Jump to content

ZW focus has us missing something big from that presser


PorP

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Got any quotes or at the very least summarize. What players did he call out? Didn’t get to listen

Starts about 10;30 in the video.  Maybe it wasn't as authoritative as I recalled but still

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Op said he called players out by name. Was just curious as to who

He did but if you watch it he was doing it more like giving very general examples, not actually saying this person screwed up. It was definitely more along the lines of spreading the blame so as to not make the focus all about Zack. He was being kind while still being truthful. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jetspenguin said:

He did but if you watch it he was doing it more like giving very general examples, not actually saying this person screwed up. It was definitely more along the lines of spreading the blame so as to not make the focus all about Zack. He was being kind while still being truthful. 

100%.

I would like people to ACTUALLY WATCH the Saleh presser. The Zach interview. And the G.Wilson interview before coming on here and making comments about this locker room 'falling apart' or Zach having a bad attitude or bad character or bad leadership. There is A LOT that the media has latched on to (as they always do) and blown WAY out of proportion. 

Saleh may decide to bench Zach at some point. But it will be 100% based on his on field play. It will not be because he has lost the locker room or fears losing the locker room or because of Zachs bad attitude or any nonsense like that.

At least so far, that is what my take is given what I have seen.   

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

100%.

I would like people to ACTUALLY WATCH the Saleh presser. The Zach interview. And the G.Wilson interview before coming on here and making comments about this locker room 'falling apart' or Zach having a bad attitude or bad character or bad leadership. There is A LOT that the media has latched on to (as they always do) and blown WAY out of proportion. 

Saleh may decide to bench Zach at some point. But it will be 100% based on his on field play. It will not be because he has lost the locker room or fears losing the locker room or because of Zachs bad attitude or any nonsense like that.

At least so far, that is what my take is given what I have seen.   

He’s benched after making self centered comments and was called out by teammates indirectly.

Christ can I have some of the stuff you smoking?????

The mental gymnastics here from Zach fans is funny as hell though ?????

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

100%.

I would like people to ACTUALLY WATCH the Saleh presser. The Zach interview. And the G.Wilson interview before coming on here and making comments about this locker room 'falling apart' or Zach having a bad attitude or bad character or bad leadership. There is A LOT that the media has latched on to (as they always do) and blown WAY out of proportion. 

Saleh may decide to bench Zach at some point. But it will be 100% based on his on field play. It will not be because he has lost the locker room or fears losing the locker room or because of Zachs bad attitude or any nonsense like that.

At least so far, that is what my take is given what I have seen.   

Saleh presser is absolutely worth a watch.

He did not critique the specifics of Zach play other than to say the fundamentals. 

In the conversation with Zach I suspect his complaints were about the very details of the position like setting feet, facing the pass rush, not skipping footballs, making easy reads and throws. 

Zach absolutely has the talent to become a good qb in the league but no one is bigger than the fundamentals. 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bitonti said:

Saleh presser is absolutely worth a watch.

He did not critique the specifics of Zach play other than to say the fundamentals. 

In the conversation with Zach I suspect his complaints were about the very details of the position like setting feet, facing the pass rush, not skipping footballs, making easy reads and throws. 

Zach absolutely has the talent to become a good qb in the league but no one is bigger than the fundamentals. 

 

 

Jamarcus Russell and Ryan leaf had the talent too. Zach Wilson is a bust 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

2021 the New York Jets defense gave up 24 or more points in 9 straight games, including games of 54, 45 and 45 in a 4 game period.

Not a fing peep from Saleh other than to cover his buddy jeff ulbrichs butt.

This is becoming Rex Ryan all over again.

What are you talking about?? It’s really not lol. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

He’s benched after making self centered comments and was called out by teammates indirectly.

Christ can I have some of the stuff you smoking?????

The mental gymnastics here from Zach fans is funny as hell though ?????

i dont know what happened behind closed doors and Im surprised he got benched for this game. But you did watch zachs interview right? Am I wrong in anything i said? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

2021 the New York Jets defense gave up 24 or more points in 9 straight games, including games of 54, 45 and 45 in a 4 game period.

Not a fing peep from Saleh other than to cover his buddy jeff ulbrichs butt.

This is becoming Rex Ryan all over again.

There roster was awful last year. They have the best defense in the league this year. Who give a sh*t. Get over it

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

i dont know what happened behind closed doors and Im surprised he got benched for this game. But you did watch zachs interview right? Am I wrong in anything i said? 

The way he cut off the question and said,  "no" was the problem. The way he said it was arrogant and dismissive. The rest of the press conference was fine. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, PorP said:

Starts about 10;30 in the video.  Maybe it wasn't as authoritative as I recalled but still

 

I wouldnt say those are shots fired. He didnt throw anyone under the bus. Zach needs to focus on the fundamentals and he cant do that while prepping for a game. If you watch Kurt Warner’s breakdown, it aligns to what Saleh said. Everything needs to get better including scheme.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Jamarcus Russell and Ryan leaf had the talent too. Zach Wilson is a bust 

As a starting qb1 I am deeply uncomfortable with Zach Wilson. 

As a qb 3 learning how to play pro qb on the side field I root for that guy. JaMarcus Russell was famously low effort, Ryan Leaf had substance and mental issues 

Zach just needs to grow up. It's all able to be fixed. 

People say he's never faced adversity, well this being inactive is his big act 1 obstacle. I don't think we've seen the last of this dude but it's going to be humbling for him in the near term. And it's what he needs 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This is why ZW said why me, because there is a ton of blame to go around. Things don't get that bad off of 1 position. ZW clearly was a big part of the problem, but you can't ignore the other problems

It's not all his fault but also a better quarterback fixes all the problems. That's why he went 2. That's why he makes 35 mil on the deal. It's not fair. 

Side note I'm usually all for respecting people's privacy but I'd pay cash for the demotion conversation tape of Zach saying why me and coach Saleh watching him throw a tantrum like a 5 year old in the supermarket 

That should be part of all 22 package

Real entertainment 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

There roster was awful last year. They have the best defense in the league this year. Who give a sh*t. Get over it

Get over what?  The coaching staff is being hard on the offense this year because it sucks badly.  Pro bowl caliber olineman hurt, weapon rookie great RB hurt. 

Offense stinks this year be hard on them.

Defense stunk last year, do not be hard on them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

2021 the New York Jets defense gave up 24 or more points in 9 straight games, including games of 54, 45 and 45 in a 4 game period.

Not a fing peep from Saleh other than to cover his buddy jeff ulbrichs butt.

This is becoming Rex Ryan all over again.

Love you but ...

IMO .......Robert Saleh and this organization now are NOTHING like what we saw under Rex Ryan..... Nothing....

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I wouldnt say those are shots fired. He didnt throw anyone under the bus. Zach needs to focus on the fundamentals and he cant do that while prepping for a game. If you watch Kurt Warner’s breakdown, it aligns to what Saleh said. Everything needs to get better including scheme.

I would agree except a few things and maybe I'm over thinking it

He called out WRs twice,  once by group for being out of position then by name. 

He emphasized how much better the CS needs to be

He was throwing the oline into a youth/ get better answer.  Their average age is a lot closer to 35 than 22.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zach needs to sit back and reset. He is not seeing the field well. Not comfortable out there at all. He is pressing. He needs to process and anticipate things quicker. That being said. It’s MLF’s job to play to Zach’s strengths and he’s not doing that. He wants him to be Jimmy G when Zach is closer to Russell Wilson type QB.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's not all his fault but also a better quarterback fixes all the problems. That's why he went 2. That's why he makes 35 mil on the deal. It's not fair. 

Side note I'm usually all for respecting people's privacy but I'd pay cash for the demotion conversation tape of Zach saying why me and coach Saleh watching him throw a tantrum like a 5 year old in the supermarket 

That should be part of all 22 package

Real entertainment 

 

I don't care one bit about ZW, not one bit. I root for the laundry. Yes, a better QB fixes a lot of the problems, but ZW had no business playing and that is on the coaching staff, not ZW

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PorP said:

I would agree except a few things and maybe I'm over thinking it

He called out WRs twice,  once by group for being out of position then by name. 

He emphasized how much better the CS needs to be

He was throwing the oline into a youth/ get better answer.  Their average age is a lot closer to 35 than 22.

I guess I don't see that as shots fired. He said the entire offense needs to get better which is true. He the practically named every skill position player by name and said the OL and coaches have to be better. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, tfine said:

Zach needs to sit back and reset. He is not seeing the field well. Not comfortable out there at all. He is pressing. He needs to process and anticipate things quicker. That being said. It’s MLF’s job to play to Zach’s strengths and he’s not doing that. He wants him to be Jimmy G when Zach is closer to Russell Wilson type QB.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

When he plays like Russell Wilson, his numbers get worse. His strength so far has been throwing from the pocket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Get over what?  The coaching staff is being hard on the offense this year because it sucks badly.  Pro bowl caliber olineman hurt, weapon rookie great RB hurt. 

Offense stinks this year be hard on them.

Defense stunk last year, do not be hard on them.

This is a negative? He believed in his DC and was proving right. Our D is top 3 in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...