“Why me?” -ZW

Paradis

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

how do you have this little insight? You can’t be a franchise QB and be this clueless… 

dude has 8 months to grow up and show up a man. 

3DE75325-6337-4805-B7AD-64DAC5AF4A16.jpeg

I call B.S.

There is NO way Robert Saleh would tell that information to a reporter.  So unless Connor Hughes has the office bugged, or there was a staff member in the room when it was said and he/she leaked it (which would cost them their job), I call B.S. 

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I call B.S.

There is NO way Robert Saleh would tell that information to a reporter.  So unless Connor Hughes has the office bugged, or there was a staff member in the room when it was said and he/she leaked it (which would cost them their job), I call B.S. 

well in some regard reporters need to have some relationship with the team players and coaches to lie this blatantly would totally destroy that. I'm not sure he's lying here . And if Zach feels other players are making mistakes then whats his excuse for missing wide open receivers, Missing throws on short passes and still doing a lot of things he should never ever do like turning his back and running from the rush when he should be either stepping up or running laterally ? The All-22 shows a completely different take. 

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Connor’s agenda aside - if ZW would have responded in a “hey I get it, I need to go back to square one and get my act together, figure this out” - Rob would have shared that. 

The amount excuses being afforded ZW is insane. Sauce is a rookie and has shown 10000x more grace and leadership than our QB. Spare me the sympathy campaign. 

No sympathy shown at all. Zach handled it wrong. The exact opposite of leadership. You and I agree. Connor's format was stupid and agenda ridden. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

nancy kerrigan GIF

funny.  i was thinking nancy kerrigan the minute he said "why me?"  i get that he's upset at losing the starter job but has he looked at the tape?  and then not acknowledging that his poor play didn't capitalize on a great game by the defense.  sounds like wilson needs to get his act together.

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

how do you have this little insight? You can’t be a franchise QB and be this clueless… 

dude has 8 months to grow up and show up a man. 

3DE75325-6337-4805-B7AD-64DAC5AF4A16.jpeg

connor is taking some liberties here,  listening to the press conference saleh just did not communicate this well.  These were not direct quotes from zach.  Really trying to slander the kid with this tweet.  Its borderline cruel and this is coming from someone not trying to defend zach. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Hughes is such a dummy, and u guys are eating it up....its comical. I am not even sure Saleh was saying that as a relay of the actual conversation, it was just something that he said in passing.

I’ve defended Hughes quite a bit on here, but if you watched the press conference, you know this is pretty sleazy 

basically an archetypal example of why people hate the media 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I call B.S.

it's a quote from Saleh's press conference. 

It’s crazy, Hughes us using the quote to make it sound like ZW is selfish and clueless. It’s not really fair…

Because the way I read it and took it from Saleh is that Zach thought he was owed an explanation… from the head coach… which reminds me of my kinds demanding an explanation for why they have to go to bed…

Which is actually worse.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’ve defended Hughes quite a bit on here, but if you watched the press conference, you know this is pretty sleazy 

basically an archetypal example of why people hate the media 

I used to like Hughes but he's been unbearable.

He acts like he is some kind of a football savant, asks these super inflammatory questions, makes sweeping judgements in segmenets, click baiting tweets, etc... I don't need my beat guy to be THE STORY, i don't need him being outraged and having players as nemeses....just ask good questions and give me the facts bob.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s crazy, Hughes us using the quote to make it sound like ZW is selfish and clueless. It’s not really fair…

Because the way I read it and took it from Saleh is that Zach thought he was owed an explanation… from the head coach… which reminds me of my kinds demanding an explanation for why they have to go to bed…

Which is actually worse.

You bribe them at all with Cocomelon or is it just straight do what I say? 

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Sports media isn’t a dying industry lol. These guys don’t work for local newspapers. Cimini works for espn.

1. they don't break anything anymore

2. there are tons of sources for information, and people get everything almost real time

3. no one cares about their dumb opinions. if i get one more cimini blurb on espn i dont give a sh*t about...

4. no one wants to be their source, so they make sh*t up as "anonymous sources" like they are some kind of NY Times investigative reporters

they need to get clicks and create content to justify their employment.

also, with all the sh*t disney is going through and all the layoffs espn has had....i am not buying that Cimini is in some kind of a thriving industry. **** him.

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

As much as i think Zach is a terse little ****** I dont think that's a direct quote. I think Saleh was paraphrasing but Hughes knows its a great line to drag Zach with.

Third hand quote. Zach to Saleh, Saleh to Hughes, hughes to us, huge grain of salt 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

He did the exact opposite. Sounds like he handled it like an accountable young man. He was apologizing to teammates on the bus Sunday when his dad texted him and told him he came off horribly. 

I like your user name.  RIP Hank Stram

• Upvote 2