Schefter: Zach Not Starting Sunday, White to Start

JetsFanatic

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Im not sure how this Mike White rumor got started but he has a strong arm its not elite but he can make every single throw and his interemiediate throws are on target . If MW gets the chance to correct some of the bad throws (Int) he will be a good QB and I think he will show that in the coming weeks. he also runs the offense in a good rhythm and seems to command the team and the huddle much better than Wilson. Watch how fast this offense looks on sunday I guarantee you they look 100 times faster now and a lot of factors lead to that.

Sounds exciting.  I honestly don't know much about MW other than the Jets game highlights.  I hope White does really good.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, pointman said:

I am surprised about Zach's attitude all around lately. I loved his attitude prior to that post game presser. Now between that and this "why me" its really kind of shocking and I guess we have a better view of what sort of man he is. I am bummed about it.

That's because many fans and others fell for Connor Hughes and his bating of Zach. He just doesn't like Hughes and Connor is out to get him. Big man, that Hughes. He and Cimini can play the overly self important game - not sure who wins. Zach was led to this by the agenda of a butt hurt reporter. It's not more complicated than that. Surprised Zach obliged him.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes a 22 year old kid who is feeling the heat of playing in NY.  It is very undertstanable that he is not handling it very well right now.  

It’s not even a NY thing. He’s feeling the heat of not playing well. The only guy in his draft class who hasn’t felt the heat has been Trevor (still sheltered by the generational thing). Zach is just not mature enough to handle pressure. Fields handled himself well while being a disaster earlier this year. Mac got benched and came back.

• Upvote 2

Robert Saleh said Mike White will start in place of Zach Wilson on Sunday against the Bears, Darryl Slater of NJ Advance Media reports. Saleh also said this: “Zach’s career here is not over. The young man needs a reset.”

But what else would you expect him to say at this point?

Saleh did say the Jets’ coaches intend to play Wilson at some point in the final seven regular season games. That mindset can obviously change, depending on how White performs.

White has played in four career games (all last season), with three starts. He has a 1-2 record as a starter and pretty bad stats — five touchdowns, eight interceptions, 75.1 quarterback rating.

Joe Flacco will be White’s backup against the Bears, while Wilson will be inactive, Saleh said.

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Nice job fixing his mechanics the last 1.5 years you bum 

JD-Saleh-Lefleur 2021 Draft

We love Zach’s ability to make plays off platform & on the move

Lefleur 11/23: Zach needs to be more fundamentally sound especially in the "lower half."

Mixed messaging from the coaching staff  

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

yep. and the rest of the league is watching. you dont want future FA to feel that Zach is the start no matter how bad he plays. your makes the rest of the team suffer.

Derek Carr on line one. Jimmy G on line 2.  This is a GREAT landing spot for a FA vet next season.  In fact, this is the MOST NON SOJ MOVE IN A DECADE.

Saleh is the man.  I can’t believe I’m saying this but…

“Thank you JD.  THANK YOU!!!” ?

• Upvote 3

I'm fine with the benching and starting of White .. just wish it were pre NE so we could all witness the true Mike White and not the Mike White that was gifted the weakest defenses in the league for the remainder of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Derek Carr on line one. Jimmy G on line 2.  This is a GREAT landing spot for a FA vet next season.  In fact, this is the MOST NON SOJ MOVE IN A DECADE.
Saleh is the man.  I can’t believe I’m saying this but…
“Thank you JD.  THANK YOU!!!”

Truth

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Glad Zach is being held accountable for playing like dog sh#+.

But temper expectations...

In his lone NFL regular-season action in 2021, White made four appearances (three starts) and completed 66.7 percent of his 132 pass attempts for 953 yards, five touchdowns and eight interceptions while losing one yard on five rush attempts.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

JD-Saleh-Lefleur 2021 Draft

We love Zach’s ability to make plays off platform & on the move

Lefleur 11/23: Zach needs to be more fundamentally sound especially in the "lower half."

Mixed messaging from the coaching staff  

It’s a polite way of saying “we drafted a lemon” 

this is obvious brother 

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

That’s why it’s not a short term move - you don’t do this planning on 1 week. 

Activating White and giving him more snaps in practice, they have been thinking about this for at least a few weeks.

Now, why White and not Flacco as the  back-up, I couldn't say (I mean, did they see something from White in practice? Some growth since pre-season?).

Absolutely love it. Really feels like we have the right HC with Saleh. Continues to step in when necessary and continues to believe in his players. 
Love that he stopped to say “listen to me, Zach’s career isn’t over here”. 

This whole situation was handled perfectly and hopefully it sparks some things in the offense and lights a fire under Wilson to fix some things. 

• Upvote 2

I don't get this move at all. 

Either they have lost all confidence in Zachs play on the field, something behind the scenes really irked Saleh, or they really like what they have seen from White. 

But I don't see Mike White doing anything for this offense. Hope I'm wrong. I am team Mike White now. Just get us that win and keep the INTs to a minimum.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Man, we have some grown-ups coaching this team.

I would have given him the Chicago game with a short leash. But Saleh is doing this his way, and I respect that.

My gut is telling me that they want White to acclimatize against an 'easier' defense (there are no easy defenses) to get ready for harder games down the schedule. This is the best time to bring in a back-up QB for a longer stretch.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Absolutely love it. Really feels like we have the right HC with Saleh. Continues to step in when necessary and continues to believe in his players. 
Love that he stopped to say “listen to me, Zach’s career isn’t over here”. 

This whole situation was handled perfectly and hopefully it sparks some things in the offense and lights a fire under Wilson to fix some things. 

If wilson can’t fix his mechanics and attitude he won’t last long in the nfl let alone the jets.  So saleh is basically saying, get it together, grow up and do what we say.  In the meantime, watch grown ups play and speak to the media.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Glad Zach is being held accountable for playing like dog sh#+.

But temper expectations...

In his lone NFL regular-season action in 2021, White made four appearances (three starts) and completed 66.7 percent of his 132 pass attempts for 953 yards, five touchdowns and eight interceptions while losing one yard on five rush attempts.

Mike White never played with the talent we have now.  I know one  thing for sure..... Mike White can hit a guy from 8 yards away.  And before anyone even goes there, I'm not hating on Zac but he has some serious issues right now and doesn't deserve to be on the field....

• Upvote 2