Lefleur press conference

k-met57

didnt see it posted https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/oc-mike-lafleur-press-conference-11-23-week-12

he called out Zach's bottom half as the problem, which is what Warner was saying as well. Its mind blowing that a guy gets picked second and you are now trying to fix his footwork in year 2. is it possible that got much worse? i doubt it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

25 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

didnt see it posted https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/oc-mike-lafleur-press-conference-11-23-week-12

he called out Zach's bottom half as the problem, which is what Warner was saying as well. Its mind blowing that a guy gets picked second and you are now trying to fix his footwork in year 2. is it possible that got much worse? i doubt it.

It’s mind blowing that these issues weren’t fixed last year/this off season and that they started him this year knowing that the issues were t fixed. They also didn’t get a legit backup knowing all of this. This is a complete organizational botch job 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It’s mind blowing that these issues weren’t fixed last year/this off season and that they started him this year knowing that the issues were t fixed. They also didn’t get a legit backup knowing all of this. This is a complete organizational botch job 

yep. they should have traded for Jimmy G when he was available. Only thing i would say, i am not sure they expected 6-4 with a top 10 defense....so starting Jimmy G started to make a lot more sense with that.

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It happens. When you’re worried or concentrating about all the other things as a young player, the fundamentals usually slip.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

MLF started out this Presser just Great! He was honest, open, and emotional.  He believes in Zach Wilson and he took full responsibility for the offense, and that is why while I have had problems with him and his play calls that I think we have a real gem in LaFleur!

• Upvote 2

The thing that bothers me the most about MiLF, is the Jets drafted 7 offensive players 5 skilled, 2 OL with high picks and only one of them is a contributor to this team as of today. Granted AVT and Breece are pretty good, but will they be the same when they come back from injury. Time will tell. It didn't for Becton. Becton will have to compete for a job and was in MiLF's doghouse, Mims asked for a trade also in MiLF's sh*t list, and the same for Moore with Saleh lying about what occurred. Zach is a mess now. That's quite a bit of resources towards the offense to see minimal return. The only person worth a damn is Garrett. Some is just dumb luck. But I see Mims being released next year, and there is a good chance Moore will be traded. Becton has one more year but 2 years removed from playing and Zach could be traded or cut. And MiLF will probably survive. Just blows my mind, I guess it is about who you know.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

The thing that bothers me the most about MiLF, is the Jets drafted 7 offensive players 5 skilled, 2 OL with high picks and only one of them is a contributor to this team as of today. Granted AVT and Breece are pretty good, but will they be the same when they come back from injury. Time will tell. It didn't for Becton. Becton will have to compete for a job and was in MiLF's doghouse, Mims asked for a trade also in MiLF's sh*t list, and the same for Moore with Saleh lying about what occurred. Zach is a mess now. That's quite a bit of resources towards the offense to see minimal return. The only person worth a damn is Garrett. Some is just dumb luck. But I see Mims being released next year, and there is a good chance Moore will be traded. Becton has one more year but 2 years removed from playing and Zach could be traded or cut. And MiLF will probably survive. Just blows my mind, I guess it is about who you know.

The Jets are actually Stacked now on Offense and that’s with an All Pro Guard/Tackle or whatever he wants to be in AVT, a probable Pro Bowl RB in Breece Hall out for the year.

I was one of the biggest Wilson supporters on here, but it was all based on his arm talent and potential.  Right at this juncture, this Kid is f**ked up beyond belief in the mental part of the game, even reverting to throwing ground balls and air mailing passes 20 feet over a guys head who is only 20 feet from where he’s throwing.  It also is affecting his footwork to the point it’s the worst in the league.  How is that even possible?  They have to do mirror drills, it’s the pros.  But whatever he’s thinking just throws everything off.

White, Flacco and even their 3rd String last year Josh Johnson were ripping off 300+ yard games last year in ML’s Offense like it was nothing.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with most of the Jets Offense personnel, and it’ll only get better.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol yeah what are the odds of LaFleur saying that?

Footwork suggests more fixable, but is enough of a reason to keep him out for weeks (if not the rest of the way this year).

Whatever, he wasn't going to improve his footwork by worrying more about the next opponent. Giveback to Wilson to say it's just that which, as a coach, you'd like to see. Demoted & inactive while healthy, after countless people ripping on him from coast to coast, and then having to stand there on the sideline at a home game, is humiliation enough.

We'll see what he does with it. Not for a while, though. 

well he will get a chance to to get it right in "flight school"

thats what Cimini said the PS guys do. they stay late after practice and go to what they call "Flight School"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

possible with being under fire from the pass rush.......

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

MLF started out this Presser just Great! He was honest, open, and emotional.  He believes in Zach Wilson and he took full responsibility for the offense, and that is why while I have had problems with him and his play calls that I think we have a real gem in LaFleur!

So he took accountability.......

I agree regarding MLF..If a play doesn't work it's always the OC's fault in fan's eyes...

35 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The Jets are actually Stacked now on Offense and that’s with an All Pro Guard/Tackle or whatever he wants to be in AVT, a probable Pro Bowl RB in Breece Hall out for the year.

I was one of the biggest Wilson supporters on here, but it was all based on his arm talent and potential.  Right at this juncture, this Kid is f**ked up beyond belief in the mental part of the game, even reverting to throwing ground balls and air mailing passes 20 feet over a guys head who is only 20 feet from where he’s throwing.  It also is affecting his footwork to the point it’s the worst in the league.  How is that even possible?  They have to do mirror drills, it’s the pros.  But whatever he’s thinking just throws everything off.

White, Flacco and even their 3rd String last year Josh Johnson were ripping off 300+ yard games last year in ML’s Offense like it was nothing.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with most of the Jets Offense personnel, and it’ll only get better.

Will AVT be the same player, will Breece? Moore, Becton and Mims are probably lost causes, Zach is basically done.

Flacco had a great 2 minutes this year the rest was crap. That Cincy game was brutal. I don't have an issue with player personnel, I might if Rex Hogan gets plucked but let's assume he doesn't. The Offense produced 2 yards in the 2nd half last week. That was embarrassing and MiLF never put a 12 or 13 personnel on the field at all. Because that would have been better than a toss sweep to Robinson with 4 WOs or asking Zach to throw.

The Jets are starting their RG4 and their RT5 last week. That is not a stacked team. Their offensive line will have to be revamped, Hopefully Ruckert turns into something. Let's hope AVT and Hall turn into their old self, but it is not a guarantee. Right now you have Garrett Wilson, the rest is just fodder with 2 crossing my fingers players. Even if they do come back, that's 3 good players.

His footwork was more than adequate in the game before against Buffalo. It is weird. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Its not that he isnt trying to fix it, its just that habits are hard to break especially when your mind is scrambling around you trying to figure the game out. 

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol yeah what are the odds of LaFleur saying that?

Footwork suggests more fixable, but is enough of a reason to keep him out for weeks (if not the rest of the way this year).

Whatever, he wasn't going to improve his footwork by worrying more about the next opponent. Giveback to Wilson to say it's just that which, as a coach, you'd like to see. Demoted & inactive while healthy, after countless people ripping on him from coast to coast, and then having to stand there on the sideline at a home game, is humiliation enough.

We'll see what he does with it. Not for a while, though. 

I think this is the reason Moore wasn't  traded. The CS probably said "He's right"

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When you are pressing mentally the fundamentals go.  Lafluer is telling the truth but ignoring why the footwork has gone to hell.

But his footwork  has never been solid. He was throwing off balance, across his body and off his back foot last season. If Zach is resetting due to this, he is resetting to Training camp his rookie year. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I think this is the reason Moore wasn't  traded. The CS probably said "He's right"

Doubt it. Reason Moore wasn’t traded was he’s a 2nd yr player on a 4 yr rookie deal and he don’t get to drive the bus yet…or every disgruntled 2nd yr player would pull that sh*t. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

But his footwork  has never been solid. He was throwing off balance, across his body and off his back foot last season. If Zach is resetting due to this, he is resetting to Training camp his rookie year. 

You can’t say it’s ‘never’ been solid. At best you can say it’s inconsistent. 

after the NE debacle I went back and looked at the tape of the BUF game, and for grins the 4th qtr of the PIT game. His footwork is just fine in those instances. I don’t understand why he’s so inconsistent with his footwork from week to week. Kinda seems like when things don’t go well, he presses and loses focus?  Like I said, IMO, it’s just weird. 

Right now Wilson is a mess. His fundamentals are a mess (worse) because the game is too fast for him. He’s just not ready and the Jets were seeing a deterioration in his fundamentals as a result of his inability to mindfully play the game.

The Jets know if they had an average QB playing both NE games they would have won. There is nothing wrong with the play calling. 

The Jets are going to rip off 6 of the last 7 games

21 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

You can’t say it’s ‘never’ been solid. At best you can say it’s inconsistent. 

after the NE debacle I went back and looked at the tape of the BUF game, and for grins the 4th qtr of the PIT game. His footwork is just fine in those instances. I don’t understand why he’s so inconsistent with his footwork from week to week. Kinda seems like when things don’t go well, he presses and loses focus?  Like I said, IMO, it’s just weird. 

Was there pass rush pressure coming from up the middle?  I could be wrong but he isn’t handling pressure up the middle. It doesn’t allow him to step up and throw.