  as for mike white, it's hard to say it's his job to win.  it wouldn't be the first time the jets changed qb's in the middle of a season. obrien went out and ryan took over.  chaddy took over for vinny.  it happens the only real difference is wilson isn't injured.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

QB is now our primary target for this draft.

We need to trade up to get our guy. I dont care how much it costs.

I don’t think that’s how it plays out at all. If white performs well then it will be his job next year. If he fails, they will be in hot pursuit of Jimmy G or trade for Carr or sign Minshew. If they do draft another quarterback, it would be in the mid rounds and that probably means they traded Zach. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Against a really bad defense - that’s not a short term move.  

Yeah, certainly looks like they're giving Zach the rest of the year (barring multiple injuries) to get his stuff together.

But JD/Saleh have NOT given up on Zach and he'll have a fair shot at winning a QB competition next season. It's up to Zach whether he does an honest self appraisal and works to learn  the fundamentals he's never had to rely on due to his natural talent and the level of comp he played against.

I'm pulling for him.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

It is a bad move, but an understandable one betting because the players themselves probably told coach they would mutiny if he put him in. I can see that as what happened.

How can you say it is a 'bad' move, then give a reason that is quite plausible as to why it happened which would show it being a VERY 'good' move?

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Good news. Whether this is a one-week benching or not likely depends on both White and Wilson. But you can't play like that and keep your starting spot. Just can't

This is not a one week benching.  Again, you cannot play through mental.  Zach is taking a step back and getting some much needed time off to re-calibrate.  You will not see or hear about zach for a month minimum.

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

So, Saleh believes Wilson's "issues" are "fixable". I want a beat writer to ask Saleh 2 questions. First, what are Zach's issues? Second, how do the Jets intend to fix them?

Clue us in, Please.

I think his issues start with changing his attitude, believing he is not part of the problem, and believing he doesn’t have to run the system in place.  Saleh won’t play punky Brewster.

47 minutes ago, doitny said:

told you guys, no way cant he start

Agree.  And I still see JD as the guy that wanted Wilson to continue starting and RS recruiting Woody to tip the balance in going with Mike White.

One VERY important thing here.  This does not mean Wilson's tenure with the Jets is over.  This is the Jets brass serving up a life lesson to ZW.  Time to grow up, son.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is not a one week benching.  Again, you cannot play through mental.  Zach is taking a step back and getting some much needed time off to re-calibrate.  You will not see or hear about zach for a month minimum.

If this was sitting against the Bills to possible go in the following week agains the Bears, i would agree. This is the one game against an awful defense who will be even worse with no hope without their elite starting QB, that Wilson if ever was going to put up fancy numbers and quiet people, this was the week he would do it. If you don't start him this week, you can't start him against any other team this year unless they are competely out of the playoff contention, which likely doenst happen

• Sympathy 1