The Official: Fideliojet I was wrong thread!

FidelioJet

23 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It’s all good man. We’ve all been wrong. For instance, after the final 4 games of Darnold’s rookie year, I thought he was it. The chosen one. Clearly that’s not the case, and maybe it’s true  that Darnold got a dealt a sh*t hand here and it ruined his fundamentals and confidence and completely changed his career trajectory and led him to bust. Either way, I was 100% for moving on and drafting Fields after the first few weeks of year 3.

Hopefully Zach is behind us, and White can at least provide a high floor to allow the rest of the offense to develop, and we try again this offseason.

Everyone gets stuff wrong.  Even you!

For example, you thought you were wrong on Sam but you weren't.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Could Fidelio be a little better when he is at the podium in front of you guys? Sure. 

But Fidelio is the first one here and he locks up every night. Nobody works harder than Fidelio.

He is going to take a step back but ultimately this is a step forward. He is still our Captain and we know he will continue to be a great poster for years to come.

Will you pick up his 5th year option?  Oh you would have to talk to Joe Douglas about that, but Fidelio is a big part of our future.

Question:  Should it have been a red flag that Fidelio wasn't named a Captain at his prior message board?

• Haha 4

Not necessarily.  Zach looks lost out there because linebackers and safeties are keying on his sloppy ball handling and feasting on his ducks resulting from poor technique.
Zack is 23.  He is under contract for two more years beyond this one.  This is just hard work, discipline and a willingness to admit that there is a problem.  None of it is insurmountable.  Zack will be back.  He is clean and hard working.  But he was not ready to go after missing preseason.  Nor, to be honest, did I see any evidence that he had worked on these flaws in his game.  Somebody dropped the ball big time for that to be the case imo.  
Chad Pennington could clean up his game.  Zach just has to let him (or another).
Well said ..I hope he takes this like a man and uses the time to get better. Realize his flaws and work them out. I do feel like this is a turning point... A crossroads ... Simple as that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You're benched. And don't say "why me?"

But seriously, you went from Zach Wilson is elite, to he's gone for good? I think that's a bit extreme.

Zach will be playing again. Might be in a few games, when Mike White hits a wall, or next year in competition with a decent veteran alternative.

after what we saw from Zach he would have to hit the side of a mountain before Zach starts again. the bar is set pretty low for White. he just has to be better than the worst QB in the league. he should be able to do that.

if White starts the remaining games he will have 7 just like Zach. it will be very easy to compare stats. there will be no competition next year. the better stats win. but i might want a new QB in FA. either way i think Zach Wilson has played his last game as a NY Jet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Could Fidelio be a little better when he is at the podium in front of you guys? Sure. 

But Fidelio is the first one here and he locks up every night. Nobody works harder than Fidelio.

He is going to take a step back but ultimately this is a step forward. He is still our Captain and we know he will continue to be a great poster for years to come.

Will you pick up his 5th year option?  Oh you would have to talk to Joe Douglas about that, but Fidelio is a big part of our future.

I say buy him a Mike White  jersey and call it a day Boss! 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Question:  Should it have been a red flag that Fidelio wasn't named a Captain at his prior message board?

As a rule we don't speak bad of other message boards because we focus on the mission at hand here. That being said, Fidelio was clearly the leader of that board. There were questions after his junior year when he developed carpel tunnel. Can he maintain high post counts? Will he do the nightly icing that is required to get up early and post the next day?

Fidelio had a ton of questions around him but he showed up and got the job done, as he always done.

Sure we benched him today, but that is more an indication of how good we know he is and less about anything else.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed.  This is a big moment for @FidelioJet and I wish him well in his journey.  

You know what, I love this stuff. The ball busting here is being done in a genuine and funny way. I have a ton of crow to eat on Zach Wilson as well.  That is what makes this site great though, it is times like this we all realize we do want the same thing.

The Jets winning it all is the goal. If Mike White can get that done, hell we will put him in the banner.  :)

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Since before he was drafted I loved Zach Wilson as a player.

HIs potential was so intoxicating.  Having one of those elite level QB on the NY Jets was just such exciting thought.

I went all in!

I was wrong.  While I still say many of you knuckleheads never gave the kid a shot -but not only did I defend him, quite often I wasn't nice about it.   For that I apologize to my fellow JetNationers. 

As a vocal fan of his and this teams' I must accept the reality of the situation -  His benching this week, to me, signals the beginning of the end of his time as a NY Jet.

Sad day in Jet land....But let the Mike White era begin!

Not a bad but thing to see the potential. But you never really know untill you get under the bright lights . 

Apology not necessary. Man I wish he was a good qb

• Upvote 1

Not many on this board can say that at 21 yo they had it all together. Now let's magnify that and be a starting QB on an NFL team. How many of us can say "been there done that". This kid has a lot to learn and grow up, and currently is not NFL ready. We've all seen it. He will prove to everyone, that he grew up if he goes out this offseason, and hooks up with a retired NFL successful QB and works every day with him until next training camp. To me if he reaches out and works out with Steve Young via the BYU connection, or say a Kurt Warner, or Chad P. he can go a long way in fixing his image and his game.

He may never pan out to be an NFL QB but at least if he does that then he deserves the chance to compete again. He has little to no chance in my opinion if he doesn't do that this offseason.

21 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Since before he was drafted I loved Zach Wilson as a player.

HIs potential was so intoxicating.  Having one of those elite level QB on the NY Jets was just such exciting thought.

I went all in!

I was wrong.  While I still say many of you knuckleheads never gave the kid a shot -but not only did I defend him, quite often I wasn't nice about it.   For that I apologize to my fellow JetNationers. 

As a vocal fan of his and this teams' I must accept the reality of the situation -  His benching this week, to me, signals the beginning of the end of his time as a NY Jet.

Sad day in Jet land....But let the Mike White era begin!

Any real Jets fan was rooting for Zach to succeed. Now Mike White is our starter and am rooting for him to succeed.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

It’s quite  big of you @FidelioJet 

Although often times things get quite heated here, we all want the exact same thing. championships for the NYJ.

respect.

Keep in mind this thread is over a month old.  Since that time Fidelio has temporarily quit the board and his Captaincy powers have been handed over to @JTJet.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Keep in mind this thread is over a month old.  Since that time Fidelio has temporarily quit the board and his Captaincy powers have been handed over to @JTJet.

Thanks for letting me know so ,that’s what happened to @FidelioJet. Maybe he’s with @SAR I…whatever happened to him?

Hopefully nothing serious like something medical.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No he quit because someone said something "mean" about Zach.

Sometimes you just need to take a step away. I plan to when we are eliminated this season (hopefully deep in playoffs). Nothing against anyone. Hope Fidelo comes back soon.

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No he quit because someone said something "mean" about Zach.

It was me.  He was adamant the INT Zach threw vs. the Jags was a perfect throw.  And I think all I said was; What?  It was a terrible read and throw and he said...that's it, I've had enough!  lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

It was me.  He was adamant the INT Zach threw vs. the Jags was a perfect throw.  And I think all I said was; What?  It was a terrible read and throw and he said...that's it, I've had enough!  lol 

lmao.  What a b*tch move.

Jets are very much alive in the playoff hunt and he's nowhere to be found, still?  Over that?

Almost as if he can't bring himself to root for Mike White.  You know, the same thing he ripped other posters for not doing for little Zachy.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets are very much alive in the playoff hunt and he's nowhere to be found, still?  Over that?

Should have just challenged me to a fight at the JN tailgate and been done w/ it.

I miss but he's here, posting under a different name.  

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Almost as if he can't bring himself to root for Mike White.  You know, the same thing he ripped other posters for not doing for little Zachy.

The “you’re not a real jets fan” was all projection anyway we all knew that.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Thanks for letting me know so ,that’s what happened to @FidelioJet. Maybe he’s with @SAR I…whatever happened to him?

Hopefully nothing serious like something medical.

Someone is taking out the Captains. I hope I’m not in danger. I did my job being super negative and screaming for Mac to get fired in 2019 and booing Zach last Thursday, which is why he was benched for good. Hopefully I get a pass. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, JiFields said:

I think we need a deep dive into this. Can we form a committee. I think we should have 3 pro Zach posters and 3 anti-Zach posters ( Jifields can pick them)  dig into this throw. Find out what play was called, if Zach even looked at a wide open GW, was he just trying to pass to Moore so Moore wouldn't  ask for a trade after the game, was Zach checking out a MILF in the stands causing him to come off GW and throw in Moore's direction

These questions need to be answered so we can give closure @FidelioJetand allow him to reclaim his position among the Zach supporters.