MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

24 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

I was there. It was a ****in party. Parents solemnly explaining to their children that they were viewing a world historic event. Grizzled PSE&G workers openly weeping. Strangers, now friends, hollering at one another about Mike White. Beautiful stuff 

Lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, not to make too big a deal of this, but Zach Wilson had to know the camera was going to be on him all day and yet he was sporting that sulky puss-face every time they went to him. Maybe he really is a self-centered a-hole. How do you not even pretend to be a team guy, happy for the success of your friend? You don’t have to actually feel that way, but at least pretend to be supportive for a few hours while your team is kicking somebody’s ass. Douche move, imo

But ADD and stuff

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, not to make too big a deal of this, but Zach Wilson had to know the camera was going to be on him all day and yet he was sporting that sulky puss-face every time they went to him. Maybe he really is a self-centered a-hole. How do you not even pretend to be a team guy, happy for the success of your friend? You don’t have to actually feel that way, but at least pretend to be supportive for a few hours while your team is kicking somebody’s ass. Douche move, imo

How can a person even look more disinterested than Wilson does here? It's like if it's not about me then I don't even care-we heard about how he was , now we get to see for ourselves, this is almost as bad as his "no" answer last week

• Upvote 2

As I wrote before the game in another thread:

Well, lets take inventory shall we?

"Is Mike White any good?  We are about to find out."

ANSWER: Yes.  Very good.

"I expect MW to attack the edges with screens."

ANSWER:  All Day Long. 

"I expect MW to throw and compete Bubble screens."

ANSWER: Check.

"I expect MW to CRISPLY execute gadget plays like end arounds, shovel passes and reverses."

ANSWER:  Very Crisply.

"I expect MW to use successfully use trickery."

ANSWER: Very Tricksy.

"I expect MW to freeze linebackers and safeties with play action."

ANSWER:  Did not use it and did not need it.  Used the read option handoff much of the time.  Why freeze them when you can force them to commit? 

"I expect first down after first down."

ANSWER:  Mondo check.

"I expect to win time of possession."

ANSWER:  Who cares?  We won by 21 points.

"All of it before we cross the line of scrimmage.  This is the MIKE SHANAHAN offense.  Watch any Green Bay game.  They do this stuff all the time.  If I played running back, tight end or WR for the Jets, I would be absolutely drooling over today's game.  It keeps defenses off balance which creates big plays and prevents them from keying on the running game.   It is why we hired Mike LaFleur in the first place."

ANSWER:  We looked like Green Bay.  Is  LaFleur competent or what?  Puts that to bed.

"PSYCHED."

ANSWER:  PSYCHED!

I wrote in September:

"Mike White brings the storm.  He has a disciplined screen game that complements our zone scheme.  He has the best ballhandling in the backfield since Chad.  He is a master of the play action fake (you know a guy is good when he fools you and the cameraman).  Best of all, he brings enough to the table that he adds to what the rest of the team offers.  As Bill Parcells used to put it, he drives the bus.  And he is fun.  Moreover, he has convinced me that he has worked his ass off.  I can see the polish.  I can see the effort.  

Release the Kracken."

And this morning:

"THE KRACKEN IS LOOSE!  LONG LIVE THE KRACKEN!"

Long live the Kracken!  We are going to be a tough out the rest of the way.  How about watching Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore celebrating together?  There was so much to like about today I do not know where to start.  Yeah I do.  The smile on Coach Saleh's face . . .

• Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

ZW looks like a punk

His WWE-style heel turn is crazy — from feted #2 pick to clownish failure in like 18 months — but I don’t care

We have our QB now and his name is Mike freaking White

I don’t care what anybody says

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Not only are you correct but if you're him wouldn't you, ya know, want to be looking at a tablet as well? I realize I'm me and not him but I'd like to think in that situation I'd want to be a sponge brain. 'Why was that play successful?' 'How can I replicate that?' He's looking at a Manziel-type career, IMO. 

Also, a few days ago I referred to him as dumb but not an a$$hole. Nah, he's an a$$hole. I'll take my licks on that one. 

• Upvote 1

It would be an amazing story if Mike White becomes our true FQB that can lead us to a SB victory. He was excellent yesterday. I think the real test for him will be once everyone gets a book out on him and makes adjustments to what he is doing. Can he continue to play at a high level once adjustments are made.

He doesnt have a great arm, and 2 times he got luck a pick wasnt made that ultimately the Jets had TD drives on. He has a stronger arm than Pennington, so its not as dire, but he needs to beef up his arm strength ala Brady.

He reads the d really well, has fantastic accuracy in short and mid term range, and makes really quck decisions. 

All that said he had a very clean pocket for the most part, and most QB's can play very well with a clean pocket. Cautiously optimistic

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

And then you especially want to be there when it docks at the Super Bowl in February-and in the words of the late, great,  Greg Lake of ELP " I'll be there I'll be there, I will be There"

Sure beats the soundtrack to last week, courtesy of Dave Grohl.  "Done. Done and I am on to the next one.  Done I am done and I'm on to the next."

7 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

It would be an amazing story if Mike White becomes our true FQB that can lead us to a SB victory. He was excellent yesterday. I think the real test for him will be once everyone gets a book out on him and makes adjustments to what he is doing. Can he continue to play at a high level once adjustments are made.

He doesnt have a great arm, and 2 times he got luck a pick wasnt made that ultimately the Jets had TD drives on. He has a stronger arm than Pennington, so its not as dire, but he needs to beef up his arm strength ala Brady.

He reads the d really well, has fantastic accuracy in short and mid term range, and makes really quck decisions. 

All that said he had a very clean pocket for the most part, and most QB's can play very well with a clean pocket. Cautiously optimistic

Good post.  The guy did everything you could possibly ask for.  Yes, it was a bad defense he was playing, but he did exactly what a good NFl QB should do to a bad defense.  He carved them up.

I don't know if he is the long term answer, but right now, it seems apparent he is the best QB on this team and gives us the best chance to win this season.  Play the man the rest of the way, and worry about the long term in the offseason.