The Official: Fideliojet I was wrong thread!

FidelioJet

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually it was around the time of Zachs mom being DM'd on Instagram by an upset fan and has since claimed the whole thing was photoshopped and never happened. 

Everyone seems to have a friend that takes their phone and sends d pics to ex-girlfriends at 3am.

On 11/23/2022 at 11:58 AM, JetsRay said:

The Zach Wilson era is still not over.

It's a benching of a young player that deserved it. It is probably the best move a coach can make for any young QB and it probably isn't done enough. Instead, QB's get ruined by continuously marching them out there and when they struggle, they don't allow them to reset.

I think this is a brilliant move, takes courage, and Saleh is handling it as he should.

It's about the team first, and then developing the player.

Zach needs to learn from this, just as he needs to develop as a QB, and it doesn't mean we write him off.

That said, Mike White has an opportunity of a life time, and I'm excited to see what he does with it.

I can’t recall seeing a starting QB deactivated not once but twice within a matter of weeks. This stuff just doesn’t happen in the NFL. It’s as if Saleh is purposely embarrassing Zach Wilson.  If he didnt want to play hi. He could have just dropped him to 3rd string and still dress for game day. But no, he cut the umbilical chord not once but twice.  I get the disappointment over his play and the expectations being the 2nd pick but It’s just bizarre. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I can’t recall seeing a starting QB deactivated not once but twice within a matter of weeks. This stuff just doesn’t happen in the NFL. It’s as if Saleh is purposely embarrassing Zach Wilson.  If he didnt want to play hi. He could have just dropped him to 3rd string and still dress for game day. But no, he cut the umbilical chord not once but twice.  I get the disappointment over his play and the expectations being the 2nd pick but It’s just bizarre. 

When you’re in the middle of a playoff run and one guy, who happens to play the most important position on the field, is sinking your chances, it makes perfect sense to deactivate him and give that spot to a player who can help the team on gameday. 

And it wasn’t JUST about his play, as we know.  It was about his behavior, and also to send a message to the other 52 guys in the locker room that accountability extends to EVERYONE.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When you’re in the middle of a playoff run and one guy, who happens to play the most important position on the field, is sinking your chances, it makes perfect sense to deactivate him and give that spot to a player who can help the team on gameday. 

And it wasn’t JUST about his play, as we know.  It was about his behavior, and also to send a message to the other 52 guys in the locker room that accountability extends to EVERYONE.  

He’s a twerp.

Saleh probably needed to play him once MW went down to get JD to accept the truth. Not slamming JD too bad here for wanting final evidence of bustdom.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

He’s a twerp.

Saleh probably needed to play him once MW went down to get JD to accept the truth. Not slamming JD too bad here for wanting final evidence of bustdom.

Yea, I think Saleh got neutered this season. Hopefully by acquiescing to leadership he’ll have earned some trust and decision-owning equity going forward. I hate how obvious it is that he’s being forced to do things he doesn’t agree with.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, I think Saleh got neutered this season. Hopefully by acquiescing to leadership he’ll have earned some trust and decision-owning equity going forward. I hate how obvious it is that he’s being forced to do things he doesn’t agree with.

If we manage the QB position this off-season (I want 2 competent players). Then the price for whiffing on 2 overall will be cheap, relatively speaking.

• Sympathy 1