Schefter: Zach Not Starting Sunday, White to Start

JetsFanatic

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t know if a Head Coach could handle this situation better than Saleh has.  I am incredibly impressed by his leadership abilities.

Definitely.  This and the defense has to make us believe he’s going to be here a while.  Plus if mike white does even decent it will entice better veteran qbs to come here next year, since beating out ZW is easy.  

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

Reading between the lines, clearly Zack can't run the offense the way they want

That’s the main takeaway from this whole thing.  And i think the seeds of this were sown when ZW said a few weeks ago that it was ‘boring’ to throw the ball away.  He was essentially saying he doesn’t want to play in this system.  

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Hael said:

End of the day, I think we have an ever so slightly higher chance of winning with Flacco/White.

Long term, I think ZW is on the hot seat next spring and for the first few games of next year, b/c he wont survive another episode like this.  

This should be a lesson to the NFL.  Don’t start promising but raw recruits in their first few years.  Let them sit on the bench and learn.  Its just setting them up for failure.  There are many more Aaron Rogers than Josh Allens.

I disagree. I think there are almost none of either.  Can you point to any of these other Aaron Rodgers? 

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

idk. if White looks good and brings us to the playoffs i just dont see how you go back to Zach. if they thought the locker room would munity now imagine if that happened and next year you bring Zach back.

I think Wilson should be benched for the rest of season but White is still just a practice squad guy.  I don't think he'll do anything exciting.  Wilson needs more than a one game benching,  He needs to go back to "project rookie status" and learn for the rest of the season on the sidelines.  It may work for Wilson or it may not.  Depends on his attitude and the quality of his coaching.  

I'm guessing it wont work out for Wilson and I am hoping they can reel in Jimmy Garappolo.  I'd prefer him to Carr. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Love this reaction from Zach.  He is a competitor.  This time off will be good for him.  I still believe this kid is our future and I believe the coaching staff and gm do too.

He has a mountain to climb in his development.  Standing tall in the pocket, looking down field, taking a hit to deliver the ball.  Hitting the most remedial passes on a consistent basis.  Reading the field.

Which is WHY it was the right thing to do to bench him now.

• Upvote 4

Thank god they finally made this move . I think they knew all along Mike White was the superior QB but they gave Zach every chance to hold the Job and he failed . This team carried Zach and thats why he's 5-2 . Watch how this team explodes on offense this week and how Elijah Moore actually gets targeted by a competent QB 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, pointman said:

I am surprised about Zach's attitude all around lately. I loved his attitude prior to that post game presser. Now between that and this "why me" its really kind of shocking and I guess we have a better view of what sort of man he is. I am bummed about it.

I feel the same way. My Freshman in HS displays some of the immature-don't-take-full-responsibility-whiney attitude. She would be overwhelmed with questions and pressure and come off immature. On the other hand, my Sophmore in College has got beyond that. She would take full accountability and be more mature. 

I'm disappointed Zach is responding the way he is, NY Media or not.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, harts724 said:

Kurt Warner reviewed Zach's tape and said same thing . Zach's biggest problem is his footwork.

The footwork comes down from the noggen.  ZW has professional maturity issues.  Will this "reset" compel ZW to grow up ???  Dunno.  

Mike White can throw a screen pass, but he is still a third string QB.  

I want Jimmy Garappolo next season,   Get the check book out. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Lith said:

Probably footwork but he could be talking short game as well since that's how a WCO works.... the short game leads to big plays as defenses have to respect the short game at some point and if you can't use the short game as an extension of the running game and you can't routinely complete a 5-10 yard freakin pass you can't play in this league and you certainly can't play in this offense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Im not sure how this Mike White rumor got started but he has a strong arm its not elite but he can make every single throw and his interemiediate throws are on target . If MW gets the chance to correct some of the bad throws (Int) he will be a good QB and I think he will show that in the coming weeks. he also runs the offense in a good rhythm and seems to command the team and the huddle much better than Wilson. Watch how fast this offense looks on sunday I guarantee you they look 100 times faster now and a lot of factors lead to that.

Plus you have all the wrs dying to prove it’s not them it’s the qb.  And they’re at home.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No doubt man Im going nuts right now totally lifted my spirits since Ive been having a tough time lately I need my Jets to at least give me something to smile about :))))

Agreed. Stressful time indeed, and the Jets are my escape. Dont need my escape to be causing all sorts of ******* stress as well. 

• Upvote 3